ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Mugello

3 posters

Go down

MotoGP Mugello Empty MotoGP Mugello

Post by PLAYLIFE Sat May 31 2014, 05:01

About time someone gives Henrik a break and starts the thread!

Mugello this weekend, unfortunately we were hit with some drizzle on Friday so there wasn't as much running as there otherwise would have been.

Pol had a big one into turn 1, luckily uninjured.

Really looking forward to this one!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Mugello Empty Re: MotoGP Mugello

Post by Henrik Sat May 31 2014, 09:55

Thank's Playlife! There is so little activity on here with most people only going to the Facebook page. Still, I will keep going here as there are still some like Dannyboy and H8 who do not go to FB.

I will miss this race live as I will be in a plane coming back from Tokyo. So, I will avoid coming here until Monday when I have seen the races...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Jun 02 2014, 14:08

Back from Japan, and watched the races this morning.

As expected, the Moto3 race was the best. I love it when you have a group that big challenging for the win. Lap after lap, the end of the straight was simply amazing with six or seven riders abreast fighting for the corner. I was nevertheless confident that Fenati would live up to the expectations, and he did not disappoint. With Jack crashing out, the championship suddenly became very tight again!

Moto2 was not that special, but there were some good moments.

In MotoGP, it really was a pity that Rossi was not able to join the two leaders, but I suppose his poor grid position really did not help him. The fight between Lorenzo and Marquez was spectacular, and it would have been so cool to have a third rider in the mix. Lorenzo clearly has come to grips with the new tires, and Marquez really had to fight for his 6th straight win.

Good stuff!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Jun 03 2014, 14:58

We only get MotoGP live in Oz now, so only just got around to watching Moto2 and Moto3.

WOWOW! Moto3 was incredible. I haven't seen a race like that for years. 6 abreast at times, with anyone as far back as 6th being able to slipstream and lead into turn 1 lap after lap, insanity. I was surprised there wasn't more contact to be honest. What a perfectly measured ride from Fenati, under all that pressure, that really gives him another tick in my book.

And as you said, MotoGP was spectacular. Edge of the seat stuff for the last 8-odd laps. Amazing racing and further proves how great a circuit Mugello is for motorbikes.

Bring it on!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Jun 03 2014, 19:39

It is true that what really made the Moto3 race great was that it seemed to work out somehow each lap with all those riders. It was tight sometimes, but they always seemed to make it.

Bummer about Jack Miller though, as you now have a new Australian hope. The kid is good, and even though my favourite is clearly Fenati especially now that Maverick has moved on to Moto2, I can totally see him win the title.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Jun 03 2014, 19:40

Oh, and the new ViƱales is becoming really strong too!Two podiums in a row is more than a flash in the pan.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed Jun 04 2014, 17:41

Wow...what a great race weekend!

I love seeing Jorge lose.

Masterful race by Rabat.

Moto3 was a barn burner, and Fenati winning at home was awesome!

Josh Herrin crashed out again...couldn't even figure out how he did that. I always felt he was highly overrated. He needs to go. Caterham deserves a rider to help Zarco find setup etc...
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Wed Jun 04 2014, 19:05

H8R wrote:

I love seeing Jorge lose.

You're not alone! 'Tis a good season for that...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down