ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say it ain't so!!!

+14
eso
da silva
Srrh
Henrik
glendo
Dani
TopContender
Gelert
Danny Boy
Trixie
RDD
H8R
gueuzeman
Werner
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Say it ain't so!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Say it ain't so!!!

Post by Srrh Thu Dec 17 2009, 11:27

ROFL...

I am about to become one again...
All my mercedes motorsport t-shirt are going straight to the trash...

But yea, what about you bitches...?
lol
Srrh
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Thu Dec 17 2009, 12:04

da silva wrote:So none of you bitches was ever a Ferrari fan?

Mayyybe...... Wink

Actually, I have always been more of a driver fan and a bit of an antidriver or antiteam, a la Maclaren.

Sort of like being a closet Leaf fan Embarassed and anybody but Habs fan. cyclops
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor22 Thu Dec 17 2009, 13:48

Well I was a die hard Tifosi till around July this year.

that was when the Scuderia's politicians manipulated the sport and the FIAto aid the exit of 3 manufacturers.

All the politicing was used to ensure a Ferrari advantage under the budget cap rules.

It has become abundantly clear that the F1 operations do not report directly to the board of directors of those concerned.

In the end, we now have the resource restriction and Ferrari has enough time to re-organise itself to skirt the rules from 2012.

I prefered Ferrari F1 when Todt was around. Under current leadership it seems to be heading back to its politics over common sense.

Raptor22
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Thu Dec 17 2009, 13:56

only team i really liked was williams, and then jordan, and finally stewart before it sold out (allbeitwisely) and became ford... and redbull is a breath of fresh air really... atleast they focus on the real meat with the drivers.... i can't eblieve ferrari couldnt find someone decent to put in hte car when massa wore that 800 pound spring in the visor... pants down!

i've always liked mansell, villenueve, alesi, takagi sort of drivers Wink
Beer
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Thu Dec 17 2009, 15:35

da silva- Obviously you weren't asking me!lol!

Srrh- Welcome to the "dark side" as everyone around here is so fond of calling it!lol!

Raptor...you were a tifoso during the Todt phase but not now?! The mind absolutely boggles. You disagree with their politics NOW, but not during the Todt/Brawn era? Seriously? Cause Schummi/Todt/Brawn were so good for Ferrari after all, they really brought a sense of respectability and pride to the team...btw I'm being sarcastic. I'm sorry, I just don't understand that sentiment. The only time I ever questioned it was right in the middle of the Schumacher era after he became like a cancerous growth taking over my team.
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Thu Dec 17 2009, 19:08

Dani wrote:da silva- Obviously you weren't asking me!lol!

Apparantly you are the only true Tifosi around here. Although I can't fathom your choice I respect your loyalty.

The rest, well............... Suspect

lol!
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Thu Dec 17 2009, 19:11

Srrh wrote:ROFL...

I am about to become one again...

Alofosi? No
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor22 Thu Dec 17 2009, 21:56

yes Dani, I actually do prefer the ferrari under Todt.

It was efficient, it was an incredibly tough environment but success was always within reach. The greater F1 politics was pretty much Ferrari against McLaren with the court jester Briatore throwing spanners.
Now Ferrari are even more politically powerful than ever and thats dangerous for F1 as we have seen over the northern summer.
Their performances seems to lapsing back toward the ferrari of old. Pity. I still love Ferrari, but I cannot wave the flag till they act for F1 and not just ferrari.

My money's on Vettel again for 2010. I reckon Schumi will run he and Lewis close

Raptor22
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by RacerX Thu Dec 17 2009, 23:35

Wuff...I've always been a driver fan over team...never really gave it much thought, always pulled for M$ the first time I ever saw him run (as an under dog) waaaaaaaaaaay back in some Renault Ford. I sortof became a Ferrari fan (not so much fan but really appreciated their team work, efficiency & product) while M$, Brawn & Todt were running the show. It was very impressive to see them work as a single unit, very machine like, winning, winning, winning everything...almost sickening, if I weren't a $chumacher fan.

As for Ferrari now...I've watched portions of three races since M$ left, so I don't think that qualifies as a fan of either Ferrari, or F1...

Just my experience, if anyone's really interested.

BTW- Did anyone see Bernie's reply when asked about Nico going to Mercedes??? He replied: "Why would they want Nico, when they have Michael?" Spoken as if it really were a done deal...

Bernie back tracked in the next sentence saying it would be exciting "if" Michael were to come back in F1. Word games??? Who knows...

Oh well, time will tell...I think it's a done deal, but I'm wishfully thinking...

Later,
Rx
RacerX
RacerX
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Fri Dec 18 2009, 05:25

As posted elsewhere I've been a Ferrari fan since the early '60s. It does pain me that Alonso is driving there this season as I really don't like him.

Sad to see Kimi go even though he really seemed disinterested most of the time.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Mon Dec 21 2009, 03:01

Raptor- Of course Ferrari will act for Ferrari over F1, it was always that way. When all else failed, Enzo's last negotiating strategy was to threaten to withdraw from formula one. It was a bluff that worked every time. The tactics and the intrigues are nothing new. The difference is that now Ferrari is pulling for Ferrari and not for Schumacher. The fact is they had a rough season, so what. It's a transitional period in time, things have changed, but Ferrari will be back. Ferrari was great before team Schumacher and they will be great again. Because there had been a Ferrari 1-2 before Schumacher came along and there will be many more.

Oh and before I forget, one thing has changed. There are no more witch hunts at Maranello. I'd say that's progress.

If you can't believe in them now, when will you ever believe in them?
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Wed Dec 23 2009, 00:06

Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Wed Dec 23 2009, 01:31

YES!!!!!!! We are finally free! I am ecstatic...

Scuderia Ferrari...Schumacher free! Woohoo!!!
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Wed Dec 23 2009, 01:41

Dani wrote:YES!!!!!!! We are finally free! I am ecstatic...

Scuderia Ferrari...Schumacher free! Woohoo!!!

And more importantly, Schufosi free! shamuwink
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Wed Dec 23 2009, 10:09

Nope, I was never a Ferrari fan and never will be. I have always loathed their tactics, and I don't like the colour red. There were some Ferrari drivers over the years that I liked, with Gilles being the most obvious one. I think the only time I actually cheered for a Ferrari though was one race in Imola when Stefan Johansson almost won, but ran out of gas (in the turbo days).

For me it was always Lotus. When they disappeared it was the biggest loss F1 had ever suffered, and it was a clear sign of the decline of F1 as I loved it. However, with the death of Colin Chapman Lotus had already lost their spirit even though they remained a favourite with Senna. My second favourite team was Tyrrell with their very innovative thinking that was ingenious just like Lotus designs.

Other than Lotus and Tyrrell, I would always favour the smaller teams like in the more recent years Jordan and Stewart. I suppose Red Bull would qualify, but since I just don't watch F1 anymore I really don't know. I heard there was a Japanese replacement driver this year who was good, and I suppose that would be somebody I could cheer for as well... I can't explain it, but I always liked Japanese drivers, much like I like Japanese riders in motorcycle racing.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor22 Wed Dec 23 2009, 11:55

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80651

damn its good to be the king Very Happy

who's your dadddy bitches Laughing

Raptor22
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Wed Dec 23 2009, 15:03

"...Mercedes GP will field an all-German driver line-up in 2010..."

Uh oh, the über team... Not so sure if that is a good marketing tactic...

Well, there will certainly be a healthy dose of partisan rhetoric this season.

So there will be 4 current or former WDCs on the grid this season, 2 of them multiple. And we have some new teams too.

Let's hope we see some good racing.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Wed Dec 23 2009, 15:53

eso wrote:"...Mercedes GP will field an all-German driver line-up in 2010..."

Except the whole car is designed and built by Englishmen in England. lol!
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Wed Dec 23 2009, 16:04

da silva wrote:
eso wrote:"...Mercedes GP will field an all-German driver line-up in 2010..."

Except the whole car is designed and built by Englishmen in England. lol!

They were planted there years ago to build their covers...

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Wed Dec 23 2009, 20:32

Henrik wrote:...but since I just don't watch F1 anymore I really don't know. I heard there was a Japanese replacement driver this year who was good, and I suppose that would be somebody I could cheer for as well... I can't explain it, but I always liked Japanese drivers, much like I like Japanese riders in motorcycle racing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80651

"The motivation I think is pretty straightforward," Schumacher said. "The call I got from Ross at the end of November concerning the chance to go racing, Mercedes being involved, I felt great."

"I never left the race track. I was tired of F1 by the end of 2006, but in three years of absence I got back all the energy that I am feeling right now. I played around with motorbikes and I feel ready for some serious stuff now."

CRAP...! Darth Vader has taken sides in the "F1 versus Bikes" debate...!
I love F1; I don't love bikes; and I don't like Michael.
I'll admit that he's a good driver - but he's a better cheat... paperbag

*EDIT* Aaaah...got it....

Schummi wants yet more records: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80663

Michael Scumacher will beat a long-standing record in Formula 1: the one related to the longest career span between two races. At the moment Schumacher lays sixth in the rankings behind Jack Brabham, Riccardo Patrese, Luca Badoer, Rubens Barrichello, and Graham Hill who established the record in the 1975 Brazilian Grand Prix, starting his last race 16 years, eight months and eight days after his maiden race, the 1958 Monaco Grand Prix. Hill participated in another two race weekends that year, South Africa and Monaco, failing to qualify. When he starts the race in Bahrain, 2010, Schumacher will snatch that record with a career that will have spanned 18 years, 6 months and 17 days.

Michael Schumacher already holds the record for the longest timespan between wins (14 years, 1 month and 1 day from Belgium 1992 to China 2006) and fastest laps (14 years, 1 month and 22 days from Belgium 1992 and Brazil 2006), but misses the one for pole positions (Rubens Barrichello, 15 years, 1 month and 20 days from the 1994 Belgian Grand Prix to the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix) and podiums (Rubens Barrichello, 15 years 4 months and 27 days from the 1994 Pacific Grand Prix to the 2009 Italian Grand Prix). But a pole or a podium next year will also claims these records.

Suspect

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Wed Dec 23 2009, 23:07

Who's going to Montreal with us?? Smile

As soon as Angie found out the great news she has been shopping on-line for race weekends. We will probably get seats on the hairpin.

Any takers.... Jim, I know how much you would like to watch Schumi...fail.tongue

Trixie, you interested?? Question Exclamation Question

I'm so happy I could just have a big crap. clown
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Thu Dec 24 2009, 06:56

[quote= Werner]I'm so happy I could just have a big crap. clown[/quote]

Wait- I'll act surprised. Well, your geting ickets shows the financial impact of this. Bernie is happy.

As for me going, maybe Friday for the day for practice, that's it.

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Wed Jan 20 2010, 15:22

Holy shit!

Sorry for the long absence - long story but basically I suck.

MS will be back???? How the world has changed in a month!

When's Montreal? I'd love to go, don't know if I can work it out, but I'd certainly have to try.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Wed Jan 20 2010, 23:51

Montreal is on the 13th of June I think. We are pretty sure we are going, but not positive. If we do we will be getting tickets on the hairpin.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Thu Jan 21 2010, 16:24

Werner wrote:Montreal is on the 13th of June I think. We are pretty sure we are going, but not positive. If we do we will be getting tickets on the hairpin.

Hmmmm, have a car show which is probably the weekend before that in PA. Then there's the hot rod tour, but I'd probably skip that. I'll have to see, but it would be awesome if I could work that trip out.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum