ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Motegi

2 posters

Go down

MotoGP Motegi Empty MotoGP Motegi

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 19 2010, 12:38

Oh well, because of this stupid ash cloud from Iceland, the Motegi race has been cancelled. Crap!!!

It is quite amazing to look up at a blue sky and not see any vapour trails from all the planes. A bit creepy actually...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Motegi Empty Re: MotoGP Motegi

Post by NorthCoast Mon Apr 19 2010, 15:44

I used to be able to watch the planes make their final approach into Rochester from my backyard.
After 9/11 and the three day closure, it truly was strange how you notice the lack of air traffic.

I, too, am disappointed at the cancellation of the race. It's funny how nature effects every sport from cricket to football to auto and bike racing.

I wonder how long the transport ministers will be able to put up with the pressure to reopen the airspace.
NorthCoast
NorthCoast
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 19 2010, 20:08

I think the financial problems will be huge, and can potentially bankrupt some of the more cash strapped airlines. The situation is becoming very serious, and as the winds now seem to be changing to the west, it is likely that your area will be directly affected by the cloud NC.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthCoast Mon Apr 19 2010, 20:24

We're being told it will be over Newfoundland within a day or two.
When you're a big ash cloud, the trip to New Hampshire doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch! Very Happy
NorthCoast
NorthCoast
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down