ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...)

3 posters

Go down

Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...) Empty Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...)

Post by Henrik Wed Jan 01 2014, 11:25

It was with great anticipation that I finally saw Rush last night. Since reading about it perhaps a year ago, I have been dying to see the result, and in my opinion Ron Howard did not disappoint. I am sure some people will find faults around it, but I thought it did a great job conveying the feeling of F1 racing at the time.

It brought me back to when there was a real passion in the sport. The intensity of the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda was obviously the focal point, and it came through. What I might have missed were perhaps a little more interaction with some of the other drivers of the time, but then that was not the point of the movie.

I really choked up a bit for Lauda’s comeback at Monza. I still remember that race so well as it was one of the few I saw that year. Nobody had expected him to get back so soon, and many had not expected to ever see him back. Then that particular race was a great one by Ronnie, I think the only one he ever won in the March, also at the place he would die two years later…

Now all we can hope for is that Ron decides to do anther one about the Senna/Prost rivalry.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...) Empty Re: Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...)

Post by TopContender Wed Jan 01 2014, 12:25

I'm glad they stuck to the story. Some of the Hollywood freaks were pissed at the ending, with Lauda getting out of the car. They wanted a revisionist ending. It is now up for best picture at the Golden Globes.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...) Empty Re: Rush (The movie, not the Canadian rock band...)

Post by Henrik Wed Jan 01 2014, 12:33

TopContender wrote:I'm glad they stuck to the story. Some of the Hollywood freaks were pissed at the ending, with Lauda getting out of the car. They wanted a revisionist ending. It is now up for best picture at the Golden Globes.

Are you kidding! They wanted to change the ending?
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Thu Jan 02 2014, 13:10

Still haven't seen the movie.

There's a great doco about it that was recently broadcast (I think it was BBC).  In-depth interviews with Alastair Caldwell and Daniele Audetto really give a great insight into the rivalry between McLaren and Ferrari that season.  A lot of ill feeling toward each other really just topped off the incredible story.

As I'm sure most of us have read and seen the story to death, I actually found it quite interesting and learned a lot of new facts about the whole thing. Highly recommend it.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down