ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Olympics

+8
Danny Boy
da silva
gueuzeman
eso
H8R
TopContender
Trixie
Henrik
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Winter Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Olympics

Post by TopContender Tue Feb 23 2010, 00:19

In all honesty the scoreboard was not a true reflection of that game. Canada had more shots, scoring chances, and a few weak goals let in. It is just typical playoff hockey, you meet a hot goalie, and you are screwed.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Wed Feb 24 2010, 09:12

Okay, Canada easily got past the Germans. Now they will have a tough game against Russia, which should be one of the better matches of the games. USA will face Switzerland, which should not be too much of a problem to get through to the semis.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Thu Feb 25 2010, 02:32

Henrik wrote:Okay, Canada easily got past the Germans. Now they will have a tough game against Russia, which should be one of the better matches of the games. USA will face Switzerland, which should not be too much of a problem to get through to the semis.

oh my, they're monstering Russia atm... affraid
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Feb 25 2010, 08:46

Canada was brilliant against Russia. They seem to really have gotten their act together after a difficult start. The same can't be said for Sweden who had a lacluster performance against Slovakia. I hate it when they play like that, Being behind in the score they seem to lose their nerve, make to many mistakes and end up with too many players on the bench. The result is the end of the games for them.

Well done for team USA and Finland as well.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sun Feb 28 2010, 13:46

eep!

Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Feb 28 2010, 13:58

The same thing happened to Lindsey Vonn, it made my wife wince when she saw it. Twisted Evil
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Sun Feb 28 2010, 19:27

I had a nice long reply all typed up and then the system beach-balled. Hmmmm.

Anyway I thought BCPlace did look nice and the orcas were a lovely touch. I worked on the scoreboard crew there for 6 years ('88 through '94) I was on that crew that picked Pamela Anderson out of the crowd. Used to go night skiing up on Cypress when there was snow. Its really pretty notorious.

I will be watching the Gold medal hockey game this afternoon, obviously. It will be interesting to peak in on the NBC coverage as the originating station is Detroit for our feed. Detroit and their fans have a tough choice -- their country, or their next-door Ontario neighbours plus, of course the Team Canada brain trust is local hero Steve Yzerman, and the head coach Mike Babcock (of Saskatoon, Sakatchewan, where I resided for 10 years) is the Red Wings' head coach.... it will be very interesting no matter what happens...

So may the best team win and not some flukey garbage scramble bad bounce. May as well just flip a coin.

jPo
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Tue Mar 02 2010, 18:20

I was watching mostly hockey, but WTF is with curling?????

That gold medal game was a nail biter for sure! The Chicago Blackhawks had 4 players in that game, so it really didn't matter to me what the outcome was, although having Cindy score in OT rather annoyed me.

Congrats to Canada on the gold, and get a real Zamboni and good ice. Wink

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Tue Mar 02 2010, 19:08

Trixie wrote:I was watching mostly hockey, but WTF is with curling?????

That gold medal game was a nail biter for sure! The Chicago Blackhawks had 4 players in that game, so it really didn't matter to me what the outcome was, although having Cindy score in OT rather annoyed me.

Congrats to Canada on the gold, and get a real Zamboni and good ice. Wink

I don't "get" curling, either, although I did play "Lead" for my Dad when I was in High School. (1st and 2nd rocks thrown and sweep like a maniac for everybody else). It used to be the only sport that had ashtrays installed on the sidelines for use by players. I have a number of American colleagues who are fascinated by it, and find Cheryl Bernard "hot". To me, its like bowling.

Cindy? Are you saying "Sidney"? LOL...
What I think is funny is that he says he didn't actually see the goal himself... I know how that feels, when a shot is strictly an intuitive reflex -- almost like channeling "the force"... One can argue that it exists when you see something like that happen.... for some its being "in the zone"... Beautiful team play on both sides. Arguably, the Olympic version has lost a lot of its appeal for me now that it is essentially an NHL All-Star series, with NHL rules and NHL-size rinks.

jPo
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Tue Mar 02 2010, 22:38

TopContender wrote:The problem is bigger than televised. The US team is the youngest in the tourney, and minus the Superstars we all know about. Only 3 have olympic experience, none I think were alive for the 1980 games. Canada is stacked with superstars, and vets who got beat by a bunch of kids.

To make the situation worse is that the US beat Canada in the world juniors this year. Canada might be seeing the start where the US is producing better players. Time will tell, but the trend is starting.

Now canada is stuck playing germany and russia just to even get a shot of a medal.

You've been quiet for a couple of days! lol!
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Wed Mar 03 2010, 03:47

da silva wrote:
TopContender wrote:The problem is bigger than televised. The US team is the youngest in the tourney, and minus the Superstars we all know about. Only 3 have olympic experience, none I think were alive for the 1980 games. Canada is stacked with superstars, and vets who got beat by a bunch of kids.

To make the situation worse is that the US beat Canada in the world juniors this year. Canada might be seeing the start where the US is producing better players. Time will tell, but the trend is starting.

Now canada is stuck playing germany and russia just to even get a shot of a medal.

You've been quiet for a couple of days! lol!

Your boy's woke up. I recall it happening in Salt Lake, and Torino. I expected them to win, but in 4 years I think it will be very bad news for Canada.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Wed Mar 03 2010, 05:17

In four years the only guy missing will be Neidermeyer!
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:21

True, but my boys will be older, and seasoned.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Thu Mar 04 2010, 00:14

TopContender wrote:True, but my boys will be older, and seasoned.

MMMM... yes.... 11 secret herbs and spices. Mr. Cine would like to know if you'd like your skin "regular" or "extra crispy"?
Pass the real beer.
Beer urp

Ah... thank you. One is enuff.... Pretty old, you know...
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Thu Mar 04 2010, 21:01

Player of the series IMO....Jonathon Toews, 21 year old Captain of the Chicago Blackhawkes will be around for at least 3 more games, not to mention Drew Dowdy, Steve Stamkos,... and on and on and on.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Fri Mar 05 2010, 00:57

You are going to loose Niedermayer, Pronger, Iginla, and maybe Brenden, Morrow, Marleau, and Luongo.

We will loose Malone, Drury, and Rafalski.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Mon Mar 08 2010, 18:54

TopContender wrote:You are going to loose Niedermayer, Pronger, Iginla, and maybe Brenden, Morrow, Marleau, and Luongo.

Losing the Sharks 1st line and Luongo may be of benefit to them.

I can tell you, Toews just gets better and better. He should be the face of hockey. I couldn't believe Babcock hardly played him in the beginning, there isn't a board battle our Captain Marvel doesn't win. Doughty was quite impressive, too. I didn't know of him before I saw the Canadian team.

And we have Ryan Fucking Miller. I'm hoping he gets a standing O at every US game he plays for the rest of this season.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Mon Mar 08 2010, 22:34

Trixie wrote:
TopContender wrote:You are going to loose Niedermayer, Pronger, Iginla, and maybe Brenden, Morrow, Marleau, and Luongo.

Losing the Sharks 1st line and Luongo may be of benefit to them.

I can tell you, Toews just gets better and better. He should be the face of hockey. I couldn't believe Babcock hardly played him in the beginning, there isn't a board battle our Captain Marvel doesn't win. Doughty was quite impressive, too. I didn't know of him before I saw the Canadian team.

And we have Ryan Fucking Miller. I'm hoping he gets a standing O at every US game he plays for the rest of this season.

Holy crap Trix, that is pretty spot on, you sure your not a closet Canadian. Smile

And what is with the "Ryan Fucking Miller" about. Is that a term of endearment or do you not like the guy cause he is a great goalie, and I should know, I'm trying to raise one.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Tue Mar 09 2010, 12:19

Here is a funny clip from an East Coast Comedy News 1/2 hour called

"This Hour Has 22 Minutes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWk93kZpOfE
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Tue Mar 09 2010, 15:58

Werner wrote:
Holy crap Trix, that is pretty spot on, you sure your not a closet Canadian. Smile

And what is with the "Ryan Fucking Miller" about. Is that a term of endearment or do you not like the guy cause he is a great goalie, and I should know, I'm trying to raise one.

No, I'm just a huge Blackhawks fan, and participate on a blog there. No time to really watch other games or read sports news (if you can call anything hockey related in the US MSM sports news - just like F1). So, since we had 3 Hawks on the Canadian team, I watched as many of their games as I could, too. I'm not very nationalistic I guess, I just wanted to see some good hockey, and cheer for our Hawks no matter what team they played for.

Ryan Fucking Miller is a term of endearment. He was just beyond awesome the whole series. And had a cool goalie mask.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Tue Mar 09 2010, 23:34

The mask was modified. He did have "support our troops on it," but the IOC told him to take it off.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2