ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings

5 posters

Go down

Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings Empty Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings

Post by H8R Mon Oct 19 2015, 16:54

There's like three threads in this post. Sorry

I get the feeling the war is officially starting here. I think the inter-team rivalry that Yamaha has kept a lid on will boil over.

At least I hope so. Very Happy

I don't think Jorge can beat Vale in a "street fight", and I honestly want Vale to win the title, but weirdly I keep thinking that I'm not sure if I want Vale to win. or if what I'm really happier about is Jorge losing. I think it's the later.

Reasons I want Valentino to win the title:
1. Old guy comes good
2. Jorge loses
3. Not that he needs to solidify his standing in history, but it would be icing on the cake.
4. The party and antics of Valentino winning the title would be great to watch. I'm pretty sure Tavulla would be destroyed in a fire.
5. Silencing the doubters.
6. Remember when M$ came back and was a midpacker? That's what Rossi is proving he isn't. (in a general view...not specific or tech involved)
7. Fucking Magic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So anyway...Sepang then Valencia on the 8th of November.

"Remember, remember!

The 8th of November,

Valentino won, and Jorge had to surrender."

For fucks sake I sound like a fan boy whose had to much coffee. Laughing Laughing Laughing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think i remember hearing Jorge had an out clause after this year. Not positive. If Valentino wins and that clause exists imagine the late silly season.

Jorge leaves Yamaha for Ducati. Dovi gets the boot, Pol gets bumped to the factory yamaha team, and then there's a mad scramble to fill his slot.

What if Valentino retires after winning the title back?

H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings Empty Re: Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings

Post by Henrik Mon Oct 19 2015, 17:46

Yeah, I so share your sentiment with regards to Jorge. There are many reasons for that, but in general it is his attitude. That said, he is just so incredibly fast and smooth, and I will always be amazed at how he continues to ride a MotoGP bike like it was a 250. Unfortunately his talent will never make up for it.

No, I obviously want Rossi to win. At the start of any season now since a number of years I have said that I dont care who wins, as long as it is not Jorge. Well, with the title in his grasp, I really want Rossi to get one more. And then, retire from MotoGP.

I was thinking this weekend that there are basically four bikes on the grid that can win, and Rossi has basically been occupying one of those now for some 15 years! Seriously, this probably means that other riders that might have gone to the top simply never got a chance to do so because there were just three bikes that could win left over. Add in then also Pedrosa to the mix and the chance at the top is so limited. Rossi is the GOAT, I absolutely love watching hi race, but I think time has come to retire at the top. He is no longer the fastest out there, but his race craft and a bit of luck has allowed him to be leading the championship this year.

It is time to get some more Marc Marquezes to get in there. Maverick ViƱales is clearly a potential future star as he has shown in the smaller classes, and his ride yesterday was simply amazing. Put him on one of the top bikes. Iannone has really been showing his talent this season as well, and it is no surprise.

But I thank them all for this incredible season. Seriously, the level of the racing is just so high right now, and if you think about it that is also much down to Rossi. He keeps pushing, and as a result the contenders are doing everything they can to go faster.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings Empty Re: Sepang & other stuff - idiotic ramblings

Post by Henrik Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:06

Oh, and when you talk about Jorge losing Greg says she loves you!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Sun Oct 25 2015, 14:02

In the words of Murray Walker, "wow-whee!" What a crazy race. As the Rossi/Marquez incident happened live I knew Vale had done it on purpose although my fellow viewers argued against me. After umpteenth replays there was no doubting his intention.

The press conference on Thursday was pretty intense. I think Rossi has a point with Marquez deliberately slowing down (seemed to be the case in Phillip Island too), but obviously reacting as he did is not a justification for it.

What a crazy season.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Oct 25 2015, 15:20

Seeing the fight between MM and Rossi I was at first enjoying the intensity. Then Rossi goes and tries to force MM either off the track or to do something stupid, and the fun came t an end.

I am so disappointed by Rossi's behaviour there. As mentioned before, I have so been hoping he would win yet another title this year, but after that move such a victory would be tarnished forever. I can understand a young rider starting out doing something like that out of frustration, but not the GOAT.

He just went and ruined the greatest season of all time. Damn, why couldn't he just have raced...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Mon Oct 26 2015, 03:50

I was out camping with the family all weekend and just now got the chance to watch the race.

Yes, that sours the whole mess, but something I haven't heard anyone say: Couldn't Marquez just have backed off when the door was being closed? It was like Montoya in F1 treating every battle like it was the war.

While Rossi was clearly f*cking with him, the door was closing and Marquez screws the throttle open and leans into it. That really didn't seem too intelligent to me.

It saddens me to see such bad blood between those two. Earlier in the season they had some hard fights but seemed to respect each other.

And what is it about Lorenzo that makes him so unlikable? He really seems like a right cunt much of the time. When he's in control of the race on his terms, he's blindingly fast, but Rossi has got the better of his head several times this season.

Marquez is fast too, but he seems to make too many errors and so I wonder if his body will hold up for a long career...

Any word from Race control on the incident?

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Oct 26 2015, 15:35

After having watched the beginning of the race again, as well as the actually incident several times from various angles, and looking at a chart comparing lap times, I am beginning to change my opinion.

Yes, I still think Rossi did the wrong thing in pushing Marquez out like that, but it was obvious that he did it out of exasperation and was actually trying to stare him down. It was more like "Cut the crap!".

I had not noticed anything in Phillip Island, but in Malaysia it was overly obvious that Marquez was out to annoy Rossi. Was it as a result of what Rossi said on Thursday? Who knows, regardless it was childish and ultimately dangerous. The thing that made it particularly silly was that Marquez really had nothing to gain from riding this way. He has no chance for the championship, and he was not helping out his team mate who does not have a chance to win it either. It was purely a stab at annoying Rossi.

Several years ago, Stoner claimed that Rossi was messing with him at Laguna Seca, braking when he shouldn't etc. At the time I thought it was just racing, and Stoner was a bit of a cry baby. Even if Rossi was in fact playing games, at least it was one-on-one with the two of them trying to win the championship. Here, it was nothing like that.

However, Rossi has been known to applying such tactics in the past. A few years ago, Lorenzo was on his way to win the title, and Rossi no longer had a chance to win it. Yet, as Lorenzo's team mate, he did everything to disrupt Lorenzo's race at Motegi. Perhaps he should have thought about that yesterday.

I am surprised that things have gone sour between the two though. I think they are both amazing racers, and things don't get much better than when they go head to head around a race track. It sucks that it had to turn out this way.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Tue Oct 27 2015, 01:45

Screw Jorgie, and his little minion MM. I'm sorry you come up on a bike like that, and you get what you deserve. Now we have a ruined last race / championship. Someone needs to check the race director's hotel room for a fruit basket. I swear he is lucky the last race is in Spain and not Italy.

This is why I like Hockey. Someone pulls this crap, and the boys handle it on the ice. Now the minion will continue to pull this crap.

Also, did Jorgie pass on a yellow flag?
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Thu Oct 29 2015, 22:37

Fuck.

What a train wreck of a weekend.

I'm speechless. They took the fun out of it for me.

H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down