ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Estoril

3 posters

Go down

Estoril Empty Estoril

Post by Revs Sun May 01 2011, 14:58

let me know when youve seen it!
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Estoril Empty Re: Estoril

Post by Henrik Mon May 02 2011, 08:53

I have seen it, and almost fell asleep. That MotoGP race was a lot more boring than the last F1 race (never thought I would say something like that!). Interesting start, with Simoncelli messing things up on cold tires. Then nothing until the end when Pedrosa finally made an attack on Lorenzo. It did look like many riders had trouble with the setup though, with really only the two Spaniards getting things right.

One thing though, Rossi has improved on the Ducati, and he was able to keep an even pace with the leaders for the most part, something that proved impossible in Qatar. I suppose there is hope yet for him for this season. It is pretty clear though that the title will be a four-way affair between Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner and Rossi.

Stoner surprised me yesterday as he really looked like he was not able to get that bike setup properly. He was never in a position to fight for the lead, and was extremely lucky to stay on track in the first lap. After seeing him in Qatar, I really thought he would be flying for the rest of the season. I suppose this is all good though as it makes for a more open title fight…

However, the good stuff (as always) was to be seen in the Moto2 race. Luthi had a great early charge, and with the sort of determination he showed I really thought he was going to make it in a dominant fashion. I suppose he was just a bit over-enthusiastic through the parabolica, and that was that. The charge up the pack from Iannone was fabulous to watch, and he had some seriously hairy passes at the end of the start/finish straight. Good fun to watch, and then he throws it down the road in the corkscrew.

Bradl had the race of the day, managing to keep a very strong pace, and a cool head with all the attacks he was under. His early season form is looking great for the title, and with Luthi crashing out and Iannone finishing well down the list after his off Bradl is building up a bit of a lead.

Other than that, there was so much going on in that race all the time and all through the grid. There was Marquez totally losing it a-la Pedrosa in 2006, taking out Redding. There was Takahashi getting a very emotional podium finish. There was a huge fight down around tenth place with riders climbing all over each other corner after corner, with pretty much all of them finishing on both wheels. There was Sofuoglu having a good early race, only to fall down eventually. There was Aegerter with a career best of 4th place. And the list goes on…
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon May 02 2011, 09:40

i thought it was a brilliant old school race... Pedrosa absolutely nailed it... the tension was building all race... he had everyone fooled with how hard he was trying to pass lorenzo up until he pwned it... and in the last few laps after he passed lorenzo i was on the edge of my seat, just hoping he wouldnt throw it away trying to make the gap... but he was perfect! definately pedrosa's most impressive win i reckon... and the Rossi Dovi battle was brilliant too Smile

but a few scarey offs at the start injury-scare-wise, and Stoner's massive moment, which in all honesty looked like he was using as a scapegoat for back troubles during the race, when he really stuffed his start again and couldnt bring it up front,, like you said lucky to make the first lap.

i was still on the road for the moto2 race, but the race for 2nd and 3rd in the 125s was great... i like the way the commentators go into more dept about all the riders during the race, basically introducing by dismantlement.

cant believe you thought that motogp race was boring, Hen... i thought it was awesome! lol!
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon May 02 2011, 10:32

What can I say, I like more active action on track. For sure there was tension between Lorenzo and Pedrosa, and as much as I thought Pedrosa would take it home given the superior speed of the Honda, it was not obvious as Lorenzo did seem able to respond each time Pedrosa upped the pace. But I agree, it was probably one of Pedrosa's most solid wins.

About the Dovi Rossi battle, I don't know. Dovi has never been an agressive rider, and going up against Rossi was for me a foregone conclusion: Rossi would never let him through! Getting that leg out wide would have sent a clear enough picture. Still kudos to Dovi for really trying in the last couple of corners, and actually succeeding in slip-streaming past on the line. Must have brought back memories from 2006 for Rossi...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Sat May 07 2011, 16:19

I thought it was a good race, Pedrosa on Lorenzos tail for 80%+ of the race and a similar battle with Rossi/Dovi. Shame SIC dropped it on turn 3 lap 1, really wanted to see if he could put a fight up for the last podium position and maybe even higher.

Haven't seen the Moto2 race yet, haven't had a spare hour this week yet!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down