ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series The Wire

+2
TopContender
Henrik
6 posters

Go down

TV Series The Wire Empty TV Series The Wire

Post by Henrik Sat Aug 15 2009, 17:38

This area has not seen much activity since the new forum, so I thought I should add a new thread.

Have any of you guys seen the series The Wire? A friend suggested it to me, and I just love it! This is really something special with a very realistic and raw "police" series in Baltimore. It is a good way to see that reality is not about flashy cars and futuristic high tech stuff in the real crime fighting scene. The character development is amazing, and I find it to be a wake up call from all the other popular series we see.

You may find it a bit slow moving, but it is really worth it to follow through. Each series plays like a proper story, and you need to se each series all the way through.

Great stuff!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

TV Series The Wire Empty Re: TV Series The Wire

Post by TopContender Sat Aug 15 2009, 18:00

I know some people that love that show. I am more of a Weeds, Entourage, and now Hung fan
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sat Aug 15 2009, 18:17

TopContender wrote:I know some people that love that show. I am more of a Weeds, Entourage, and now Hung fan

I haven't seen Weeds.

Entourage and Hung are both excellent.

I am impatiently awaiting the return of Californication.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Aug 15 2009, 18:58

Haven't seen myself any of those you mention, but Greg has seen Weeds and Californication and was not blown away.

Another one I really liked was Damages. That was pretty intense, and I am waiting for series 3 now. Also I really liked the first series of Fringe.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Sat Aug 15 2009, 20:32

I just started the 5th and final season. It's an excellent series. Another show I really enjoy is Rescue Me. It's about the NYFD and stars Dennis Leary, it's funny and gritty at the same time.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Aug 15 2009, 21:23

We're in the middle of season three for now...

Anyway, I thought it was a good change from the regular series.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Aug 16 2009, 09:25

There is a programme called Spooks, well made and make MI5/6 look really clever.

Too see the reality, watch a film called "The Bank Job" its a true story and just shows what a bumbling bunch of idiots work in the "Secret Services" (frightening when you think Britains bunch are 5 time better than their american equivalent) and things are no better now.

I knew of, the "Car Dealer" involved, and half of South London was pissing themselves laughing when this robbery actually happened..
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Aug 16 2009, 10:54

For sure the police did not come out looking very smart in "The Bank Job". To top things off, the robbers were not all that bright either...

I have seen a bit of Spooks and thought it was pretty good. A bit of a change from all the US series.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Aug 16 2009, 11:06

Henrik wrote:For sure the police did not come out looking very smart in "The Bank Job". To top things off, the robbers were not all that bright either...

That is the thing, they gave a dodgy car dealer a job that should have been done by professionals, and he, the car dealer, end's up with loads of money and a lifetime get out of jail free card (that his family still have) with the pictures of Princess Margret getting shagged by a drug taking couple of the Caribbean's finest.

Incidentally, Princess Margret and stories of her drug taking are not hard to find, or substantiate.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Aug 17 2009, 01:32

Fringe is really cool, but for some reason it doesn't get the play it deserves.

Hung is about a Detroit high school basketball coach who resorts to prostitution. The first episode was slow, but it has picked up. The guy coaches kids in the day, and gets pimped out by his ex girlfriend that is a hippie at night.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Srrh Wed Aug 19 2009, 14:32

I watched Season 1 of the wire a few years ago, when I broke my ankle snowboarding...it took me a bit of time to get into it...but when I did, I reallyliked it...
I've just finished "aquiring" seasons 2-5 on the internet...haven't watched them yet...

Right now I am in the middle of Lost (season 4), weeds (new season) and entourage(six).

...and I haven't seen the final season (3) of the Tudors yet...

I've also "bought" all the episodes of HBO's new series: true blood. Anone seen it ? any good ? or is it shit a la Twilight ?although

For my money, it is hard to replace The kingdom (van triers), six feet under OZ and The Sopranos...(although Rome was very cool)...

Srrhgf is trying to get us to watch Twin Peaks again...
Srrh
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed Aug 19 2009, 15:27

True Blood is excellent.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Srrh Tue Dec 15 2009, 15:41

Indeed H8R...

Finishing season 2.
Highly addictive...

I need to get myself some V for New Year's eve....
Srrh
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum