ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Season marks 20 years for me among this group!

+4
NorthCoast
PLAYLIFE
Cine_Man
eso
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This Season marks 20 years for me among this group! Empty This Season marks 20 years for me among this group!

Post by eso Sun Mar 11 2018, 01:24

In the first week of July 1998 I left Huntington Beach to do a project in Chicago that would have me there until November. It was there that I first stumbled into the Dive trying to get back into following F1 again. So this season mark 20 years for me hanging out with this lot.

This was the first raced I followed after finding the Dive:

I think it was Racer X who first invited me to Shamu a bit later.

And i'm more excited about the MotoGP again than the F1. I still love F1 for the tech–it has always been that that attracted me most to it–but the really great racing is on two wheels.

Happy start to another season of racing!

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

This Season marks 20 years for me among this group! Empty Re: This Season marks 20 years for me among this group!

Post by Danny Boy Sun Apr 01 2018, 08:26

Good to see you eso, sorry it is a bit late, enjoy your Easter Eggs today.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

This Season marks 20 years for me among this group! Empty Re: This Season marks 20 years for me among this group!

Post by eso Sun Apr 01 2018, 15:44

Thanks Danny.

Where are you now? Are you back in England or still in the Emirates or that region?
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Apr 01 2018, 16:01

Hi Eso,

We've been living in Ireland (and enjoying it) for the last 12 months, survived my first european winter for 35 years, just.

Hope things are well in your world.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sun Apr 01 2018, 22:10

Ireland is wonderful. I'd like to move there, but Jill won't leave while her mother is still alive (Her mom is from Dublin but has been in the US since the 1960s)

eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Mon Apr 02 2018, 00:13

We live on the side of a lake called Lake Muckno, Castleblayney. very large lake, well, for Ireland and well known for fishing. There is also a golf course 1 mile away, also along the lake, and being Ireland, there are more pubs along the main street than any other type of shop/establishment.

Maybe will will see you in Ireland sometime.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Wed Apr 04 2018, 18:35

Ah, the faint ping of a Formula One hybrid engine.... I love the smell of lithium in the morning. It smells like... undercutting under the Virtual Safety Car through the pits. Yeah, that's the strategy.

Hola, gents. Hope you all had a happy Pasqua.  I'm on the move, too.  From the most populous/northern city in North America to Canada's California:  Victoria, British Columbia. And scaling down my little business (I hope) so that there is a bit more room for this thing called life. Looking forward to a race that is won on the track.

BTW, these are everywhere in old Vicky --
This Season marks 20 years for me among this group! Victor10

on a rare snow day (Christmas 2017)

jPO
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Apr 04 2018, 19:30

Good to hear from you Cine Man, dolphins are good bait for the Killer Whales that are frequently seen on the approaches to Victoria Island. Enjoy your new home.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Fri Apr 06 2018, 01:51

Hello again everyone, been a while!

Silverstone 1998 was an intriguing race. After Schumacher 'crossed' the line in the pit-lane for his 10 second penalty, in then did another lap at full racing speed so in fact completed 61 of the 60 laps race distance. Perhaps the team/he weren't convinced their taking the penalty on the final lap would be valid.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Apr 07 2018, 02:30

Certainly looks like Spring has come to Shamu! Several old members creeping back in. Is this perhaps a sign of FB losing its luster?
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sat Apr 07 2018, 02:42

Henrik wrote:Certainly looks like Spring has come to Shamu! Several old members creeping back in. Is this perhaps a sign of FB losing its luster?

FB is really a sewer anymore, and the overall quality of discourse in the US is at an all-time low.

Not to derail good-time talk, but everything happening in the US right now reminds me of the Gore Vidal novel "Live From Golgotha" where a hacker is rewriting history in real time... The rampant anti-intellectualism and out-right disregard for facts is really not a cool situation and the platform of FB has only heightened the divides.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Apr 07 2018, 08:42

eso wrote:
Henrik wrote:Certainly looks like Spring has come to Shamu! Several old members creeping back in. Is this perhaps a sign of FB losing its luster?

FB is really a sewer anymore, and the overall quality of discourse in the US is at an all-time low.
eso

You are always welcome here with your "Old" and getting older, friends.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Apr 07 2018, 10:12

By the way, I sent an email to RacerX the other day to see if he is still around on his old email address. No response yet, but I am keeping my hopes up that we can drag some more legendary members back here!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sat Apr 07 2018, 16:32

Would love to hear from deadcat too.
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:17

I used to exchange notes with topcontender, but have fallen out of touch -- we were linked on Playstation network, but never found the time or schedule to race. Would be magical if somehow Wycco re-appeared.
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:22

I think Wycco fell in love with some Nigerian fella who tried to give him some money and they are both living a life of bliss in Carolina.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:23

TC is still in Indianapolis and all about family and racing. He's on FB and we have a little group if Shamuists there.

Wycco went all in on American Football last I heard. It makes me think his time in the South is negatively affecting his sensibilities...
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Apr 07 2018, 19:07

I guess I could do some mass mailing from here as I have the emails that the members signed up with.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sun Apr 08 2018, 02:21

And Henrik, Thanks for keep the lights on and the door open...
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Sun Apr 08 2018, 08:25

eso wrote:And Henrik, Thanks for keep the lights on and the door open...

And the lid up.

jPo
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Apr 08 2018, 10:39

And well done Henrik for keeping the fires lit.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthCoast Sun Apr 08 2018, 20:15

Well, I'll be! The fall of FB has had a positive effect! Being one to read ToU and Privacy statements, I've never done any of the social media sites. But it's good to see you all and I hope all is well with you and yours! Trying to make time to start the race in about an hour or so, it will be semi-interesting, I'm sure. Those freaking cars now all look the driver is wearing flip-flops. :^)

G'day!
NorthCoast
NorthCoast
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:24

Good to see you back NorthCoast! Happy to see that it might actually end up paying off keeping this old place alive all these years...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Mon Apr 09 2018, 19:10

Nice to see so many of the old names around. Thanks Henrik for keeping Takagi spinning and shamu croaking. It was a newsletter in my spam folder that brought me here the other day. Certainly seems more secure than Facebook, unless Henrik Zuckerberg is selling all our personal information.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthCoast Mon Apr 09 2018, 22:30

da silva:

HE'S A FREAKING BANKER!!!!!!

Beyond that, we should be good.
Break a leg!
NorthCoast
NorthCoast
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next