ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP France

2 posters

Go down

MotoGP France Empty MotoGP France

Post by Henrik Thu May 24 2012, 21:02

I was a bit late in watching the races as we were away on a long weekend trip to Scotland (yeah, I'll post about that elsewhere...), but it was worth the wait!

Wet bike races can be a bit tricky, but here it was fabulous. First the Moto2 (I still need to watch the Moto3 which apparantly was incredible), took off in some really wet conditions. Luckily there was no carnage in the first corner, and throughout the race a lot of guys showed they could ride in the wet. But the best of the day was Luthi who just was above the rest. He got even luckier also as Marquez crashed, and so the championship is all open again. I was bummed Rea got knocked out by Zarco, because he looked great in the wet, but that's racing.

In the MotoGP Lorenzo was just incredible. It looked like he was on another planet, and rode home to a perfect victory. But the big news obviously was the fact that Rossi was up there and had an amazing fight with Stoner for second, and managed to take it home! We'll have to see if Ducati has also improved in the dry as well in the next race though...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP France Empty Re: MotoGP France

Post by Henrik Sat May 26 2012, 10:07

Finally watched also the Moto3 race, and it was okay. I don't really enjoy the wet bike races when all the leaders keep crashing out, one after the other. Louis Rossi must be extatic though to win his first race at home, and well done!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Mon May 28 2012, 07:21

Moto3 was incredible...in the sense that it was totally unpredictable. I couldn't believe how many mistakes were made especially by guys who have a fair bit of experience, kinda seemed like a lottery.

MotoGP was a great race I thought, well watching Rossi anyway! Lorenzo as Henrik said was on another level. The start was scary with Randy and Spies. As was the de Angelis incident in Moto2...ugh.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon May 28 2012, 10:59

Did you see the rider in Moto3 (I forget who, but it was a Repsol bike) who locked up the front, had the wheel turned to the right and slid with the front for a few meters and then managed to recover it?

Indeed there were some scary moments, and de Angelis could have gone so bad! He must have been shitting himself as he slid there not being able to do anything!

Even if Randy's accident was scary, it did make me laugh that he actually managed to crash before going over the start line. Must be a new record for even for him!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue May 29 2012, 02:55

Henrik wrote:Did you see the rider in Moto3 (I forget who, but it was a Repsol bike) who locked up the front, had the wheel turned to the right and slid with the front for a few meters and then managed to recover it?

Indeed there were some scary moments, and de Angelis could have gone so bad! He must have been shitting himself as he slid there not being able to do anything!

Even if Randy's accident was scary, it did make me laugh that he actually managed to crash before going over the start line. Must be a new record for even for him!

Yeh it was ViƱales coming out of the chicane who lost it then somehow recovered it, amazing save. Great camera work too, it all felt a little bit slow motion as you see the tyre grip fade then come back when he picked it up.

I don't mind Randy but jeeze how many falls does he have?! Must average at least 1.5 a weekend surely..lol
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down