ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Canada - Formula 1 Montreal | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2011

+8
Danny Boy
Trixie
Revs
TopContender
Dani
gueuzeman
eso
Gelert
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

F1 Canada - Formula 1 Montreal | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: F1 Canada - Formula 1 Montreal | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2011

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Jun 22 2011, 09:58

Danny Boy wrote:
TopContender wrote: However, a compromise would be that a team must contact Charlie whiting to get permission.

I would have no objection to the rules being changed to allow permission to be given, the only problem being, we all know how discretion works in F1 pig pig

Done for safety obviously which is what the whole point of the red flag is anyway.

Maybe allow the teams to change tyres but they incur a penalty if they do so, such as 25 seconds added onto race time (effectively a pit-stop) or pushed to back of the grid or re-start from pitlane.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

F1 Canada - Formula 1 Montreal | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: F1 Canada - Formula 1 Montreal | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2011

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Jun 22 2011, 10:01

da silva wrote:F1 drivers suck. Since when is turning in on a driver who is alongside you a condoned practice? And the FIA and retard stewards blame the driver behind for an avoidable accident, duh. If a driver is alongside you must give him space it's racing 101. Pinnicle of motorsport my ass. The last 15 laps were great but the rest of the race was an embarrassment to motorsport.

Referring to the Lewis/Webber incident? I thought Lewis came from a long long way back, he was never going to pull off the move without contact. He tried the same to Schumhacer on lap 6, he was about 8 car lengths behind into the braking zone yet ended up side-by-side with him before he skated off because he'd locked up (that was before he even touched the grass).

Lewis is a great driver, don't get me wrong, but it was a poor decision to try that pass on Webber on effectively lap 1...he was always playing a low percentage game with that move. If he felt he was so much quicker (and he probably was), I'm sure it would have been only a matter of time before he passed him...with another 66 laps to go it was a no-brainer to wait for a 100% chance to complete a successful overtake.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Wed Jun 22 2011, 21:05

PLAYLIFE wrote:
da silva wrote:F1 drivers suck. Since when is turning in on a driver who is alongside you a condoned practice? And the FIA and retard stewards blame the driver behind for an avoidable accident, duh. If a driver is alongside you must give him space it's racing 101. Pinnicle of motorsport my ass. The last 15 laps were great but the rest of the race was an embarrassment to motorsport.

Referring to the Lewis/Webber incident? I thought Lewis came from a long long way back, he was never going to pull off the move without contact. He tried the same to Schumhacer on lap 6, he was about 8 car lengths behind into the braking zone yet ended up side-by-side with him before he skated off because he'd locked up (that was before he even touched the grass).

Lewis is a great driver, don't get me wrong, but it was a poor decision to try that pass on Webber on effectively lap 1...he was always playing a low percentage game with that move. If he felt he was so much quicker (and he probably was), I'm sure it would have been only a matter of time before he passed him...with another 66 laps to go it was a no-brainer to wait for a 100% chance to complete a successful overtake.
As Mark said, "Maybe Lewis thought that the Chequered was at Turn 3".
LOL.

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Thu Jun 23 2011, 07:17

Gelert wrote:
As Mark said, "Maybe Lewis thought that the Chequered was at Turn 3".
LOL.

Haha yeh was a brilliant remark.

I guess he could laugh about it afterward because he ended up with a good result because the spin didn't really matter given the red flag and multiple safety cars. Had it been a 'normal race', his podium chances would have been wiped out.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Sat Jun 25 2011, 00:06

PLAYLIFE wrote:

Referring to the Lewis/Webber incident?

And Alonso/Button, and Button/Hamilton, plus countless other examples over the season.
Besides, since when is being outbraked by someone from a longway back an excuse, you still got outbraked?
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Jun 28 2011, 07:21

da silva wrote:
And Alonso/Button, and Button/Hamilton, plus countless other examples over the season.
Besides, since when is being outbraked by someone from a longway back an excuse, you still got outbraked?

At least Alonso/Button they were side-by-side so the corner was 50/50.

I wouldn't call outbraking someone outbraking if you can't make the corner or smash into the side of them. That's outbraking yourself and the corner.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2