ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make of this what you will...

3 posters

Go down

Make of this what you will... Empty Make of this what you will...

Post by Senninha Wed Sep 16 2009, 21:22

Ok, so the whole Piquet/Renault thing has had this niggling because I couldn't remember it properly, and besides all I knew was a small snippet from Autosport magazine which dates back to the time (and I can't be bothered with going through all the 2002 issues of Autosport to find it!). I've googled this in the past over the years and not found anything (didn't help I'd convinced myself that Thiago Medeiros was Thiago Monteiro) but I've found a brazilian site which covers it (briefly) and used google translate. I'll post the Portugese and let anyone who wants to correct. As I say, make of this what you will (as it really probably has nothing at all to do with the Renault thing other than I suppose controversy follows people around)...

The info comes from a forum - http://autoracing.virgula.uol.com.br/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t42327.html - but is a cut and paste from another Brazilian site (I'm gonna cut and paste the relevant bits anyway but if you go to the link and search for Thiago Medeiros you'll find it).

The translation isn't perfect (and some really doesn't make sense to me!) but you should get the gist...

I was in this race, was in Fortaleza. Tempers were running high already from the beginning of the season
pq Piquet (father) carene the wheels of an F3 to "legalize" a lot of testing of his son in the circuit Fortaleza, in the pre season (think 2002). Then there were several complaints (none proven) of irregularities in the car. But this race hackles went up, and local supporters of Nelson entered the confusion .. one of them even taking out a gun and pointing up, all within ... the paddocks ... Most low!!

Piquet said at the time that the car was an F3, was a car endurande [I think this is mis-translated; I assume it means Piquet says it was a sports car and not an F3 car, even if the poster seems to have missed out his "not" - Senninha] ... but is non-sense, I saw pictures of the car, was an F3 with a few layers of fiber on the tires ... the photos were posted up here in the forum.

The following text www.superlicenca.com.br

"Episode of Fortaleza

Thirteen of the eighteen riders competing for the championship of Formula 3 Sudamericana delivered Aug. 18, before the tenth step, in Fortaleza, a letter to the Brazilian automotive (CBA) and Codasur (Confederation of South American automotive) communicating between two entities about alleged irregularities committed by the Piquet Sports team, which belongs to the Formula 1 champion Nelson Piquet.

According to these pilots, Piquet's team have carried out a training course in Ceara of Eusebius with an F3 car fairing, and Nelson, son of triple world champion, would have benefited from this training session to win both races held this weekend.

Minutes before the start, with the grid already formed, these drivers left their cockpits and headed to the Commissioner coach Carlos Montagner, which Eusebius represented the CBA. Some of the pilots who participated in this manifesto, among them Thiago Medeiros and Hybernon Cysne, have been ironic comments of the entrepreneur Ceará Arialdo Pinho, pilot tests of endurance. The attitude of Arialdo developments had about an hour after the end of the race, won by Nelson Piquet. Medeiros, preparing to leave the race track, back, inside his car, the insult he received from the owner.

"He (Arialdo) came towards me with great anger, he suddenly got his gun and pointed at my head and asked me to repeat that moment, what I said earlier, if the Pajé Babão," confessed the pilot.

"Repeat it, because here is a land of macho!" He was quoted Arialdo Pinho. Nelson Piquet witnessed the event and also would have urged the manager to question the pilot. "... now I see him have the courage to say it," he told the three-time Formula 1.

The reaction of Pinho was untimely and could have ended tragically. He took possession of the gun of one of the guards who worked at the track, approached the car and pointed directly to the driver's head, threatening him. This situation, fortunately, was bypassed. Pinho quit.

The pilot said he had no material evidence proving the fact. He just has a witness who accompanied him in the same car, and that the witness had a camera, but chose not to turn it on for fear of being targeted by threatening businessman.

Thiago searched the Metropolitan Police Aquiraz, the nearest race track, where he recorded a threat by the police report number 207.718/2002. " "

And the origonal Portugese from the forum site:

Eu estava nessa corrida, foi em Fortaleza. Os ânimos já estavam exaltados desde o começo da temporada
pq o Piquet (pai) carenou as rodas de um F3 para "legalizar" um monte de testes do filho dele no autódromo
de Fortaleza, na pre temporada (acho que de 2002). Depois surgiram várias denúncias (nenhuma comprovada)
de irregularidades no carro. Só que nessa corrida os ânimos se exaltaram, e partidários locais do Piquet entraram na confusão.. um deles inclusive sacando um revolver e apontando para cima, tudo isso dentro
dos paddocks... a maior baixaria!!!!

Dizia o Piquet na época que o carro não era um F3, era um carro de endurande... mas é balela, eu vi fotos do carro, era um F3 com umas capas de fibra sobre os pneus... as fotos foram até postadas aqui no forum.

Segue texto do www.superlicenca.com.br

"Episódio de Fortaleza

Treze dos dezoito pilotos que disputam o campeonato de Fórmula 3 Sudamericana entregaram dia 18 de agosto, antes da décima etapa, em Fortaleza, uma carta à Confederação Brasileira de Automobilismo (CBA) e à CODASUR (Confederação Sul Americana de Automobilismo) comunicando as duas entidades sobre supostas irregularidades cometidas pela equipe Piquet Sports, que pertence ao tricampeão da Fórmula 1 Nelson Piquet.

Segundo estes pilotos, a equipe de Piquet teria realizado um treino na pista cearense de Eusébio com um carro de F3 carenado, e que Nelsinho, filho do tricampeão, teria tirado proveito desta sessão de treinos para vencer as duas provas realizadas neste final de semana.

Minutos antes da largada, com o grid já formado, esses pilotos deixaram seus cockpits e dirigiram-se ao comissário técnico Carlos Montagner, que em Eusébio representou a CBA. Alguns dos pilotos que participaram desse manifesto, dentre eles Thiago Medeiros e Hybernon Cysne, foram alvo de comentários irônicos do empresário cearense Arialdo Pinho, piloto de provas de endurance. A atitude de Arialdo teve desdobramentos cerca de uma hora após o encerramento da corrida, vencida por Nelsinho Piquet. Medeiros, preparando-se para deixar o autódromo, devolveu, de dentro de seu carro, o insulto que recebeu do empresário.

"Ele (Arialdo) veio em minha direção com bastante raiva, subitamente ele pegou uma arma e apontou para minha cabeça e pediu que eu repetisse naquele momento, o que anteriormente eu havia dito, no caso o Pajé Babão", confessou o piloto.

"Repete isso, pois aqui é terra de macho!", teria dito Arialdo Pinho. Nelson Piquet testemunhou o ocorrido e ainda teria incitado o empresário a questionar o piloto. "...é agora quero ver ele ter coragem para dizer aquilo", teria dito o tricampeão da Fórmula 1.

A reação de Pinho foi intempestiva e poderia ter terminado de maneira trágica. Ele se apossou da arma de um dos seguranças que trabalhavam no autódromo, se aproximou do carro e a apontou diretamente para a cabeça do piloto, ameaçando-o. Essa situação, felizmente, foi contornada. Pinho deixou o local.

O piloto disse que não tem provas materiais que comprovem o fato. Ele apenas tem uma testemunha que o acompanhava no mesmo carro, e que essa testemunha tinha uma máquina fotográfica, mas preferiu não acioná-la por medo de ser alvejado pelo ameaçador empresário.

Thiago procurou a Delegacia Metropolitana de Aquiraz, a mais próxima do autódromo, onde registrou a ameaça através do boletim de ocorrência número 207.718/2002. "
Senninha
Senninha
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Make of this what you will... Empty Re: Make of this what you will...

Post by Gelert Thu Sep 17 2009, 20:56

Senninha wrote:"Repeat it, because here is a land of macho!"
I've speed-read your post Senn...I'll have more time tomorrow at work - LOL

What's the bottom line...? Nelson Jr is poison...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Senninha Thu Sep 17 2009, 22:58

lol - yeah, do it at work Wink

I'm not sure I'd say Nelson Angelo was poison; but then I always had a soft spot for him and really see him more as the shy and retiring one who does what his dad tells him... that was the impression I got from his F3 days but I digress.

My memory of what it said in Autosport (which the above translation I admit has jogged a bit, I couldn't remember the wheres and whys) is this:

- Nelson Piquet (the dad - I always refer to junior as Nelson Angelo - which again dates back to his F3 days and is how he signs his name) owns/owned a pretty successful Formula 3 team. I believe it was set up ultimately to give Nelson Angelo on the route to F1, but they have run other drivers in various series - although, for example, when he raced in British F3 Nelson Angelo was in a one car team run by "Piquet Sports".

- It was said, while Nelson Angelo was racing F3, that the team of Piquet Sports had arranged some extra testing outside the regulations (according to the article above Nelson had stated they were using a sportscar rather than an F3, but the forum poster is insistent that it was actually an F3 car).

- Thiago Medeiros (who would finish 4th in the championship at the end of the season - this was 2002 btw, when Nelson Angelo would have still been very much a teenager) was one driver who said something about this publicly and complained about the issue.

- He then claimed that he had been threatened with a gun (I can't recall if it said who it was in the Autosport snippet - this is SudAm F3 after all so it's not exactly in depth coverage!), and that this had originated via Piquet himself. I always understood it that he had believed that Nelson Piquet knew about it (which is what is suggested in that article). Possibly due to his age at the time (16/17? ish), I don't think anyone really said much about Nelson Angelo's involvement, and like I say, that fits a bit with my attitude of Nelson Angelo being the shy son of - so not exactly innocent.

I suppose I felt it was worth pointing out a) because no one ever mentions it, and I always remember it because I was horrified when I read it first time round and b) becuase I think you yourself gelert posted a story from an online source which referenced the "Rosanne Mansell is ugly, Senna is gay" saga... ergo... I am always a little suspicious of Nelson and his motives, and while I often find him incredibly entertaining, wouldn't trust him with anything!

Mind, I was always a bit unsure about Pat Symonds...
Flav, ack, he's just annoying and silly!
Senninha
Senninha
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Fri Sep 18 2009, 15:56

That is interesting Senni. I feel for a shy kid trying to live up to his father's expectations. What a shame for everyone involved. And if Flav did in fact interfere in his love life at the request of Piquet, just that much sadder.

Doubt he'll get another drive unless Daddy buys a team.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum