ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korean GP Thread

+8
Dani
PLAYLIFE
da silva
H8R
Revs
gueuzeman
TopContender
eso
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Korean GP Thread Empty Korean GP Thread

Post by eso Thu Oct 21 2010, 04:57

So, the circuit has been approved and the race will take place. The finish pavement looks nice.

Hopefully all of the storm drain covers around the circuit have been properly secured so we don't see something like the incident with Montoya at the inaugural Chinese GP.

So, what do we expect besides a procession?

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Korean GP Thread Empty Re: Korean GP Thread

Post by TopContender Thu Oct 21 2010, 10:34

The track will fall apart. The place looks like Hell according to reports. The whoever decided to put a track in the middle of nowhere should be shot.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Thu Oct 21 2010, 14:22

If they wanted a track in the middle of nowhere they could have gone back to Watkins Glen. Laughing
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Thu Oct 21 2010, 14:35

i did alot of laps at the glen last week... onto zandvoort this week Smile)
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Thu Oct 21 2010, 15:50

Wow. This is actually going to happen.

I can't wait to see the paddock blow a fuse the first time everyone plugs into the electric.

I might have to watch.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Thu Oct 21 2010, 16:20

New asphalt typically means very low grip. I'll be surprised if it's anything but an RBR weekend, although I'm hoping for a McLaren 1-2 to put them back into the championship. Anything but that result would mean they're pretty much out of it.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Fri Oct 22 2010, 02:13

Tilke has gauranteed that the track will hold up due to some new super bitihin' bitchment developed by Titanic Tarmac Pty.

And what are these "love hotels" I heard mentioned?

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Fri Oct 22 2010, 06:47

It's a city that hasn't been constructed yet (all depending on investments) hence the bland scenery.

Apparently some drivers claiming they haven't driven on a more slippery surface ever before.

Hard to tell where the pace is after FP1, various fuel loads and the circuit still not rubbered in. After Webber's 1'45 half way through I predicted a sub 40 by quali. End of FP1 they were already doing 40.9 so I imagine quali might be in the 37s if not quicker...

FP2 starts soon...
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Fri Oct 22 2010, 07:09

Well apparently they're giving the tickets away there. I have a friend who's an English teacher out there and he's going for free!!

On a side note, it HAS to be Ferrari...I know I'm being predictable, but I have a good feeling about this one. It's still our year!!! :-D
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Fri Oct 22 2010, 13:09

The skysport feed with no dialouge was ok. Track appears to be very boring, especially the middle section.

Any chance of rain?

As to giving tickets away, no surprise I guess. Looking at all the empty seats in the stands last night, I was only reminded that in Montreal for Friday practice it is a sellout.

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sat Oct 23 2010, 18:34

That track is a joke. The high speed areas don't have proper run off, and the runoff areas that are there are either marshy or compacted dirt. Did you see the retention ponds? Why would you put a track in the middle of a swamp. The blind turns almost created a few accidents, and the pit lane entry is flat dangerous.

To me this proves why Tilke is a no good. He talks about FIA standards being the reason why tracks are boring. However, when he gets a piece of land in the BFE he ends up creating a mix of a tight road course, and tight circuit.

Speed reported that the track is becoming bumpy. We might see some problems in the race.

TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sat Oct 23 2010, 19:06

Watched the last free practice, fell asleep during qually. agreed that the track is insipid.

Anybody find it interesting the G20 are meeting in Seoul this weekend? Bernie schmoozing for government money for races?

Is it really a backfilled and compacted swamp? High water table? I think the bible said something about the building on swamps or bad substrates as a bad idea.

Well, I'll try to stay awake for the race.

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sat Oct 23 2010, 20:03

gueuzeman wrote:I think the bible said something about the building on swamps or bad substrates as a bad idea.
Yup - along the lines of "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't invite he who is without sin around for dinner". Er, or something...

It's already started to rain out there...from Autosport twitter-feed: Latest weather reports suggest showers all morning, stopping before the race. Circuit may not dry for ages though. Started spitting tonight just before 10pm in Mokpo, and now quite drizzly. Looks like we are in for a great race tomorrow - fingers crossed!

So:
- New asphalt with bitumen and other oils still on the surface.
- NO support races running to clear / clean the track.
- Tarmac laid on a swamp, and bumps already beginning to appear.
- Rain.
- I reckon that the "dirty" side of the grid will get away at half the speed of the "clean" side.

It's a "must watch", if only for the Amateur Hour moments that this race is going to throw up.

However - I applaud Korea for actually managing to complete some of the project, to a level that allowed them to obtain a licence to race from FOM. Fair Play to them.

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sat Oct 23 2010, 23:50

It could take years for that swamp issue to be fixed. I recall old stories about Washington DC's troubles when they decided to build that city over a swamp.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Oct 23 2010, 23:50

I suppose if it would have been anywhere in Europe, Bernie would have told them to fuck off, and not be allowed to stage a race for the next ten years. Hell the last layer of the track surface was done 10 days ago!

And the whole swamp thing reminds me of Rockingham in the UK. Somebody had the great idea of building an oval on clay soil. Even if it wasn't raining on the inaugural race weekend, the track was wet due to the moisture in the ground seeping through the tarmac.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sun Oct 24 2010, 08:06

Ooh! RAIN!!! This could be very interesting.
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sun Oct 24 2010, 08:47

Or not.

Friggin stupidfest. Whiting and Tilke should be flogged. And Bernie, of course.

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Oct 24 2010, 09:37

These drivers get paid millions, yet Webber is whining like an old woman, if they want to show crap like this, they should get 24 drivers over 70 years old from the nearest supermarket car park, and let them drive, yet another shameful day for f1.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Oct 24 2010, 09:49

Great news, webber is out and has only ruined Rosbergs race, shame for Rosberg, but at least the other drivers can race without fear of being crashed into by webber.

Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Oct 24 2010, 10:43

From the BBC blog
"And, triggered by an automatic sensor, the light has just gone on in Jonathan Legard's commentary box. "I cannot see the braking into Turn One," says Sebastian Vettel over his radio. Take note Charlie Whiting! The German, who should not think about an acting career in Hollywood when he hangs up his steering wheel, wants this to finish now. "The light level is fine," pants Lewis Hamilton. Hilarious".
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Oct 24 2010, 10:44

Sutil needs to be banned for the last two race, as absolute f-in idiot today.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sun Oct 24 2010, 13:07

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha....

Nando should play the villain in the next Batman film, with a laugh like that...!

Yup - Sutil was today's Pinball Wizard. What a klutz!
Force India? Force Into Ya more like...

Just gotta love those shots of Vettel's engine grenading itself all over the track. A good half-dozen red-hot lumps of metal shooting out of the bottom of the car at all angles. Probably dangerous, but bloody spectacular nonetheless.

Definitely worth getting out of bed early for - although I seriously questioned the wisdom of that in the beginning. Agree with DB about Webber's whining - interesting how those with the most to lose didn't want the race to start / wanted it finished early due to bad light. Lewis should get extra points for winning the "most enthusiastic driver of the day" award.

Dani is no doubt going to have a bubbly gusset after today's result. But he won the race fair-n-square. Even if Lewis hadn't have had that "off" at turn one after the last Safety Car, Nando would have got him on the Ferrari's better-managed tyres.
Dunno what was up with McLaren today - they're normally pretty good in those conditions. But Jenson was saying on the BBC F1 Forum that he was running "a different part" to Lewis today, that might have contributed to his awful pace. Love to know what that part was...

Roll on Brazil...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Oct 24 2010, 15:10

It will be interesting to see what Freddy does with his engine. He is out of spares, and will almost definitely have to swap one for a big penalty.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Sun Oct 24 2010, 16:07

Lewis Hamilton is the only driver that would make Ernest Hemingway proud. A shame he had that slight mistake to let teflonso back through.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Sun Oct 24 2010, 18:14

Bubbly gusset indeed! :-D Finally luck seems to have gone our way! I am absolutely ecstatic and very proud of Ferrari! I felt a bit sorry for Vettel who had a great race and deserved a big points haul, but I think that this was overdue for Ferrari! The team have been under intense pressure and there has been so much uncertainty so it feels great to suddenly be leading the championship! This always had to be our year and to win the championship would be a very special moment. This championship would silence all of the haters, sometimes I can barely watch because Ferrari needs this so much! I loved the podium celebration after, there was alot of relief in everyone's eyes.

The next race will be hard and surely we will change that engine rather than risk retirement but Ferrari can do it!!! FORZA FERRARI!!!
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next