ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Indy

2 posters

Go down

MotoGP Indy Empty MotoGP Indy

Post by Henrik Sat Aug 09 2014, 13:07

TC, I am guessing you will be there?

Early hope for Rossi, only for Marquez to bounce back in the second free practice.... 8 out of 8?
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Indy Empty Re: MotoGP Indy

Post by TopContender Mon Aug 11 2014, 03:18

Yeah it was fun. The Moto3 race was a total crap shoot. There was so much passing that we couldn't tell who was in the lead at certain parts of the track. I think the replacing of the track really helped.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:05

The track did seem better indeed, especially that there are not 4 different kinds of surfaces on it any more. I still don't like it, but it is better.

For sure the Moto3 this year is great, but then again it usually is. It really is the race not to miss each race weekend. For me the Moto2 this year has been a bit of a disappointment as I am always expecting better battles. Yesterday it was okay, but I actually think yet again the MotoGP ended up providing a better show.

Rossi had an incredible start, but you just knew that Marc was not running at his top pace in the beginning. I was sure he could do high 1:32 laps, and while Rossi was out front it was more like low to mid 1:33's, so it was just a question of Marc getting by. Lorenzo sort of helped him out with this!

All in all, a good race and 10 for 10 for Marquez!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Aug 11 2014, 18:36

The biggest disappointment for me was Ducati's fan area. For years we had Ducati Island. There was a stage show, huge area to see the new bikes, a grand stand, and great place to pickup new gear. This year we had just a grand stand. Ducati did nothing. The track filled the seats, and the local Ducati dealer did everything else. It was embarrassing. I was looking forward to seeing the SuperLegerra, and maybe get a sneak peak at the new Scrambler. It was sad. Even Suzuki had a huge tent, but no Ducati. It is like the recent changes with Audi has cut out all of their promotion budget.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:36

I think Ducati has lost their way a bit these last few years. Each year they have two days of testing all their bikes just down the road from me, and I always spend quite some time there to try out their different bikes. This year, I didn't try a single bike... It was not because there was nothing on offer, it was simply none of their current appeal to me, and I used to love Ducatis.

I know there is not a huge market for bikes like the ST, but that was a brilliant bike. They now tell me to go for the Multistrada instead, but I don't like it. It is nothing like the ST. And just when they stopped producing the SportsClassics the market is totally picking up for those sort of bikes.

I would be curious to see their recent sales figures.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down