ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown

+2
eso
PLAYLIFE
6 posters

Go down

Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown Empty Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Nov 21 2012, 13:35

Alonso's only hope is inclement weather, Interlagos has been a Red Bull strong hold for some years.

Here's the forecast:
Friday 33°C - clear and sunny
Saturday 32°C - mostly cloudy
Sunday 20°C - rain

That'll screw with them won't it! Not only is there rain forecast, but even if it's not raining during the race, the huge temperature difference will cause chaos given the tyres are so sensitive to temperature. All it takes is to be outside the temp window and your tyres will 'switch off'.

I hope the forecast is accurate, it'll be the perfect ending to a crazy season!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown Empty Re: Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown

Post by eso Fri Nov 23 2012, 19:19

As much as I haven't cared for Alonso in the past, he really has put that car way further up the standings than it belongs all season so I do think he's deserving of a WDC for the effort.

Looking at the P1 & P2 times I'd say Playlife is correct that weather is his only chance, so bring on the rain.

Of course I'll keep beating my Kimi/Lotus drum as I've been really impressed with his sustained effort all season. I think his return to F1 and performance this year shows a very mature driver working the season as much as a race, possibly more so. Besides, he's such an anti hero and I like seeing the guy that doesn't fit the corporate mold but is so good they can't ignore him.

Let's see a good race to end the season.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown Empty Re: Brazilian Grand Prix - 2012 Showdown

Post by Gelert Fri Nov 23 2012, 19:44

I'm actually going to root for a Michael victory...
...and with the rain, it might be more realistic than just a pipe-dream.

IMHO, it would be a fitting end to his career, however you view it.
And at the time, I viewed it with a large amount of disdain.

Whatever - I'm happy for Nando to finish second and Herr Digit to bin it all by himself.

In other news - and if Lewis is leading, with Nando close behind and needing the win to get the WDC, do you think that Lewis will pull over for him...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Sat Nov 24 2012, 02:10

No chances will Lewis give up a win, especially if he's expecting a 'win drought' with Merc as he's been going on about.

Surprisingly the Ferrari looks more competitive here, their long run pace was quite good compared to both RBRs. Their issue is still qualifying, and although their recent races they couldn't hook up a lap they seem a bit closer this time. Alonso was predicted a qualifying possie in the back end of the top 10 but off FP2 they look good for as high as the 2nd row.

I think Lewis is going to be the pivotal role in Alonso's WDC hopes, even if Ferrari happen to outfox RBR (somehow), Lewis is going to prove hard to beat.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Nov 24 2012, 04:50

No time for Alonso, he is obviously a very good driver, but is an asshole as a person.

Hope M$ retires on lap 20, he has done nothing since he came back, apart from keeping a younger driver out of F1.

Hope Lewis wins the race and Vettle wins the WDC.

Been a good season though, and enjoyed it.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Sun Nov 25 2012, 09:44

Well that was disappointing, Ferrari's Friday long-run pace seemed good but the unexpected plummeting temperatures on Saturday seemed to set them back.

What's been a concern for Alonso is that in the last part of the championship Massa seems to have the edge on him, out-qualifying him twice in a row now.

If it stays dry I think RBR are still in the hunt for a win despite the Macca duo looking strong in quali. New alternator spec, can't be worse than the previous one surely.

Alonso's biggest issue apart from the fact that RBR are on the 2nd row is that there are other teams are quick too (Lotus, Williams, Force India). He was lucky that Grosjean didn't get into the top 10 and that Maldonado drove past the weigh bridge, 2 more out of the way.

Force India have always been strong here, expecting the Hulk to have a good one.

Alonso really needs it to rain now (apparently 60% chance latest update).
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Nov 26 2012, 01:44

I swear Vettel has M$'s luck. Two races straight he goes to the back of the grid to only comeback big and score points. I don't know if there is term for German luck, but they seem to have it. Now this kids is going to break M$'s championship record before he is 30
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Mon Nov 26 2012, 03:45

Exciting race, anyone notice how happy MS was after the race, never seen him smile and laugh so much.

I think the absence of drivers around Alonso after the race, speaks volumes for how the drivers feel about him.

Very bad luck for Lewis, deserved better luck than that after his weekends driving.

Well done Button for winning the race (not that we ever saw you) well done Vettle for winning the WDC.

Bad marks for the Brasilian producer, missed so much on track incident, he should stick to filming Brasilian girls and their love of Dogs and Horses.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Mon Nov 26 2012, 17:45

What to say? Onwards and upwards. It was an entertaining race at least.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Sun Dec 02 2012, 02:37

Button deserved the win. Although Lewis was unlucky to retire from the incident, he was 60 seconds behind Button and Hulkenberg when the SC neutralised the race.

Button showed again he can be untouchable in adverse conditions.

As a whole, the race was more dramatic than most I can remember, including Interlagos 2008. Battles throughout the field for all sorts of WDC and WCC positions, was nuts.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sun Dec 02 2012, 03:34

Kimi's pass on MS through turns 1 and 2 was some seriously good driving from both of them, partly interlacing their wheels through turn 1 and both having just enough room to avoid disaster.

There were a lot of good battles throughout.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down