ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSBK Magny Cours

2 posters

Go down

WSBK Magny Cours Empty WSBK Magny Cours

Post by Henrik Sun Oct 07 2012, 16:35

So, the title came down to the last two races at Magny Cours! Mathematically Biaggi, Sykes and Melandri could win it, but Biaggi nevertheless had a huge margin, all the more thanks to the mechanical problem Sykes suffered at Misano in race two.

Sykes kicked things off by doing what he had to in the qualifying, whereas Max totally blew it! So, at the start of race one, Sykes certainly stood with a good chance of extending the suspense to the very last race. Then Max crashed out, making things even more open! Unfortunately Sykes didn't have the tyres to make it all the way and finished third.

So, race two would be the one. Sykes again took off, and stayed out front all the way to the end. He was never threatened and really did all he could. So, it was further back that things would be decided. First Melandri crashed out, ensuring he would not win the title. Biaggi on the other hand was struggling, and had a close call at one point. Still, he kept at it, and eventually managed to get in 5th, meaning he was leading the championship with 1/2 a point! The pressure must have been huge, but he kept the position until the end, winning his second WSBK title.

Well done Max! At 41, he is still an amazing rider. I still feel that Sykes deserved it more, but the Kawasaki just was not reliable enough this season to take him all the way. They have had their tyre issues, and then a number of other mechanical problems, but Sykes has really done all he can. No doubt he will be a favourite for next year's title!

Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

WSBK Magny Cours Empty Re: WSBK Magny Cours

Post by H8R Mon Oct 08 2012, 04:03

Good on Sykes.

Race #1 was awesome to watch.

I can't believe the season is already over. Bummed.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Oct 08 2012, 06:39

H8R wrote:

I can't believe the season is already over. Bummed.

Me too! At least there are a few more MotoGP races still to go.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down