ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen!

4 posters

Go down

Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen! Empty Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen!

Post by gueuzeman Fri Mar 04 2011, 05:45

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=43018

Similar to the event a few years ago when Montoya and Jeff Gordon swapped cars. No date as yet, Sounds likesomething that would be fun to see.

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen! Empty Re: Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen!

Post by Revs Fri Mar 04 2011, 09:57

gueuzeman wrote:http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=43018

Similar to the event a few years ago when Montoya and Jeff Gordon swapped cars. No date as yet, Sounds likesomething that would be fun to see.

he'll wipe the floor with em Smile
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen! Empty Re: Hamilton to drive NASCAR at Watkins Glen!

Post by Gelert Fri Mar 04 2011, 11:22

No offence meant...but a Negro in a NASCAR...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Fri Mar 04 2011, 13:23

Gelert- in New York it's possible, for every one's sake it's good they're not trying it in South Carolina.
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Sat Mar 05 2011, 04:12

Gelert wrote:No offence meant...but a Negro in a NASCAR...?

Willy T Ribbs did it 25 years ago.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sat Mar 05 2011, 17:29

DS-= true, I was thinking about Willy yesterday, I saw him drive a few times at the Glen I think in the SCCA Trans-am series.

From wikipedia- "in 1986, Ribbs became the first Black person to drive a Formula One car, when he tested for the Brabham team at the Autódromo do Estoril, Portugal." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_T._Ribbs

Ribbs seemed to have good potential, but then all drivers do at some point. Getting enough money to get a good ride is another matter altogether.

It's of course all about the money. McLaren has just inked a deal with NASCAR to supply some kind of engine parts.

NASCAR is suffering from fan burnout and shrinking audiences from over-saturation, and with Montoya trying to help bring in more fans from the Latino/hispanic population, the untapped potential from the African-American demographic is ripe for exploitation.

Bringijng in an already established world champion is a way to also bring sponsor money. Perhaps Hamilton is testing the waters for his life after F1.

But what do I know.................................

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sat Mar 05 2011, 20:12

gueuzeman wrote:...the untapped potential from the African-American demographic is ripe for exploitation.

Bringijng in an already established world champion is a way to also bring sponsor money.

But what do I know.................................
Not to mention tapping-up the Chinese demographic... cheers

Gueuze - you know shed-loads...!
Adding the occasional "j" into words endijng in "ing", thus appealijng to our Chinese friends, is a trick that even Bernie hasn't utilised - er, yet...watch this space.

Last edited by Gelert on Sat Mar 05 2011, 20:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re-mappijng Spellchecker...)

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sat Mar 05 2011, 21:47

I always thought adding a loose "j" was kind of a Dutch/Flemish thing.....

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sun Mar 06 2011, 01:52

gueuzeman wrote:I always thought adding a loose "j" was kind of a Dutch/Flemish thing.....

i'm big on J's here too Smile
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down