ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supersic 58

+5
H8R
gueuzeman
greg99
Henrik
PLAYLIFE
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Supersic 58 - Page 2 Empty Re: Supersic 58

Post by TopContender Wed Oct 26 2011, 13:15

H8R wrote:
TopContender wrote:So let me get this right, the 800cc bikes suck because the engine is so small only a midget can win on them? Why does TC help the case?

So when we go to 1000cc next year all will be even?

800cc bikes don't have the torque, so they have to be ridden like a 250cc bike. It means there is only one real "fast" line, you can't square off a corner and late brake to make a pass. On a 800cc bike when you make passes you lose out on your lap time, and then can't make it up. 800cc bikes have a very narrow "powerband" which compounds the problem...and absolutely has to have TC since it's all about corner speed...you have to grab a whole handful of throttle and trust that the TC will do it's job.

The 1000cc bikes will have more than enough torque and HP, too much actually, and that will mean the midgets won't have an advantage like on 800's.

The average weight of a MotoGP rider is almost 63 kilos. Dani weighs 51 kilos....Colin and Vale weigh roughly 67 kilos and Ben and Sic both were over 71kilos. Most everyone knows the formula "7lbs per hp", Well Ben and Sic weigh around 157lbs, and Dani weighs closer to 112lbs. Thats 45lbs, or 7hp. Since Dani weighs less, his bike doesn't go lean for as long and few other things.

I hope that helps.

Ok now that explains a ton. This reminds me of how Danica Patrick was getting an advantage. Here in Indy we call it "Danica gas". Indy car wised up and put in car and driver weight rules. MotoGP however is two fold due to the formula sucking, and lack of weight rules.

My next question is, will Spies do better next year because he is on a bigger bike, and came from WSBK where the bikes I assume we're bigger? Sorry to hijack a thread, but as much as I like bike racing, I know know very little about bikes.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Supersic 58 - Page 2 Empty Re: Supersic 58

Post by H8R Wed Oct 26 2011, 15:59

TopContender wrote:

My next question is, will Spies do better next year because he is on a bigger bike, and came from WSBK where the bikes I assume we're bigger? Sorry to hijack a thread, but as much as I like bike racing, I know know very little about bikes.

Ben has had a good year. He actually said he thought 5th overall and getting a win would make 2011 a success...and Yamaha agreed with him. Many of Ben's fans had unrealistic goals, and this makes the season look less than impressive. Remember that Ben is the only guy besides Jorge, Casey, Vale, and Dani to win a dry race on a 800cc bike since they switched to that displacement. That says a lot.

2012 and the increased displacement looks good for Ben because of his size, and the riding style you need for a liter bike. The only problem is the four guys who won all the 800cc races are fast as hell. Jorge is the only guy without 1000cc experience since he didn't enter Motogp until 2008, but Dani, Casey, and Vale can make those bikes rock. The only comment I would make is that Ben will be at less of a deficit. He now will have two years under his belt on the tracks the rest have been racing their whole careers on, and we all know Ben can hustle a liter bike.

I get annoyed at the arm chair quarterbacks. Unless a rider is having a year like Casey this year, fans and the scum-sucking journalists act like a rider is talentless, or in the case of Vale, washed up. With the new formula, and the CRT teams 2012 should be interesting. I'm excited.

BTW...GO BEN!!!!! (had to get my fan boy scream in)
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum