ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portimao WSBK

2 posters

Go down

Portimao WSBK Empty Portimao WSBK

Post by Henrik Mon Mar 29 2010, 10:25

The WSBK guys were racing at Portimao this weekend. That is such a nice track, reasonably long and very flowing with loads of up and down hills. Comparing it to the Tilke F1 tracks of the last few years I would say it is a real breath of fresh air. I suppose the Turkish track was a good one too, but probably it was too interesting for F1 to keep going there...

Anyway, back to the WSBK races. Well, Biaggi managed to get a double victory in very solid style. Leon Haslam did take the fight to him in both races, did what he could, but the Aprilia was just too fast. Good clean stuff from both guys, although there could have been a bit more action to be honest.

I am wondering what is up with the factory Ducatis though. Already in Phillip Island Haga was well down on the grid, although he then did manage some amazing starts, and now again he was more like fighting for 10th rather than first. It is a bit strange then to see Checa on a private Ducati up at the pointy end, and even winning a race at PI. Hopefully they can get things sorted soon as I really want to see Haga out front taking the fight to Haslam, Biaggi and Crutchlow.

I would say that now I am really ready for some MotoGP action though. Having seen the Ben (or Big Cheese Spies) get the fourth time in pre-seaso testing, I can very well imagine him fighting for podium positions. I think we should start betting now when he will get his first win.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Portimao WSBK Empty Re: Portimao WSBK

Post by H8R Tue Mar 30 2010, 17:32

Interesting weekend.

What the hell is going on with Haga-san? It almost looks like the fight is all out of him.

Leon Haslam is now a solid threat...I knew he was fast...his race last year at Assen with Haga and Spies was awesome....

Biaggi...well...congrats...I still don't like him.

Cal seemed to be on pace...or sort of...but what a let down for Yamaha from last year to this year. I can already see the Tech 3 complaining thing growing in their pits with Toseland.

I must say I am really starting to roof for BMW and Corser....I want to see them get a win.

Bring on MotoGP!!!!

I think a lot of questions will be answered about the rookies...and well...everything else!
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Mar 30 2010, 19:05

Cal is good, but he is not the Ben so yes Yamaha must be a bit frustrated. Still, I think he has done a great job as this was only his second weekend on the big Yamaha and he was able to get a pole position and get on the podium. He'll win races this year.

Haslam was impressing me in the BSB before last year, and that fight at Assen you mention really showed the fighting spirit he has.

I really don't have a problem with Biaggi, but I am not a fan either. What bothers me with him is that it seems like the Aprilia is the best bike in the field, but he keeps making small mistakes all the time. Somebody with his experience should not be making such mistakes anymore, and it looks like he just gets a bit sloppy. He will fly past in to the lead, then within the next two laps it is almost certain he will go wide at some corner, being passed by somebody. I really wish Simoncelli would have taken one of the factory Aprilias this year because his race last year at Monza was fabulous. Instead he will be struggling in MotoGP. Camier on the other hand is not showing much promise yet on the Priller.

BMW and Corser is a match you have to like. He'll get a race win before he calls it quits!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down