ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Events

3 posters

Go down

Current Events Empty Current Events

Post by Henrik Thu Jan 15 2015, 18:31

Man have we lost it big time on here! It has been a week since the attacks in Paris, and not a single post on Shamu. There was a time when something like that would trigger hundred posts in a day, with heated debate as to what is happening to our society and what is wrong with people. Well, perhaps this silence is a loud indicator that something is wrong with our society here at Shamu.

Or perhaps it is just an indicator that we have all gotten old and can’t really care anymore. Sure, some may have posted some things on Facebook, but still not much there either from this group at least (as for other groups, there sure are a lot of guys called Charlie suddenly!). On my part, I have had some discussion about it with colleagues in the work place, but to a large extent I have backed out of those discussions as well. I just feel exhausted with it all.

These terrorists are annoying on so many levels. For starters, obviously for all the killing they achieved. Yeah, okay, that is a lot more than just annoying, but you get what I am saying. Secondly, as was achieved with 9/11, they have succeeded in reviving a president who was not proving to be particularly successful up until then. I suppose Bush at the time of 9/11 was not nearly as low in the ratings as the exceedingly incompetent François Hollande, but they both at the time of the events did not really have the majority of a favorable opinion. Hollande, in all his incompetency, was nearly at 10% of a positive opinion, and now suddenly he is moving back up the charts. There is not a news segment without him being conveniently placed by his marketing crew to appear as a great leader to the suddenly highly patriotic French crowd. We see him on the aircraft carrier “Charles de Gaule”, in what can only be seen as a re-make of a Bush publicity stunt, bringing encouragement to the French navy.

Finally, the terrorists have also succeeded in saving a lousy satire paper that was in financial difficulties. Seriously, as they left the office after killing all those people, they could be heard saying “We have killed Charlie Hebdo!”. Well, in fact they actually did the contrary. Let’s face it, they had a publication of 60’000 papers per week on a regular basis, really only catering for a small crowd of regular readers and analysts from other regular newspapers. With that sort of circulation, you really can’t expect them to make much from advertisement or subscriptions. This week, they have printed 5 million copies, and are likely to print more. Sure, this is a very special issue, but chances are that in the coming weeks and months, they will easily have doubled their number of readers on a regular basis as a result of the attack.

The terrorists wanted to punish Charlie Hebdo and the cartoonists for insulting the prophet. The truth is that hardly anybody ever read the paper or saw the cartoons, however now suddenly the incriminating cartoons have been seen by billions across the globe. Their hatred has ensured that everybody gets to see what, in their fucked up minds, should be forbidden. Way to go guys! No, they would have accomplished so much more with regards to their prophet by just eating a bullet.

In closing, let me just add that I have always found Charlie Hebdo to be a crappy paper, with no real sense of humor. Sure, I get what they are doing, but I always found their drawings to be badly made, and of poor taste. From the little that I may have seen of them over the years, I have usually found them to be simply ugly and insulting. A paper that has a circulation of 60’000 in a country of 63 million people can’t really be considered as a success, and so I simply never really cared for what they would do. Mind you, I never had a problem with them printing what they did, and they have all the right to do so if they want, I just don’t really care for it. Yet now we see the double standard of French laws and public perception as they have arrested Dieudonné for claiming in public “Je suis Charlie Coulibaly”. In my opinion, he is a really bad comic, who loves to provoke with usually racist comments and jokes. So, if Charlie Hebdo can print poor and insulting cartoons (and basically then be hailed as heroes of free speech), then Dieudonné should be able to also say what he wants.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Current Events Empty Re: Current Events

Post by Gelert Fri Jan 16 2015, 19:57

The lack of comment here - and on Facebook - is probably quite simply because this issue is so enormous.

Personally, I find Charlie Hebdo magazine to be very limp; certainly when placed up against Private Eye magazine or even Viz.
But that may well be due to any humour/satire being lost in translation - I'm not native French, so have no real appreciation of the nuances/culture of Charlie Hebdo's spiritual "home".

Whatever. I've just watched an enlightening (at least to me) Panorama broadcast:
Islam in Britain - and how there are several factions within the Muslim community, virtually at war with eachother...
It seems that there is a growing sub-sect of Non-Violent Extremists, preaching that democracy within Britain is fundamentally evil - but that violence is not the answer...

The "non-extremist" British Muslims interviewed in the program stated that this initially "fringe-group" in Britain have now grown to be a very worrying "core" group within the British Islam Community, over the past 5 years. To the extent that they are now seen as a threat WITHIN the British Muslim Community, BY the British Muslim Community, to any acceptance by the British people of the Islamic Community - wholesale.
Rather than being described as a fringe-group, these non-violent extremists are now refered to, and refer to themselves, as Conservative Muslims...

In short, these British Conservative Muslims argue that Sharia Law should take precedence over any local/national law - and if it doesn't, then they fly the Racial Discrimination Flag at the earliest opportunity. Added to which they argue that in a true democracy (such as Britain - and, er, France), all voices have an equal right to be heard...
The irony wasn't lost on me.

Interestingly, although the Panorama program mentioned this, they didn't go into any detail: That "Conservative / Non-Violent Extremist Islam" is extremely anti-Zionist...

So - I wonder how many wannabe Skinhead Fascist "In-Ger-Lund" Football "Soldiers" are right now hunting "militant muslims", totally unaware that perhaps they might have bigotry in common...?

As I said - it's enormous.
And it's complicated...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Jan 17 2015, 06:54

Dear Gelert, Happy New Year;

Basically this government have, like all British Governments before them, looked after their paymasters. At this time the paymasters are making billions out of countries like Qatar and Saudi. Neither of these countries allow freedom of religion in their countries nor can foreigners buy property there, yet they are free to fund the building of hundreds of Mosques and religious centers throughout England, as well as own vast amounts property in that green and pleasant land.

The British Muslims are a gutless bunch of pricks who will never stand up and condemn terrorism, because in their hearts they despise the British way of life.

The British police (called 'The Filth" in my area, and rightly so) stand by and allow Muslims to march shouting inflammatory slogans and carry banners that breach the recently installed "Hate Crimes Rules" yet spend hours and hours tracking someone on twitter who has expressed similar thoughts against "The Religion of Peace".

The media is no better, and do nothing to educate people but continue a tirade of headlines the perpetuate the growing difference and intolerance's between Old-School-British and the immigrants that have flooded the country in the last 20 years.

Basically, the country is fucked, as are many European countries and will be while we continue to allow 2% of the Worlds population to manipulate and control everything that happens around us.

Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Jan 17 2015, 07:06

Henrik,

It is all part of the great plot, and unless someone nukes america (hopefully while the entire Rothschild's family are there) it will continue.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down