ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catalunya GP

4 posters

Go down

Catalunya GP Empty Catalunya GP

Post by TopContender Sat Jun 04 2011, 17:25

Well Marco just pissed every Spaniard off by getting pole. This might turn out to be an interesting race.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Catalunya GP Empty Re: Catalunya GP

Post by PLAYLIFE Sat Jun 04 2011, 19:17

Great pole SIC! What a brilliant final sector!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Jun 04 2011, 23:09

Indeed. Mind you, with Pedrosa out injured, there wasn't much Lorenzo could do with the Yamaha currently being obviously well behind the Honda.

Hopefully Sic doesn't do anything stupid tomorrow, and wins the damn race.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Jun 05 2011, 13:48

Just saw the end of the 125, and I thought Zarco did a great pass and should have kept his victory. Because of how Rossi passed Lorenzo in the last corner two years ago, Terol thought Zarco would try the same and so went to close the inside. Since he went wide as a result, I think Zarco was in his right to go through and keep his line. Oh well, pushing a Spaish rider like that in Spain is likely to provide this sort of result...

The Moto2 was fairly interesting, although too many crashes. Luthi's crash was strange, and he was lucky to not hurt himself. Simon was not so lucky, but it could have been a lot worse if he would have taken Sofuoglu's bike on him.

Now go Sic!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Jun 05 2011, 21:39

Uggh, what a boring MotoGP race. Simoncelli messed up the start and then that was it.

Hopefully Silverstone will be better.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Jun 06 2011, 02:55

When Monaco has more passes than a MotoGP then you know you have a problem.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Mon Jun 06 2011, 15:11

125s were good ..I thought Zarco was a bit cheeky in all honesty, I think he may have had Terol anyway but given how close the barrier is there on the exit of 13 it was quite a dangerous shove especially with the wet grass.

Even better was Moto2. Luthi's crash was scary, he was so lucky not to get hurt after the bike went over the top of him and the pair of them not to be hit by the other riders...really heart in the mouth stuff there. And Simon's crash was terrible, thankfully he only fractured his leg as I feared much worse injuries.

Sic disappointed last night, no idea what happened to his pace which he showed in warm-up. Great ride from Spies and Rossi I thought but yes very uneventful.

As TC said, Monaco F1 had more passes than MotoGP. Even F1 at Catalunya this year was an exciting race, strange season!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Thu Jun 09 2011, 03:57

yeah, it was great to see Marco get the pole... but his race is still really difficult to understand...

even if it rained the race wasnt all that close.. when the leader holds pace at 2-3 seconds infront he mayaswell've been a lap ahead...

but i could watch the whole race in close up superslow mo of Stoner poking through those bends... Stoner's gonna have a ball on the 1000 next year.
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Jun 09 2011, 19:55

Yeah Stoner is pretty amazing in how is always pushing so hard. I still remember so well the weekend in Valencia 2009. He was insane all weekend, with the Ducati moving around under him all over the place. I don't think I have ever seen somebody pushing that hard.

Then he crashed on the warm up lap...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down