ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argentina 2018

2 posters

Go down

Argentina 2018 Empty Argentina 2018

Post by Henrik Sun Apr 08 2018, 12:51

Very tricky conditions for the qualifying in Argentina, with a wet track that started drying. Everybody was struggling, and most riders were using rain tires. Marquez tried with a slick, but went back to a rain tire, and then Jack Miller went out with a slick and took pole like this:

It is just insane sometimes what these riders are able to do. Reminds me of another crazy qualifying that Kiyonari on a SBK at Donnington in the rain:

I think for the race though, Marquez will take it home as he has really been dominating so far.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Argentina 2018 Empty Re: Argentina 2018

Post by eso Mon Apr 09 2018, 19:24

WTF was Marquez on? He really should have been DQd for his stall/start line antics, and then his move on Espargo, and then his taking out Rossi. That was some over-the-top fuck-you-all riding.

Good on Crutchlow for the win and well as Zarko and Rins for their places. Shame Petrucci ate his tires up early.

It was a good watch, but Marquez got off pretty easy for a string of shameless acts.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 09 2018, 20:19

What a race, and I mean that from so many different perspectives!

First of all, as mentioned earlier, we had a novel grid with Jack Miller having pulled off an amazing qualifying lap with slicks on a still pretty wet track. As it turns out, the race was to be a continuation of this.

Lining up on the grid, again Jack made the astute choice of going with slicks, as all the others had rain tires on. So, we end up with an insane scenario where the entire grid except Jack go back in to the pits after the sighting lap to put on slicks. Normally when a rider does this, they have to then start from the pit lane. What should have happened therefore is that they should have all had to start from the pits, giving a huge advantage to Jack, and thus him seeing his gamble really pay off. Well, this didn’t happen. Instead the race direction made this strange decision to delay the race and have all the grid line up 50 meters behind Jack! WTF!! Even though he had a head-start of 50 meters, this was still nothing compared to the advantage he should normally have had, and he can rightly feel unhappy with the decision. I guess that is what happens when you are alone in a small private team up against the rest of the field and all the factory teams.

Then, at the start, things just didn’t get any better. Marquez was about to start a pitiful show on track by first stalling his bike, push starting it, then riding backwards on track to take up his normally starting position. Totally crazy, and against all rules. One could perhaps forgive a total rookie for something like this, but not a multiple world champion. What he should have done is go the side and then start from the pit lane after the grid had all taken off.

So, with the race finally underway, it didn’t take too long for Marquez to fight his way up to the front in a pretty aggressive manner, and then he was given a ride-through penalty for his starting grid shenanigans. I suppose this was too lenient a penalty for what he had done, but so be it. Then after having done his ride-through, he went back out even more aggressive than before to try and make up time. In so doing he first hit Espargaro, and was given a penalty to give up a position on track. Finally he then rammed Rossi off the track who went on to fall and thus losing all chance of a good position, and was given a thirty second penalty after the race. So three penalties for three severe infractions! This has to be the most pitiful ride I have ever seen of somebody who is a brilliant rider and multiple champion in all categories. He just totally lost it. Oh, and the irony had him finish 18th just ahead of Rossi after the added time penalty.

The actual race for the front was outstanding though, and the tricky conditions just made it a joy to watch. The fight between Miller, Rins, Zarco and Crutchlow was intense with some absolutely wonderful images. Three out of the four had never won a MotoGP race before, but in the end it was Crutchlow who managed to get the win just ahead of Zarco. Three private bikes and a factory Suzuki fighting for the victory! Great stuff, and now we have an all new championship leader.

Zarco was again great, although I have to point out his pass on Pedrosa which was a bit too optimistic and ended up sending Pedrosa flying. In spite of the unfortunate crash of Dani, this was much more of a normal race incident than what Marquez did a bit later.

So, great race for the win, but they really need to do something about Marquez! Oh, and as what was to be expected in tricky conditions, Lorenzo was nowhere throughout the race, although he did manage to get the point for 15th. So, I suppose he did manage to finish ahead of both Rossi and Marquez.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down