ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here?

3 posters

Go down

Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here? Empty Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here?

Post by eso Wed Mar 21 2012, 15:41

Bernie's out to extract more cash again. The last two years they've had an app for live timing that was a free download and had the same live timing feed that you can get at F1.com. It worked out pretty well when I'm streaming video on my computer and using the phone for the live timing.

So this year they still got a free app, but you have to purchase the events, i.e: the platform is free but the content is going to cost you $30... This is irritating and I'm cheap when it comes to apps. From the looks of it the graphics are really nice, but I'm not the seething fan that follows every bit of the season.

Anyone have and use the full app?

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here? Empty Re: Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here?

Post by Henrik Wed Mar 21 2012, 19:12

I'm like you, cheap when it comes to apps. Don't think I would go for it if I was watching F1. But, I have to check it out if they have something similar for MotoGP.

$30 for an app seems extremely expensive!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here? Empty Re: Any F1™ 2012 Timing app users here?

Post by eso Thu Mar 22 2012, 01:25

Yeah Henrik, the free app has a one star rating and nearly 100 comments now from users complaining about being asked to pay for what had been free and the silly price.

I wonder how this is working out for FOM?

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Fri Mar 23 2012, 05:08

I too have the same view on apps. However, I have managed to acquire the full version without the cost Twisted Evil

It's great, but I wouldn't pay $30 for it that's for sure. I have a laptop as well so if given the choice I'd opt for the desktop timing if I didn't have access to the full version on my tablet. Apart from the GPS, it's the same.

The GPS is cool though I must admit. Since I was at the track, the live timing on the tablet was great. Massa, Senna and Ricciardo whizzed past me line astern. I couldn't see the exit of turn 1 so turned to my GPS on my tablet and zoomed in on the battle.

Strangely, the 3 blips of MAS, SEN and RIC joined together for 2 corners, then RIC went flying past but MAS & SEN were stuck together. I figured the GPS system wasn't working or there was a big lag. Figured it wasn't working so looked back at the Superscreen and there you have it, MAS and SEN literally stuck together. Despite being a Ferrari fan, I laughed my backside off!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Fri Mar 23 2012, 05:21

I was handed a free copy of it too, but I'm having issues loading it. Could you pm me playlife?

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down