ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monza

+8
PLAYLIFE
Werner
DeadCat
Danny Boy
Dani
Gelert
gueuzeman
TopContender
12 posters

Go down

Monza Empty Monza

Post by TopContender Sat Sep 11 2010, 16:41

We forgot to add a thread.

Freddy on pole, the 1st for Ferrari in 30 races!

Massa 3rd, Webber beats Vettel, and Buttons beats Hamilton.

Interesting turn of events.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Monza Empty Re: Monza

Post by gueuzeman Sat Sep 11 2010, 19:12

Forgot? Or didn't bother?

Freddy on pole, and the whole country of Douchebagistan rejoices.

I'm rooting for Button and, of course, Bobby K!
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sat Sep 11 2010, 22:20

gueuzeman wrote:Freddy on pole, and the whole country of Douchebagistan rejoices.
cheers

GP2 Race 1 was a stonker for the first few laps - more Safety Cars than race laps...and if Pastor Maldonado reckons that he's due an F1 seat, then he better think again...what a twat...!

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Sun Sep 12 2010, 04:07

Well I was ecstatic! That was a very well deserved pole postition and while the rest of the paddock gossips and speculates we might just manage to fight back into championship contention. Today was the anniversary of one of the most emotional Ferrari victories of all time and tomorrow is another Italian Grand Prix. To come back from where we are right now would almost be a miracle, but that's what Ferrari is all about. If anyone can pull this off it's Ferrari...FORZA FERRARI!!!!
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Sun Sep 12 2010, 15:56

:-D I KNEW IT!!!! Well done guys!!!!!
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sun Sep 12 2010, 16:25

Yes, I'm sure it was a much sweeter win for Alonso than Hockenheim, lol.
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Sep 12 2010, 18:17

McLarens should hang their heads in shame, .8 of a second longer than Alonso on the tyre change gifted the race to Farrari.

Alonso was very luck to hold onto 2nd place at the first corner, a driver with more balls than Massa (and not a designated 2nd driver) would have got through.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sun Sep 12 2010, 18:42

Danny, I'm sure Massa has both the skill and the balls to have pulled off the move, but knowing that he would just have to cede the plase to Alonso later, what's the point?

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sun Sep 12 2010, 19:54

Singapore next.

Unless Massa "chooses" to plant his Ferrari into the wall, Nando's got no chance.

Duff decision by Lewis to try to win the race on the 4th corner of Lap 1, but hey ho. We saw the Lewis 2007 model today, as opposed to the 2010 model. Yet LH won last year's Singapore... here's hoping... Arrow

Whatever - it's tightened-up both the WDC and WCC. Last race decides the WDC...? YAY!

I enjoyed Hulkenberg's drive - yes, slightly naughty perhaps...but spirited...! No more than Kobayashi did last year and earlier this year IMHO.

FANTASTIC drives by both Jason Bunton and Nando before the pitstops - no overtaking, but a great "atmosphere of anticipation".

BTW - Evil Fart is now well-ahead of Olaf Ffuxache. Oooops... Embarassed

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Sep 13 2010, 01:15

It was nice to see Lewis own up and take the blame.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCat Mon Sep 13 2010, 14:41

“It was nice to see Lewis own up and take the blame.”

I thought it was a %^&*ing miracle, I was expecting him to say something like this:

“I was ahead of FM coming out of turn 3 and he just shot ahead and took me off. If I repeat this to the stewards maybe he'll get penalised.”

As to race, I thought is was actually interesting. Although this was mainly do to JB and FA running different wing configurations allowing for closer racing between the two. I also thought MW got screwed by NH with the whole, 'when MW makes a move, we'll just brake really really late and cut the chicane' trick.

DeadCat
Wild Killer Whale
Wild Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Mon Sep 13 2010, 16:38

Great race.

Great race by Vettel.

Great race by Ferrari crew. I know why they were so fast, I saw it in the replay, ingenious actually. The front jackman's jack swivels, so that he jacks the front end up normally. He then swivels to the garage side of the car. When the tires are changed he lets the car down and then pulls it out of the way from the side thereby saving the time it would take for him to get out of the way.

I didn't notice anybody else with this.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Mon Sep 13 2010, 17:10

Ferrari were always going to be fast at Monza, the rest of this seasons tracks will not suit them, 4th at best in the last few races.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Mon Sep 13 2010, 17:16

Oh and another thing, we purposely did not watch the BBC coverage supplied by TSN. It meant we had to wait for the Speed rebroadcast of the race but that is the way its going to be from now on.

It was a breath of fresh air. Totally unbiased and for the most part neutral.
I will not watch another BBC or ITV covered race again if I can help it.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Mon Sep 13 2010, 17:27

Werner wrote:Oh and another thing, we purposely did not watch the BBC coverage supplied by TSN. It meant we had to wait for the Speed rebroadcast of the race but that is the way its going to be from now on.

If you get a vpn number, you can watch the race muted and, if you log into the internet via a German vpn number, you can listen to the race in German from a station that gives a live broadcast.

I don't know why you don't just watch it "live" and with the sound muted anyway, you can watch "live timing" with a blog on your computer, there is enough information coming up on screen to keep you informed..
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Mon Sep 13 2010, 20:39

Werner wrote:I will not watch another BBC or ITV covered race again if I can help it.
Do ITV still cover / broadcast / commentate on the race...? Serious question BTW.

I watch the Free Practice runs on the BBC "Red Button", with Karun Chandhok and Anthony Davidson...
...FANTASTIC stuff from those who've RECENTLY "been-there-and-done-that", albeit from a lowly team / grid position, er, position type-stuff. Good input from Karun re: Korea this week.

The "Forum-on-the-Red-Button" after the races, is also excellent quality. This week we had DC versus Eddie Irvine on "Team Orders", from their perspectives. Quite an eye-opener...

Werner - I genuinely can't understand why you feel that the Beeb is so "not for you"...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Mon Sep 13 2010, 20:53

I could do that, but it wouldn't be as much fun. No race car noises, I suppose I could do those though.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Sep 14 2010, 07:25

A great race I thought, not often you get the top 2 running within a second of each other for almost the entire race at a circuit where it IS possible to overtake.

Great drive by the top 3, especially Jenson on the completely different setup strategy...really made that barn door with F-duct work. Shame about the damaged diffuser, may have been his day had it not been for that.

But Alonso/Ferrari just that smidgeon too good.

Great drive by Vettel despite the brake problem and solid drive from Webber after a dismall start. The Hulk is certainly showing Rubens the way in the last few races, starting to come of age.

Disappointing races for Kubica - thought the Renault would be quicker than it was. But the biggest non-event were Force India. Showed some decent pace in Spa, and Monza should have been their best circuit this year but not even a top 10.

Grande Fernando! Forza Ferrari!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Sep 14 2010, 13:03

Sounds like it was a good race! That is a pleasant thing to hear for a change, rather than our normal bitching about how bad F1 has become.

Also, I am glad to hear the Hulk seems to be getting better. I was truly impressed by his driving back when he won the A1, being particularly fast and smooth in difficult and wet conditions.

Now if only somebody would sign up Takagi for next year...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Sep 14 2010, 14:51

PLAYLIFE wrote:A great race I thought, not often you get the top 2 running within a second of each other for almost the entire race at a circuit where it IS possible to overtake.

You see, I actually think that's a bad sign. If it is possible to overtake, why should we get excited about seeing the top two cars follow each other the entire race?

I thought the race was okay but in the end we are saying the same thing that Max Mosley said a few years ago: the pit strategy is what made this race interesting, not the action on the track, or at least not at the front of the pack.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Tue Sep 14 2010, 16:19

I don't think this was a good race at all. It was no more interesting than watching a Schumacher Ferrari era race when all the overtaking took place in the pits. It's only being made to sound interesting by the Ferrari sheep, baa!
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Tue Sep 14 2010, 20:19

da silva wrote:I don't think this was a good race at all. It was no more interesting than watching a Schumacher Ferrari era race when all the overtaking took place in the pits. It's only being made to sound interesting by the Ferrari sheep, baa!

Gelert wrote:I enjoyed Hulkenberg's drive - yes, slightly naughty perhaps...but spirited...! No more than Kobayashi did last year and earlier this year IMHO.

FANTASTIC drives by both Jason Bunton and Nando before the pitstops - no overtaking, but a great "atmosphere of anticipation".

pig Baa....baaa....

Bugger! Wrong farmyard...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Tue Sep 14 2010, 20:27

The same Hulk who went off at the chicane three times while under pressure. Yes a most exemplary drive.

The same Jenson who had typically awful in and out laps on his pitstop and ceded the lead. Yes a most exemplary drive.

The same Nando who waited for the pitstops to pass Button when he clearly had a faster car on a track where it's relatively easy to pass. Yes a most exemplary drive.

This race doesn't even enter the top 5 races of this year and the season isn't even over!

Bah (baa)!
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Thu Sep 16 2010, 07:41

i thought button and alonso did good...

what happened on the first lap after the first turn? there wasnt a repaly, but vettel was behind after T1, then webber emerged a few places further back, after already opening a vein off the start?...

but the cheques in the mail for Hulkinburg's national card effort lol... big wtf for the officials there lolz.

there have been far worse races this year...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down