ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerez

Go down

Jerez Empty Jerez

Post by Henrik Sun May 05 2019, 18:39

Interesting race today, and I think that the 2019 situation is becoming a bit more clear.

For starters, Fabio Quartararo continues to impress and prove me wrong. I though it was way too soon for him to join MotoGP, and I expected it to actually hurt his career. Well, yesterday he qualified in pole as the youngest rider ever to do so. Then in the race he had a great start, followed his teammate until Morbidelli started slowing, at which point he passed and looked like he was almost able to keep the pace with Marquez. I am quite sure he would have been able to finish on the podium had it not been for his gearbox failing him! Let's see what he can do in France in two weeks!

Rins is really starting to shine. Again I find it amazing to watch how smooth he is, and how incredibly nimble he is through the corners. That Suzuki must have the best chassis of the field, and Rins is making the best use of it! Very well deserved second place, and he is only 1 point off Marquez in the championship.

Marquez again was ahead of the rest, and I think he could have gone faster if he needed to. This is in stark contrast to his teammate, Lorenzo, who really does not seem to be able to get to grips with the Honda. That bike needs to be pushed very hard, and Lorenzo's smooth style really does not work with it. Still no top ten finish after four races must start to get to his head.

Rossi messed up in the qualifying, and really was not able to move up much in the field at the start. As a result, it was only in the second half that he could begin to make up some ground, but he lost further time trying to get past Miller. Once past, he quickly moved in to 6th, and was at least able to ensure some solid points.

Viñales finally got a decent race. I hope that he will be able to continue on this form and that he will also bring his name in to the title mix just to make things more interesting.

Finally Dovi did what he could on a track that really does not suit the Ducati. He still has never finished on the podium here in MotoGP, and today he did come close but just could not make it past Viñales. Still, good result, and he remains in the title race.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down