ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW and F1 and Emissiosn debacle

4 posters

Go down

VW and F1 and Emissiosn debacle Empty VW and F1 and Emissiosn debacle

Post by Raptor22 Fri Sep 25 2015, 17:43

Ok so Winterkorn is gone.
VW facing some hefty fines of which I reckon they're end up paying $2Billion.
I'm thinking F1 isnow a double edged sword but If I'm right about Hr Dr Dipl-Ing Piesch being behind this "outing" I'm thinking the reason Renault isn't signing up to buy Lotus is because they know they going to need the cash for their own fines...

So Lotus out, both Red Bull teas Out, and suddenly Bernie's show is devalued to a Ferrrari vs Merc with some speed bumps show. Hr Dr Dipl-Ing Piesch steps in to buy F1 thereby hurting claiming victory in the Bernie vs Piesch fued saga and having control over F1 and othe sports categories.

Not a bad thing necessarily....? or?

discuss

Raptor22
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

VW and F1 and Emissiosn debacle Empty Re: VW and F1 and Emissiosn debacle

Post by Henrik Fri Sep 25 2015, 22:53

I just love the way you refer to him as Hr Dr Dipl-Ing Piesch!! Those Germans just love their titles...

Who knows how it will turn out? I have predicted the end of F1 for so long that I'm starting to believe Bernie is some kind of zombie that you just can't get rid off. He is one sly guy, and somehow manages to get out on top. And, there are still far too many people that have no idea about the sport that are making the big money decisions for it. In my mind it has not made sense to put billions in to it for such a long time now, but they still do. And the "fans" who don't really get it still love it.

So, at the end of the day, it will probably continue as usual. It will be reduced to a Merc/Ferrari race for a couple of years, and then somebody else will come back strong again.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sat Sep 26 2015, 19:32

Renault are buying Lotus.
It says so on t'Internet - so it must be true... geek
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121002

Ferrari are happy to supply RBR with engines - just not the ones that RBR want (i.e. the 'full-fat with all the trimmings' version).
Discussions ongoing...but Lauda talking with Berger et al in the Paddock Club at Suzuka, maybe trying to get the Merc decision not to supply RBR reversed...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor22 Wed Oct 07 2015, 13:19

Mercedes seem to be on a mission to push red bull out. Probably wanting to eliminate the toughest threat to their dominance of F1 for the next 4 seasons.

I hope RB does find an engine at the 11th hour and kick Mercs and Toto Wolffs arse into 2021

Raptor22
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Thu Oct 08 2015, 04:40

Raptor22 wrote:

I hope RB does find an engine at the 11th hour and kick Mercs and Toto Wolffs arse into 2021

I have to agree with that.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum