ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aragon

Go down

Aragon Empty Aragon

Post by Henrik Fri Sep 27 2019, 17:19

Another insane ride from Marquez in Aragon. He was just so much faster than anybody else regardless of what bike they had. I believe it was clear to anybody watching from Friday that he would win the race in this fashion.

Behind him it was a bit of a strange development. The Yamahas had appeared fast all weekend, and in the beginning they confirmed this. However, after a whiletheir pace began to drop, and at the same time the Ducatis suddenly seemed to get quicker. In the end it really was a surprise to see the Ducatis get up there, but I think this must have been because of how the bikes behaved on the tires provided.

Fabio Q continues to impress, and he really was doing what he could. On any faster sweeping corner he is able to go just so fast, but at the same time he has the slowest bike out there. You could tell this along the back straight when comparing with a Ducati for example.

On the other hand, Rossi was yet again disappointing. Yes, there are always excuses to be found, but as much as a younger Rossi was able to ride around bike weaknesses, this current Rossi just does not have it in himself. He will always be one of the best riders ever, but I think the time to hang up the helmet has been reached. This could then free up a factory Yamaha for Fabio!

I think the KTMs were quite surprising too during the weekend, showing some really good pace. Knowing KTM and what they have accomplished in the past, I am confident that in a year or two they will be fighting for podiums on a regular basis. It's just a pity that Zarco was not able to come to terms with the bike, and now he is in a very strange situation.

Well, there are talks that Lorenzo will also call it quits for the end of the season (even if he denies this). If so, the Honda becomes available and it is obviously possible that Honda will hire Zarco as a replacement. If this happens, I doubt that it will end well for Zarco. That Honda seems as difficult to ride as the KTM, if not more, unless your name is Marc Marquez.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down