ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Motegi

5 posters

Go down

MotoGP Motegi Empty MotoGP Motegi

Post by TopContender Sun Oct 03 2010, 23:49

That was bit of a bore. The only racing was Lorenzo and Rossi, and that was nice to see. Sad that the only threat to Jorge snapped his collar bone.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Motegi Empty Re: MotoGP Motegi

Post by Revs Mon Oct 04 2010, 08:59

it sucks to be pedrosa Surprised

was interesting that straight away Dovi was up there where Pedrosa was before... hmmmm

nice little start from Stoner at T1 though and Rossi's pass on Lorenzo was gold!
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Oct 04 2010, 14:00

Indeed, with Pedrosa out the fight for the championship is all but over. I think a number of MotoGP races this year have been a bit boring, and certainly at the front Dovi never looked like he had a chance to take on Stoner.

I did find the scrap between Lorenzo and Rossi highly entertaining. The commentator was saying early in the race that Rossi had said he would be helping Lorenzo for the championship. I am not really sure how he thought he helped him yesterday! Imagine seeing that sort of a fight in F1 between team mates, with one basically already champion and the other without a chance.

It did look like normal Rossi mind games, trying to out-psyche Jorge. He should be in a great position to write history next year with the Ducati looking better, and his fighting spirit fully intact.

Over in Moto2 it was also a surprisingly boring race (all things relative). Elias looks set to take the first Moto2 title, and certainly would deserve it. Simon must be getting frustrated at always finishing second (his reaction at the finish line would tend to show this!). I'm sure he'll get a win soon though, and his style is just a pleasure to watch. Only Yonny Hernandez manages to slide the bike more, and yesterday a bit too much!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Oct 04 2010, 16:36

Lorenzo and Yamaha are complaining about Rossi's tactics. They claim that Vale was to aggressive, and Jorge is whining because Rossi touched him.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Oct 05 2010, 05:52

Rossi hit Jorge on the exit under the bridge, and Jorge hit Rossi dive-bombing into the hairpin.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Jorge was as much at fault for touching as Rossi.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Oct 05 2010, 08:07

The fact that Jorge is bitching about it shows that Rossi is winning the mind games.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Oct 06 2010, 03:32

Henrik wrote:The fact that Jorge is bitching about it shows that Rossi is winning the mind games.

Yup I think so too, unless it's Jorge's idea of trying to play mind games with Rossi...but that wouldn't rattle Valentino one iota.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed Oct 06 2010, 15:47

The rumor is that Yamaha isn't going to let Rossi test the Ducati at the end of the year. That removes any help Rossi would have given Jorge. It also seems that right after Sepang that Rossi will have the shoulder surgery done. At the start of the year Rossi was fastest there before the injury...he wants to compare to that...and since preseason testing comes back to Sepang it gives Rossi and JB a good idea where they are at on the Duc.

The racing between Rossi and Jorge was no rougher then what we see in 125/moto2/WSS. Jorge has forgotten the Marquis of Queensbury rules already.

If you guys can find race 1 and 2 from Barber for the Daytona Superbikes (600cc with danny eslick and josh Herrin) watch them...in the rain...they make it look like Motocross. There was some serious grudge racing going on.

I've also heard that Fiat is going to Ducati....and that Telefonica is going to be the Yamaha sponsor.

Look for Ben Spies to move early (he's done 10 races, rookie rule no longer applies to him) to the factory team with Houseworth and Woody, and Cal will get an early start on the Tech3 bike.

Lastly... It seems that Livio Suppo and Alberto Puig are already at war at Repsol. Puig is trying to make sure Dani Pedrosa stays the focus....after 5 years and no championship thats going to be a tough sell. I heard the politics are insane there...with most people expecting some interesting scenarios. I think Stoner is the rock Puig will break himself on.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Wed Oct 06 2010, 18:53

What do you mean by Ben going early? Are they wanting to drop Vale, and promote Ben to avoid any last minute shenanigans?
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed Oct 06 2010, 19:01

TopContender wrote:What do you mean by Ben going early? Are they wanting to drop Vale, and promote Ben to avoid any last minute shenanigans?

If Vale decides to have the surgery after Sepang his season will be over....that leaves his bike with no one to ride it. Yamaha would promote Ben to the factory squad instantly, and then bring Cal in early to ride the Tech Trois bike.

Vale also took his last new motor with the latest EVO at Motegi....there are those that are saying his taking that motor was his way of having an idea what Yamaha would start next year with...and it was another subtle FU to Yamaha.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Wed Oct 06 2010, 19:03

Well if Rossi has the surgery right after Sepang, I guess that rules out him attending the remaining races.

I have to say, judging by all the bitching and political crap going on within Yamaha and Honda, Rossi's chance of pulling it off on the Ducati are looking better all the time.

I would love to see Ben being the fastest Yamaha next year, and Stoner the fastest Honda.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed Oct 06 2010, 19:52

Henrik wrote:Well if Rossi has the surgery right after Sepang, I guess that rules out him attending the remaining races.

I have to say, judging by all the bitching and political crap going on within Yamaha and Honda, Rossi's chance of pulling it off on the Ducati are looking better all the time.

I would love to see Ben being the fastest Yamaha next year, and Stoner the fastest Honda.

100% agree
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down