ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia MH370

+2
Danny Boy
PLAYLIFE
6 posters

Go down

Malaysia MH370 Empty Malaysia MH370

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Mar 18 2014, 09:02

Every man and his dog has their own theory of what happened to the Malaysia Airlines B777.

Like to hear what your thoughts are?
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Malaysia MH370 Empty Re: Malaysia MH370

Post by Danny Boy Tue Mar 18 2014, 11:08

It was pre-planned by both pilots, but they ran out of fuel on the way to Pakistan.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Mar 18 2014, 13:30

It is indeed one of the strangest airplane incidents I have ever heard of. My first reaction was that the Bermuda Triangle has migrated to South-East Asia.

My second thought then went to the Tintin album"Flight 714 to Sydney". The plane there was hijacked and made to land on some unknown island in the Indonesian archipelago. Given how clueless everybody has been about tracking the flight, it is certainly more than possible that it has indeed been captured and landed anywhere in an area that can be covered within 7 hours of flight time. That is a ridiculously large area, and given how much remote land can be found in that area, it wouldn't be all that difficult to achieve this.

Who's behind it? Well, to me one of the strangest things so far is that no terrorist organizations have claimed this yet. Given that a technical issue resulting in a crash can pretty much be ruled out by now, it then stands to reason that whoever is behind this has actually been successful in landing the plane somewhere. However, they do not want to let anything out at this point, as that might provide valuable clues into actually finding it. So, who can it be? I suppose the most logical is some Islamic fundamentalist group, having recruited the two Malay pilots somehow.

Finally, why? I think that is something we are bound to find out in the not too distant future.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Thu Mar 20 2014, 01:46

Danny Boy wrote:It was pre-planned by both pilots, but they ran out of fuel on the way to Pakistan.

I think you are close. The one pilot was pissed about the guy going to jail and took matters into his own hands.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Fri Mar 21 2014, 11:40

Our aircraft (RAAF) are searching some ~2,500km out into the Indian Ocean some 4 hours from Pearce airbase.

Good to see my boy (C-130J) getting involved too!

It's a totally bizarre situation. We even have 'live coverage' of it in Oz.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Fri Mar 21 2014, 19:06

The BBC broadcast a "Red Herring" that "2 x somethings, 20 metres long, were spotted" somewhat SSW of Perth....
Did they ever discover what those two "things" were...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Sat Mar 22 2014, 17:56

Following "Breaking News" on CNN (LOL)

The "Zombie Plane" makes the most sense to me.
There are several precedents, and there is no lack of pilot fatigue turning into narcolepsy or apnea. Maybe there were toxic elements involved. Even the F-22 has its issues in that respect. There are many published reports where flight controllers have had to rouse aircrew after having overshot their destination by hours -- one flight overshot LA (I think) and flew out over the Pacific before regaining consciousness and turning back. We would have been sending SAR out to Tahiti.

As far as stray waypoints being entered, although I can't comment on how common the practice is, but I have done it myself, as abort/alternates, or even just to refine the efficiency of a flight path (some VORs are more accurate than others). In case of emergency, you must first aviate and if you are trying to sort something else out and if it is possible to let the aircraft figure out where the nearest runway is -- delegate. The indication is that MH370 turned almost completely away from its intended route, but without any Pan or Mayday distress calls. The simplest, Occam's Razor-type explanation is that the aircraft diverted as a go-to alternate possibly programmed in case the pilots lost their fight with some other factor -- which is a complete (and perhaps permanent) unknown. However it looks like they did (lose the fight) and the airplane just kept doing what it was asked to do. Or alien abduction. Sure, that makes perfect sense, too, and not without precedent. Where are those TBM Avengers? Steven Spielberg knows.

Maybe we need to give the aircraft the opportunity to save itself and keep track of how much further it can fly, and where there is enough tarmac to put down in that range. Seems like a relatively simple problem in today's AI world.
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Mar 23 2014, 00:15

I suppose one of the big questions though is why were all transponders turned off? If the flight crew becomes unconscious for whatever reason, why would all transponders stop working?
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down