ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$

5 posters

Go down

Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$ Empty Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$

Post by glendo Fri Sep 28 2012, 15:02

McLaren had a masterplan with this;

Lewis wasnt committing, so they created a Plan B. Ferrari no longer can control him now. Thank you SP for showing us what a sauber can do.

bye bye M$, please dont come back again.

LH, let's see how you go at the works team. i hope you find a groove.

So who gets the Sauber seat? HK? PDiR? or another rookie with $$$
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$ Empty Re: Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$

Post by H8R Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:33

Interesting. I'm starting to look forward to next season.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$ Empty Re: Didnt see that one coming: Perez to Mac, LH to Merc, and bye bye M$

Post by Gelert Fri Sep 28 2012, 17:33

glendo wrote:McLaren had a masterplan with this;

Lewis wasnt committing, so they created a Plan B. Ferrari no longer can control him now. Thank you SP for showing us what a sauber can do.
Actually - it's The Dark Side who have the cunning plan...
Using a photocopier once visited by Mike Coughlan, and by installing in it data recently retrieved from the Twittershere, they will have total control of Checobot v1.1 and thus achieve World Domination...
MWAHHhhhhhaaaaaaaa...

Suspect

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Fri Sep 28 2012, 19:00

Great for F1.
Great for Lewis.
Great for Merc.
Great for Perez.
Great for Bernie.
Bad for McLaren, unless Perez does turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo Sat Sep 29 2012, 00:51

da silva wrote:Great for F1.
Great for Lewis.
Great for Merc.
Great for Perez.
Great for Bernie.
Bad for McLaren, unless Perez does turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

you are right there. a multi-year contrat can be broken these days if you suck. i dont think he will have a problem, but who knows until next year. i think Lewis is going backwards somewhat, leaving a A+ car for a B car... but i've read that it's a lot to do with trophies, money etc. McLaren dont let them keep the trophies.
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sat Sep 29 2012, 04:01

I just read this @ f1 dot com... Quite the surprise, but good for ham. I might even gain a little respect for the whinging twat if he makes a good go of it. Good for him.

So Perez partnering with Button? OK... That could be interesting.

This could make for a good start to next season.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Sat Sep 29 2012, 19:00

glendo wrote:
da silva wrote:Great for F1.
Great for Lewis.
Great for Merc.
Great for Perez.
Great for Bernie.

you are right there. a multi-year contrat can be broken these days if you suck. i dont think he will have a problem, but who knows until next year. i think Lewis is going backwards somewhat, leaving a A+ car for a B car... but i've read that it's a lot to do with trophies, money etc. McLaren dont let them keep the trophies.

Apparantly its not about money as Macca offered a lot.
Without Lewis at Macca this year the 2012 car wouldn't have looked A+ in Button's unbalanced hands. If you compare Button to Nico then the results are not to dissimilar, who knows what the Merc could do with the best pilot. I guess we'll know next year. Twisted Evil
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Sat Sep 29 2012, 19:07

da silva wrote:... who knows what the Merc could do with the best pilot. I guess we'll know next year. Twisted Evil

No, Alonso is not driving the Merc, Hamilton is. While they're both twats, I'd have to give Freddy the nod as better since he's managed to lead the WDC in Ferrari's 2012 turd...

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Sat Sep 29 2012, 19:51

True he hasn't had to deal with McLaren's crappy pitstops, strategy and reliability.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:14

How is McLaren's cartoon "Tooned" ever going to recover...? clown

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo Mon Oct 01 2012, 04:57

i have thought about this, and what LH isnt that bad of a move at all. Merc want to only supply their works team when the new engine changes come out in 2014, so Mclaren may just likely be looking for a new engine supplier shortly. i remember what happened when they lost honda.

so in this case, going with Merc could have been a good step.
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Mon Oct 01 2012, 19:56

glendo wrote:i have thought about this, and what LH isnt that bad of a move at all. Merc want to only supply their works team when the new engine changes come out in 2014, so Mclaren may just likely be looking for a new engine supplier shortly. i remember what happened when they lost honda.

so in this case, going with Merc could have been a good step.
Yup - thought about that.
Dunno when the Merc/Mac love-in was/is due to end.
But when Merc first supplied Mac with lumps, it was terrible...! Constantly brewing-up...

The new smaller 2014 Turbo-charged lump has plenty of speculation surrounding it.
But until the Fat Lady Sings, we're not going to know how reliable ANYBODY'S donk is going to be.

However - I'll concede - it was very probably a factor in his decision...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down