ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Mugello

3 posters

Go down

MotoGP Mugello Empty MotoGP Mugello

Post by Henrik Sat Jun 05 2010, 13:27

Having seeen the MotoGP season start of slowly with far to much time between the races, the real season starts this weekend. Unfortunately, it couldn't have started worse for Rossi. In practice yesterday he highsided and broke his right tibia. All through his career, he has always avoided any serious injury and always been on the grid. Not this time, and the fracture really comes at the worst time possible of the season.

So, with Rossi out this weekend, and probably for a couple of more races at least, the door is wide open for Lorenzo. I expect him to really capitalize on this, and run away with the championship. Let's just hope that riders like Dovi and Hayden go for it full out to try and beat Lorenzo so as to keep the championship interesting.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Mugello Empty Re: MotoGP Mugello

Post by H8R Sat Jun 05 2010, 16:13

I wonder who they are going to but on Rossi's bike in the mean time.

Spies seems to be a good fit.

What about if Yamaha gave Ducati some money and got Troy Bayliss to come back as a fill in rider???

I think Ben will do a few races on the FIAT, and one of the TECH 3 Moto 2 guys will fill in on Ben's bike.

I already called Livio and Herve and let them know I'm ready willing and able to race for them.

Very Happy
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Jun 05 2010, 22:50

Yeah, Herve called me about riding the Tech 3 bike, but I told him to stuff it. If I don't get the FIAT bike then no deal...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Jun 06 2010, 20:29

So, did you get to see the races this time H8?

Unfortunately the MotoGP races are really becoming a bit boring, with not enough contenders. With Rossi out, that makes one top rider less as well. Still, it looks like Lorenzo will not have an easy time since Honda has actually gotten their bikes to work. Pedrosa was just dominating today, and Dovi was not far off.

However, the Moto2 is just too much fun to watch! In spite of Iannone taking off alon at the front, the fight for second place was just out of this world today. Those guys are just nuts, and the show we spectators get is simply awesome. I'm sitting in front of the TV screaming and jumping around the whole race. Then you get glimpses of Simon backing it in to the corners in a way that would even impresss the BSB riders. Great stuff!!!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Mon Jun 07 2010, 22:45

Henrik....

Sorry for the delay I was waiting for SpeedTV to broadcast Moto2 before I checked this thread.

Moto 2 was a good race. I bet Iannone's bike got torn down in tech to the last nut and bolt. Damn...he just disappeared!

The rest of the field kept it interesting.

Did you get a chance to see the Daytona Sportbike or Supersport race from Road America this weekend????

The Supersport race almost made the Moto 2 race look like a snooze fest....well except for the Jules Cluzel highsiding in front of the pack at Mugello.

It was a good weekend to watch racing except for Rossi being dearly missed. I wonder if we are witnessing the sun starting to set on his career.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Jun 07 2010, 22:52

Right, I will have to go get the supersport race then...

About Rossi, I agree that it may be a big step to the end of his career. He has never really hurt himself before, and I don't think he has missed a single race since starting in 125. This is a pretty serious injury, and he will not heal overnight. He will probably return to the last couple of races of the year, but in what sort of shape?

He has won so much, that I just don't see how he could not question continuing next year.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Wed Jun 09 2010, 01:28

I don't know much about this guy named Vittoriano Guareschi, but something makes me think he is a trip to hang our with.

MotoGP Mugello Vg1
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Wed Jun 09 2010, 07:19

Not sure what he's like to hang out with, but he is the team manager at Ducati. Being a former rider, he will also test the GP bikes...

I think most of the guys in the bike paddock would be fun to hang out with...unlike F1....
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down