ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverstone

2 posters

Go down

Silverstone Empty Silverstone

Post by eso Wed Aug 28 2019, 06:20

Brutal start and finish to this race.

I haven't seen any update on Dovi. He appeared to have no major injury, but I'd like to see something definitive about his health for the next race. That was the worst crash I remember for a few years. Seeing Dovi rolling across the shoulder of the circuit with his bike sliding away in flames was something you don't see often. It was great to see him standing.

Shame Quateraro went into the first corner too hot and ended up ruining both of their days. Fabio had been in a good position.

I cannot say how much I loved seeing Rins pickpocket Marquez at the end. I think his shot around the outside the previous lap had Marquez covering the outside harder. Rins making the early apex, squaring off and then shooting up the inside to get the finish by 1/2 a wheel may well be the best finish of the season.

The Yamahas seen to be getting somewhere again, but what happened to Rossi's race?

ViƱales recovered well from a poor start. His season seems to be improving.

And Zarco? No ride for next season?
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Empty Re: Silverstone

Post by Henrik Wed Aug 28 2019, 21:52

Dovi is a bit battled and bruised, but nothing broken and he should be back for the next race. He is pissed though because that pretty much ruled him out of the championship.

The race between Rins and Marc was just incredible. I am so happy that Rins is maturing as a racer, and this victory was a masterpiece. That Suzuki just turns so much better than any other bike right now, and it seems they have improved the engine too. It was clear that he had the upper hand for some time, but when Marc passed him back at the start of the last lap I first thought Marc would take off. What a finish! Greg and I screamed as he crossed the line in first!!

As for Rossi, I really think he should retire. He's still fast as he has proven several times this year, but he no longer has that little bit extra. Nothing left to prove, and I think he would be better off managing a team.

Zarco seems to have screwed himself out of a MotoGP ride. The last I heard is he might go back to Moto2 next year...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Thu Aug 29 2019, 14:53

Good to hear Dovi is not seriously injured. Seeing him thrown and then rolling out was not cool. It did end his chances for this year, but to me his chances were already pretty slim. Austria was a much needed boost, but Honda/Marquez is just too strong this year overall.

I agree about Rossi. His performance in Qualifying here was great, but he seems to not be finding it on Sundays. He's had an incredible career and is still much loved by fans and he can still out race most of them out there.

Shame about Zarco. What happened? Obviously the KTM wasn't right for him this year, but did he bad-mouth someone to sour his other prospects? This season Quateraro has all the hype Zarco had last year, although to date Fabio has delivered more than Zarco did as a rookie.
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Fri Aug 30 2019, 09:13

I am not sure that that Fabio has delivered more as a rookie than Zarco. Yes, he has been more of a surprise in that after two seasons in Moto3 and two seasons of Moto2 he only won one race. Coming in to MotoGP as fast as he did, and with such a limited track record, he has really surprised me. Zarco arrived after winning back to back Moto2 championships, and had quite a number of race victories.

As a rookie, Zarco got 3 podiums and 2 poles, and so here Fabio is ahead with 3 poles. That said, Zarco ended his first season in 6th, so really I don't think it is fair to say that Fabio has delivered more. It is just that it was not expected that he would be as fast as he has been!

The problem for Zarco is not so much that he has soured any other prospects, but rather that there are hardly any bikes up for grabs in 2020. Most of the riders have 2 year contracts signed last year, and so the only bike available I think is another KTM with Tech 3 and perhaps an Aprilia. There was Miller's Ducati, but he has now confirmed his contract as well. So, Zarco messed up since last year he could have signed a contract for pretty much any team/bike since almost all contracts were being renewed and he was considered a top contender, and he chose KTM.

So it comes down to the wrong decision at the wrong time.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down