ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK Henrik...since you started it...

3 posters

Go down

OK Henrik...since you started it... Empty OK Henrik...since you started it...

Post by H8R Sat Aug 22 2009, 19:01

With the Roehr 1250...

Here is a bike I'd like.... RZ500!!!

http://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/1336308849.html
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

OK Henrik...since you started it... Empty Re: OK Henrik...since you started it...

Post by Henrik Sat Aug 22 2009, 22:03

LOL! I started it.... like that has anything to do with that Roehr thing.

Mind you, I have never been big on 2 strokes. I know, the whole 500cc stuff, and those wild and dangerous beasts, but for me I would rather go with a 4 stroke.

I did ride a RDLC 250 once, and liked it, but still. It's like when I was racing karts. I raced a few years with 125 2 strokes, but I always had a problem with the corners because there was no power down low. Then I got a 250 4 stroke, and I was finally able to power slide through corners the way I like it. Might not be faster, but I enjoyed it a lot more.

Still, there is something special with a bike like that.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

OK Henrik...since you started it... Empty Re: OK Henrik...since you started it...

Post by H8R Sat Aug 22 2009, 22:43

I think a RZ500 here in the states would be a perfect bike to ride to the coffee shop...most dumbass Americans wouldn't know what it is...and the ones who do know would be worth chatting with!

I'd end up doing trackdays on it and probably crashing the shit out of it. Very Happy
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Aug 22 2009, 23:32

Certainly a conversation piece! The thing I find though is how much old sports bikes have actually aged. Hell, you take any 600 today and the chassis they have could probably run circles around GP bikes from the 80's.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sat Aug 22 2009, 23:50

Henrik wrote:Certainly a conversation piece! The thing I find though is how much old sports bikes have actually aged. Hell, you take any 600 today and the chassis they have could probably run circles around GP bikes from the 80's.

Our race Org. has been talking about it. A 2005 600cc is light years behind anything 2006 or newer. 2004 1000cc bikes are just as old and decrepit...

They are trying to make a "Super Vintage class" for slighty older bikes for the guys he can't afford new ones.

I hope it works out...It would be nice to see some of those bike at the track again.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Aug 23 2009, 00:10

The thing is, sportsbikes are getting so "easy" to ride. Like try an origonal Fireblade 900 and then ride the 2009 Fireblade. The 2009 is comfortable, smooth, easy and just so damn fast!

But I do like a bit older and stiff bikes. I love a Ducati 900SS for example, and I loved my ST. You need to force them in to a corner, but once there they will not move. I find it challenging, and really enjoy it.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sun Aug 23 2009, 00:20

I couldn't agree more.

Also the advent of TC, wheelie control, launch control, quick shifters, and other electronic aids are taking the skill out of it.

For example on my race bike...203hp...full electronic aids...I can focus on my line and braking...nothing else. Get to the apex and more or less wack the throttle open. Come into a turn crack it off and allow the engine braking electronics and slipper clutch to keep the rear wheel from trying to kill you.

At first I LOVED it...I could just push as hard as I could. Now I hate them. Racing before was all about finesse...it was a dance with the fucking devil at 180MPH with your hair on fire and Umbrella chicks pulling their titties out... now it's try not to make a mistake because you can't make the time back up....before everyone would have a bad lap...or turn...you felt like you were doing something....now it's just circulate until its over.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Aug 23 2009, 18:06

I figured you boys would like one of these!

MTT Y2K

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/05/09/mtt-y2k-turbine-motorcycle-for-sale/

This is a video similar to the Bugatti vs Euro-fighter race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8PX4pn382I
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Aug 23 2009, 19:09

Ahhh, speaking only for myself, I have to say that is the sort of motorcycle I don't really like. You see, for me it is all about going fast around a corner, not in a straight line. The Y2K is an amazing machine, but it doesn't corner.

But it is good to see you participating in the 2 wheel chat!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sun Aug 23 2009, 19:25

Henrik...I'd race that thing...I'd just be praying for really, really, really long straights!

Nice find TC...I haven't seen that thing in years!
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum