ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP Abu Dhabi?

5 posters

Go down

GP Abu Dhabi? Empty GP Abu Dhabi?

Post by eso Sat Nov 03 2012, 15:37

Didn't watch quals, but it looks like Ham really pulled one out.

Seems like a pretty boring circuit, but with the time change here in my favor I might actually get up at 6:00 and watch it.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

GP Abu Dhabi? Empty Re: GP Abu Dhabi?

Post by Gelert Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:13

Vettel's been sent to the back of the grid...!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104001
Sebastian Vettel will have to start the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from the back of the grid after failing to have enough fuel in his car to provide the mandatory sample to the FIA after qualifying.

The German had stopped at the end of his in-lap after qualifying third, having been ordered over the radio to bring his car to a halt immediately.

F1's regulations state that drivers must return to the pits under their own power so a one-litre fuel sample can be taken from the car for analysis.

Article 6.6.2 of the Technical Regulations states: "Competitors must ensure that a one litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the Event.

"Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards of the meeting), if a sample of fuel is required after a practice session the car concerned must have first been driven back to the pits under its own power."

Red Bull representatives were summoned to provide an explanation for why Vettel did not return to the pits, and the stewards duly accepted the reasons provided by the team.

However, following a further check of the car by the FIA in parc ferme, it was found that Vettel's car did not have enough fuel to provide the one-litre sample.

A statement issued by the FIA said: "The stewards heard from the driver and team representatives and studied telemetry evidence that showed the reason why the car was stopped.

"The Stewards accepted the explanation and considered the incident as being a case of force majeure.

"However a report was received from the Technical Delegate that showed during post-qualifying scrutineering an insufficient quantity of fuel for sampling purposes."

The breach of regulations left the stewards with no choice but to exclude Vettel from qualifying.

However, the stewards have allowed Vettel to start the race from the back of the grid.

Vettel's penalty comes at a key point in the world championship battle, with the German holding a 13-point advantage over Fernando Alonso.

His relegation to the back provides Alonso's with a great chance to close down the gap. The Spaniard will now start sixth.

At the Spanish Grand Prix earlier this year, Abu Dhabi pole position man Lewis Hamilton was stripped of his pole position and thrown to the back of the grid after he was told to stop on the in-lap to ensure that he had enough fuel on board for the sample.

This will make the WDC a whole lot tighter - although it's buggered-up my 3rd position in the F1Manager League...unless the Kimster wins of course... Cool

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:55

Glad I got up to watch this one, but WTF happened in the middle? I was taking care of a couple of things for the boys and I come back to see Kimi Leading and Vettel in 2nd...

In spite of the Ham's retirement, Kimi really is quite the driver still.

In the poduim interview with David Coulthard "giving me sh*t because I don't smile enough..." He so does not give a f*ck about the media. You've got to love him for that.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sun Nov 04 2012, 18:09

eso wrote:In the podium interview with David Coulthard "giving me sh*t because I don't smile enough..." He so does not give a f*ck about the media. You've got to love him for that.
eso
And Vettel countered with "we could have really fucked this up, but it was bloody good".

LOL - good old Kimi... YAY!

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sun Nov 04 2012, 18:19

And then the various announcers apologizing for the off-color language for the remainder of the broadcast.

I really like kimi and admire that all he wants to do there is drive. He takes that completely seriously and he loves it. Everything else about pro racing, not so much it seems. But he is so good that they can't shuffle him out the door. It seems Lotus is being good about his dislike of the promo side. Hopefully they'll make more progress with the car for next year and we could get a good 3-4-5 way battle all season.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:56

i've been waiting for lotus to win all season... now that's 7 different winners of races this season, a record in my lifetime i think!

kimi's radio responses were magic!

MW was being an agro guy on the track today. 3 incidents that didnt pay off for him at all.

sadly, only 2 races left of the best season i've ever seen in F1
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Tue Nov 06 2012, 04:13

Did the Speed crew apologize for Kimi? I thought I only heard them laughing at Kimi's comments.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Tue Nov 06 2012, 04:36

TopContender wrote:Did the Speed crew apologize for Kimi? I thought I only heard them laughing at Kimi's comments.

Have no idea. I haven't seen SPEED in years now. I was watching Sky Sports.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Tue Nov 06 2012, 19:54

TopContender wrote:Did the Speed crew apologize for Kimi? I thought I only heard them laughing at Kimi's comments.
Unfortunately, TC, they weren't laughing at Kimi's comments....they were laughing at the rest of us - changing our teams, and still not being able to keep-up with you. bounce

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Nov 21 2012, 13:06

Decent race, rubbish track, and appalling driving through the field.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down