ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on with Austin?

+4
Gelert
Danny Boy
glendo
H8R
8 posters

Go down

What's going on with Austin? Empty What's going on with Austin?

Post by H8R Wed Nov 16 2011, 05:02

I heard Bernie was talking shit. The track owners say F1 hasn't sent the contract, and they say they have financing in place etc...

I'm so out of the loop on this. Can someone get me up to speed, ohhh and maybe post a nice shot of boobies so I have something to look at.

Very Happy
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

What's going on with Austin? Empty Re: What's going on with Austin?

Post by glendo Wed Nov 16 2011, 07:18

it's come to halt, based on money not being paid in advance to F1. word is on the street too that bahrain and korea are up in the air at the moment, and hockenheim may give up their races.

too much rapid expansion. bernie should hurry up and die to save F1.

from aussie news site:

ninemsn.com.au
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Nov 16 2011, 11:25

Bahrain wont go ahead because of the continuing violence between the uninvited Saudi invaders and the local people.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Wed Nov 16 2011, 22:54

H8R wrote:...ohhh and maybe post a nice shot of boobies so I have something to look at.
What's going on with Austin? Police5

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed Nov 16 2011, 22:57

Gelert wrote:
H8R wrote:...ohhh and maybe post a nice shot of boobies so I have something to look at.
What's going on with Austin? Police5

I was thinking more like this...

What's going on with Austin? Ana
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Thu Nov 17 2011, 00:35

Ecclestone:

"We've done everything we bloody well can to make this race happen."

When asked whether the race was in danger of being dropped, he replied: "Yes, it will be for sure, 100 per cent."

Ecclestone said that his origonal contract, with Tavo Hellmund's Full Throttle Productions company - who owned the rights to host the race - had been cancelled recently.

He said he had instead started negotiations with the track developers, the Circuit of The Americas, who halted construction work on Tuesday after claiming contract talks had not progressed as previously agreed.

Ecclestone says he is yet to receive a guarantee of payment from COTA, and has given them three weeks to resolve the situation or risk having the race dropped from the 2012 Formula 1 calendar when the World Motor Sport Council meets in New Delhi on December 7.

"We had an agreement with Full Throttle Productions," Ecclestone explained. "Everything was signed and sealed, but we kept putting things off like the dates, various letters of credit and things that should have been sent, but nothing ever happened.

"Then these other people [COTA] came on the scene, saying that they wanted to do things, but that they had problems with Tavo [Hellmund]. They said they had the circuit, and that they wanted an agreement with me.

"I told them they had to sort out the contract with Tavo, which they said they would. But that has gone away now because we've cancelled Tavo's contract as he was in breach.

"We've waited six months for him to remedy the breach. He knows full well why we've cancelled. He's happy. But these other people haven't got a contract. All we've asked them to do is get us a letter of credit.

"We are looking for security for money they are going to have to pay us. That is via a letter of credit, normally from a bank. If people don't have the money they find it difficult to get the letter of credit, and so we don't issue a contract."

The dispute means F1's current four-year absence from the US, a key market, could be further prolonged, although a deal to race in New Jersey from 2013 was recently agreed.

Sounds like a lot of dicking around. You either have the money for the race or you don't. They clearly don't have their shit in a pile.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Thu Nov 17 2011, 01:24

PLAYLIFE wrote: They clearly don't have their shit in a pile.

Ok. cool. Thanks!
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Thu Nov 17 2011, 02:44

Quite clearly Bernie is dealing with

What's going on with Austin? File
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Fri Nov 18 2011, 00:43

So Bernie gave a race to someone without making a credit check. I am calling him tomorrow and saying that the GP of the Grand Ole Opry will take its place! I wonder if he will bite.

On a more serious note. It sounds like what I claimed all along. Bernie had no intentions of having the race, he just wanted the deposit money.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Fri Nov 18 2011, 18:34

TopContender wrote:On a more serious note. It sounds like what I claimed all along. Bernie had no intentions of having the race, he just wanted the deposit money.
Whatever - we got Bobbies Boobies - so everyone's a whiner winner.

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Fri Nov 18 2011, 23:32

Gelert wrote:
TopContender wrote:On a more serious note. It sounds like what I claimed all along. Bernie had no intentions of having the race, he just wanted the deposit money.
Whatever - we got Bobbies Boobies - so everyone's a whiner winner.

You sold out to soon. All you got were boobies in bikini top. Twisted Evil
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon Nov 21 2011, 09:07

boobies are better than too many lawyers...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Thu Dec 01 2011, 00:31

How am I supposed to not lose my train of thought with those pictures? Or is that the point??

Latest from autosport on the Austin situation:

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has given Austin organisers another week to try and save the 2012 United States Grand Prix.

"The deadline hasn't been met, so we are still trying to make it happen," Ecclestone told The Associated Press on Wednesday, when the origonal deadline expired.

"They need to get some money and a pen as soon as possible. They know full well.

"Deadlines are terrible things because people always go to the end of the deadline. But if it isn't all signed before the World Motor Sport Council meeting, it can't happen."

The inaugural Austin race, scheduled for the end of 2012, has been in doubt for weeks, with organisers eager to delay its debut for a year.

While Austin officials have said they are ready to pay the sanctioning fee, a dispute over the financing is yet to be sorted.

Ecclestone said it would be a shame to lose the event.

"They are struggling to get the financial side sorted out - that's the problem," Ecclestone said. "They are trying to do it. It would be a loss to everyone (if it didn't happen).

"They would like the race to take place. I'd rather see the race happen than not."
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Thu Dec 01 2011, 06:04

What's going on with Austin? Christina+Hendricks+Breast
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Thu Dec 01 2011, 20:03

Nothing that a hair-brush wouldn't fix....

A'hem...after the USF1 Team FUBAR, if Austin falls-over it won't look good for the US.

Unless of course, you happen to like Toasters...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down