ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW!

+7
pabs
TopContender
Henrik
da silva
glendo
Danny Boy
Dani
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: WOW!

Post by Trixie Tue Mar 30 2010, 15:42

da silva wrote:
Trixie wrote:I just don't like Hamilton.

Also, I didn't understand, when Hamilton passed Massa and hit his RR, the Speed crew blamed Massa. Can someone tell me what he did wrong, cause I didn't get it.

I was waiting for Alonso to have a hissy fit being behind Flippy, but was happy it didn't come.

Maybe if Felipe wasn't weaving all over the track all the time...............

Alonso must be a team player and had his hissy fit in private. Rolling Eyes

I didn't notice Flippy weaving. I was pretty tired though.

I don't like Alonso the person either, although I generally like his driving. I was very disappointed he moved to Ferrari.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Mar 30 2010, 17:29

da silva wrote:
1. Ron's departure had everything to do with Max!

2. Lewis was trying to be a good team player after the team had totally screwed up and cost Lewis another podium.

3. Is this how you live your life, especially when you know the team/business screwed up again? If so I wouldn't want to live in your free-speechless world.

1. Max and Lewis, which was the drop that spilled the glass. Surely you know that.

2. A team player by criticizing the team mid-race for the world to hear? You and I have different concepts of what makes a team.

3. Yes, it is how I live my life. I praise in public and criticize in private. Learned that in the military as it is one of the foundations to maintain control and morale of your unit. It is not a free-speechless world, rather it is about knowing when to speak and when to shut up. The middle of a race is a place for the driver to drive; the motorhome is the place to analyze the race and tell your engineers what a bunch of idiots they are.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Mar 30 2010, 17:35

Danny Boy wrote:
He was driving over a second a lap quicker than all 3 drivers (including his team mate) who were in front of him, until he caught them up, overtaking is all but impossible in today's F1, but he did try (fairly and without recklessness) maybe he would have got past if it were not for the pathetic excuse of a driver Webber. He also went from 11th to 4th, so, tell me, what more do you want him to do.

I disagree. Overtaking was possible in this race as Lewis himself showed. I think he was in position to overtake Alonso, and possibly Massa, before the end of the race but for that to happen his brain should have been in the race and not in the pit stop. Frustration got to him (rightfully so) and it ended up in his scolding the team over the radio.

Now don't get me wrong. I like to see emotion from a driver, but I want to see that emotion translated to the track and not to the engineers. Push Alonso out of the track and take his position, that's what I want to see. But criticizing the team mid-race accomplishes absolutely nothing at that point in time. Lewis is still my favorite driver so perhaps that's why I expect more from him and don't make excuses for his mistakes.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Tue Mar 30 2010, 17:50

pabs wrote: I expect more from him and don't make excuses for his mistakes.

He was behind the Ferrari's because of the team strategy being wrong;
When he tried to overtake Alonso, he backed off when he could not get past, only for one of the most reckless drivers in F1 to needlessly cannon into him, Webber was totally out of order for shunting Lewis, had it been any team but McLaren, Webber would have got a 10 place grid demotion for the next race, not an official reprimand. puke puke
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:00

I should have been more clear: the mistake being criticizing the team over the radio.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:05

OK, I understand.

What if Lewis made it public to ensure the World knew he was shafted, and making sure it did not happen again??

How much would you have like Irvine, Barrichello or Massa had complained over their treatment in public????
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:20

Danny,

I think it was pretty clear to anyone who watched the race that the team made a mistake when they brought him in. Now, I don't really know the state of Lewis' tires at that point so I can't comment on the reasoning behind the team's decision, but at the time I thought it was the right call because I was expecting everyone to make at least one more stop. Needless to say I was VERY surprised when I realized everyone was going to last the race on that set of slicks.

That being said, I don't think you can compare the situation Lewis is in to what the second Ferrari drivers experienced with Schumacher. McLaren is not out to screw Lewis; I think we can all agree on that. Besides, the guys that signed to race for Ferrari knew what they were getting themselves into. So I don't really care if they complained or not because it was pretty clear what was expected of them.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:36

pabs wrote:Danny,

I I thought it was the right call because I was expecting everyone to make at least one more stop. Needless to say I was VERY surprised when I realized everyone was going to last the race on that set of slicks.

The problem Bridgestone have is; they had to thicken the wall of the tyres to take the weight of a full fuel tank, this is why the tyres last so long.

I think the FIA will introduce another mandatory tyre change in the next few weeks, the new regs suck whatever happens, because unless there is a wet track, you/we, may as well watch paint dry rather than watch F1.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Mar 30 2010, 18:41

I completely agree with that. But I like the suggestion that they made in pitpass: make the tyres as hard as steel. That will reduce mechanical grip and more emphasis on the driver. More mistakes will be made since they will be sliding all over the place. And one my friends also suggested doing away with the shift paddles in the steering wheel. Make them use a proper stick like they did back in the 90s. Neither one will happen soon, but I think they are good ideas.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Mar 30 2010, 19:14

Actually, to me one of the problems is the fact that in-car communication is being broadcast to the public. We really have no business listening in on those conversations, and I find it unfair that a driver must now be careful about what he says to his team because it is public.

My point has nothing to do with Lewis or any other driver actually, especially as I haven't seen a race for so long I really don't know what is what, but I dislike the whole public appearance thing. Drivers are supposed to be drivers, and they have tempers like the rest of us. Having to think about being careful about what you say to your team in the middle of a race must not do anything to improve their driving.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by pabs Tue Mar 30 2010, 19:58

That's true to some extent, but I have also said that I don't like the fact that he was thinking about a pit stop 30 laps earlier instead of focusing on what has happening right then and there.

To follow on what you said, thinking about what happened half an hour earlier does not do anything to improve their driving either.

pabs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:36

What exactly did Lewis say that was so offensive?
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Tue Mar 30 2010, 23:28

I actually love to hear the driver conversations. I wish F1 would make the teams publish the scanner frequencies, and make them non encrypted so everyone at the track could hear them.

Some of the best stuff you will ever hear is from teams talking to their drivers. I always have a laugh when I hear those redneck Nascar boys run their mouth unedited on the scanner.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Mar 31 2010, 04:27

da silva wrote:What exactly did Lewis say that was so offensive?

Despite being pleased for team-mate Jenson Button, who picked up his first race win for McLaren in Australia on Sunday, Lewis Hamilton remains disappointed that the team elected to call him into the pits for a second tyre change.

Challenging the Renault of Robert Kubica, which went on to finish second, Hamilton pitted for a second time as Button continued to lead, making best use of the same set of Bridgestone rubber for four fifths of the 58-lap race.

"My tyres were great," Lewis explained to reporters of his penultimate set. "We've clearly lost a 1-2 today and a podium for me, as I had the pace to overtake Kubica, but we have to look forward now."

Hamilton's frustration was obvious during the race as his radio communication to the team was broadcast live to millions of television viewers: 'I think it's a fr***in terrible idea!'

"Well, I was in P3 and nobody else stopped - but I did," he explained later. "I had already stopped once and my tyres were fine; they would have lasted - maybe I would have struggled a bit towards the end but that's what happened to everyone.

"I was brought in for another stop, even though I would have preferred to stay out, but I didn't question the decision because I trusted that that was the right one. After pitting again, I had a 20-second gap to make up and was then taken out by Mark Webber…all that wasn't cool."
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Srrh Wed Mar 31 2010, 08:59

DB,

That's crap, all of what he said.

1) His tyres were completly shot at the end of the race, they barely lasted. Imagine if he had kept the older ones.

2)Why did he come in then, if he was so sure ? It is not like Mr.Hamilton has never refused to follow team orders...He's a world champion...he doesn't have to come in if he doesn't want to. Hell, he didn't com in when ordered to, when he was a ROOKIE.

He's a a diva litlle bitch. like most others...
Terribly disapointed in Lewis...

Amazing driver, but what a twat.
Srrh
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo Wed Mar 31 2010, 10:08

i think LH needed the second pit-stop anyway, he wiped out his 2nd set before the end of the race, whereas JB kept his one set alive for the race.
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum