ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo

3 posters

Go down

Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo Empty Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo

Post by Gelert Sun Aug 09 2009, 17:43

Cine_Man - I saw the "Hitler's Stealth Fighter" program on NatGeo yesterday...about the Horton 229...?

From what I remember from the topic on the other site, you had a hand in it...?

Anyway - thoroughly enjoyed it - save for the whole concept of making a full scale model with exquisite attention to detail...and then merely shoving a stick up its arse and hoisting it to 5-storey's high, to ascertain whether 65+ year old RADAR could or could not see it...? Shocked

What a waste of silver paint at $250 per gallon for starters, just to paint the fake fuel tanks for RADAR-reflective purposes...! Why not stick a couple of engines and real fuel tanks in the thing and fly the bugger...! Swastikas an' all...! :hangs bed: :bangs head: scratch

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo Empty Re: Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo

Post by TopContender Sun Aug 09 2009, 22:13

They rolled without the Nazi flags? That sounds a bit PC for me. Over at Wright Patterson AFB the museum has tons of old Nazi planes in full livery. Do the Museums in Europe allow that or is it illegal like it is in every place I have been to in Germany?
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo Empty Hitler's Stealth Fighter

Post by Cine_Man Thu Aug 20 2009, 17:11

Yes, I supervised the final versions of the TV show... some visual effects, cleanups, the overall color treatment, titling and so on. I'm in the midst of burning 50+ BluRays of the show right this minute for Northrop.

Its up on YouTube now (in 5 parts) courtesy National Geographic-- here's part one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07Kt4pjh04&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Eca%2Fvideosearch%3Fq%3DHitler%2527s%2BStealth%2BFighter%26hl%3Den%26emb%3D0%26aq%3Df&feature=player_embedded#t=22

The RCS team at Northrop only ever make full-scale non-flying analogs of the articles, and then they destroy them.
The same model, obviously, was used in the re-enactments of the Horten brothers' segments with full Nazi livery and panel lines and other details. It was donated to the Air Museum in San Diego at the end of June.

Game changer, indeed.

jPo
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo Empty Re: Hitler's Stealth Fighter on NatGeo

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down