ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M$ in a coma?

+5
Henrik
eso
TopContender
PLAYLIFE
H8R
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

M$ in a coma? - Page 2 Empty Re: M$ in a coma?

Post by Henrik Mon Jun 16 2014, 21:46

Indeed, he has been transferred to Lausanne now. At this point it is all speculations though. Hopefully he will be able to live something like a normal life now.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Tue Jun 17 2014, 03:07

Henrik wrote:Indeed, he has been transferred to Lausanne now. At this point it is all speculations though. Hopefully he will be able to live something like a normal life now.

I think that is going out on a limb, I don't see him being anywhere near living a normal life, sad, but that is my opinion.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Jun 17 2014, 06:29

I would agree with you, but you can always hope. Besides, we the public do not really know anything about his actual state.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Tue Jun 17 2014, 15:30

I don't think they will let anyone see him until he looks good for tv and pictures. They are really controlling the situation.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Fri Jun 20 2014, 11:44

TopContender wrote:I don't think they will let anyone see him until he looks good for tv and pictures. They are really controlling the situation.

Yeh I agree with you.

I don't know too much about these injuries, but from what I've read the likelihood of a full recovery with someone who was in a coma for that long is close to nil. I know I shouldn't read too much into words, but it was mentioned that he was able to communicate with those around him - which to me sounds like he cannot speak otherwise they'd have said 'spoke'. But anyway that's all speculation.

I hope he recovers to an extent where he can at least enjoy life.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Mon Apr 20 2015, 19:33

Head Injuries never get fixed. The brain does not heal. There is only compensation, and I get that from working with the medical staff at UBC and their instructional nursing program. M$ will never be even remotely the same, and the best we can hope for is that he is comfortable and cared for, for the rest of his life. The bottom line is that he is effectively no longer with us.

I was at an event a couple of weeks ago, attended by Peter Windsor, who responded to a question about Schui's "progress" with a sort of... for awhile there, no-news was good news, but now it is turning into inevitably bad.

For what its worth, there was a GoPro camera scabbed onto his helmet... whether that compromised the protective capability or not is a bit of an open question. I hate those things, but not for this -- they just make really terrible images that are hard to work with, and mostly cater to vanity. A friend sent me one of those sarcastic bumper sticker slogans to the effect that "All those people who used to not care what it was you had for breakfast? --- We still don't give a shit." I see them all over the place, and I have to ask myself if there isn't anything left to enjoy that does not have to be mediated?

jPo
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Mon Apr 20 2015, 20:22

And what of Bianchi?
Same difference I guess... Crying or Very sad

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Apr 21 2015, 13:53

Ihave not seen any news about Bianchi, but I do know that there is no change for Michael. His castle has been converted to his care center, and I figure it will remain like that for the rest of his life.

Cine, interesting comment on the GoPros. My brother has one that we have used a bit while skiing, and I have always been thoroughly impressed by the quality results. That said, it is not to publish all over the web, but rather simply a way for us to remember a good powder day by.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum