ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Grandson

+3
Raptor22
PLAYLIFE
da silva
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My Grandson - Page 2 Empty Re: My Grandson

Post by Gelert Wed Apr 29 2015, 19:49

UKIP are in for a very rude awakening, I suspect...
Especially as they've lately been playing on the wrong side of weird.

There's a local pro-NHS candidate that frankly could do with some support - or she might lose her deposit...?
But as for Cameron/Clegg/Milliband - forget it...we're all SO bored of the "same old, same old".
They're all a bunch of Banker-Backed-Bastards if I'm honest...no offence meant to 'admin' btw... Very Happy

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Apr 30 2015, 06:35

No offense taken! It's not because you work for a bank hat you are a banker...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Thu Apr 30 2015, 06:38

Henrik wrote:No offense taken! It's not because you work for a bank hat you are a banker...

I think the world would be a better place if there were more bankers like you H.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Fri May 01 2015, 06:41

Thank you for the kind words!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Jun 20 2015, 10:07

To celebrate his 7th birthday Harry stepped up to race with the junior class (14 years and under) all racing was in track supplied karts of the same specks.

From the official site:
"Race 2 was a thriller with a quartet of drivers crossing the line within 0.7 of a second, after a race long duel which saw Al Naggar take victory and with it bag a rare double on the day. In his slipstream were brothers Alex and Cameron Macmillan, second and third respectively, Leo Ardolino fourth ahead of Agha in fifth and Matthew Elliot sixth. UAE Micro Champion Harry Hannam impressed enough in his SWS debut to take home the Junior Novice prize".

Tough start to his actual racing, he got bumped off 3 times in the qualifying heat and twice in the 2 races. He is a determined little fucker though and came back from last place to end up in 9th place in both races and had the fastest lap in the final race.

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/tracktalk/2015/06/report-sws-sprint-races-at-the-kartdrome-5/
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptor22 Sun Sep 20 2015, 16:48

Boys good. Nice lines! He's clearly a natural

Raptor22
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Fri Jan 22 2016, 17:24

My Grandson a couple of months ago, Alonso just turned up at the Dubai Autodrome on his own (he has a home in Dubai) and spent quite a bit of time chatting to the people on the track. Eventually someone said you want a drive and Alonso said "I've got my helmet in the car but no suit".  They gave him a standard race suit that any walk-in punter would wear, Alonso went out with the other drivers and did 3 races, got the fastest lap but did not win a race (to be fair, the carts you are given are pot-luck and there is a big difference between the performance. Results and right up are;

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/tracktalk/2015/12/report-round-15-of-the-2015-sws-sprint-series/

Gone up a lot in my estimation after that.

My Grandson - Page 2 C17e6d_02cc30f873974f1ba593245fece899f4
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Fri Jan 22 2016, 22:07

So your grandson didn't get an instruction to drive into a wall and cause a Full-Course Yellow?
That picture's got to have been Photo-shopped then! Twisted Evil

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

My Grandson - Page 2 Empty Start em young

Post by Cine_Man Mon Jun 27 2016, 01:09

Very nice lines, slow in / quick out, all that stuff...

hey guys. Who is still here? all these yearas later...

jPo
Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Jun 29 2016, 15:52

Hi Joe,

He has done really well, finished this season as Bambino champion for all 3 seasons he raced in it.

Goes up to the next class when the new season starts in September (8, 9 and 10 year olds) he has been allowed to practice with that class all last season and has held his own.

The first few practice sessions of this season he has not been out of the top 6 in lap times, so we are hoping he can get a top 5 finish in the overall position come the end of the 2016 - 2017 season.

Hope things are well with you, really hoping to get back to the West Coast of Canada sooner rather than later.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cine_Man Mon Jul 11 2016, 06:04

Danny Boy wrote:
He has done really well, finished this season as Bambino champion for all 3 seasons he raced in it.

Senna, watch out... you cannot stop anyone when they get the bit between their teeth and looking for "bigger numbers..."

Yeah, well I'm still in Edmonton... exchanged some greetings with TopContender a few days ago. He's doing well in the business trade, it seems.

As far as MotorSports go, I may have peaked. Last month, I did a club event at the electric arrive-and-drive "Speeders" here and surprised myself by winning it. Of course it jumped me up a class, and next event, although I qualified for the feature race, it was miserable and I finished fifth of five half a lap back. More practice, I guess.

cheers!

Oh, and (Economic) Anarchy in the DisUK!

jPo

Cine_Man
Cine_Man
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.prestodigitalcolourgrade.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Aug 14 2016, 18:15

My grandson has just competed in the European Finals = Micro, mini and Junior Go-kart's held over the last 5 days in Austria.
He was 8 in June and raced against kids up to 12 years of age. Ended up 19th out of an initial number of 41 entries (the final consisted of 34 karts).

He started the final on grid 18 and as up to 16 in the 2nd lap, he then got pushed off and went to 26th before getting back to 20th then advanced 1 place when the person who pushed hi off got a 10 second penalty.

To say the family is proud of him is an understatement.

http://live2016.kart-data.com/Euro16/index.php?ID=2&Kx=finale_micro_max

Regards to all,

Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Oct 08 2016, 02:26

Nice write-up for Harry;

http://circuitprodigital.com/2016/10/06/20990/

And his result yesterday (the final was stopped after 2 laps because of heavy rain and a sand storm then restarted on a wet track) starting from 7th on the grid;

http://alainraceway.com/kart_club_results/1610071510%20final%20micro.pdf

His lap chart for the final;

Lap Chart

Our Box at Monaco is getting closer Cool
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Tue Apr 25 2017, 15:15

Harry finished the season in 5 place overall. Very good for a 8 year old racing 12 year olds and under (the next youngest competitor is 10) he flipped his cart in early December and broke his arm, he was only out for 6 weeks.
The last race of the season saw him come second, his best finish of the season. race is here
Hopefully he will get an invite to the European Kart Championships (in Portugal this year), otherwise, next season.
Still on track for the Monaco Box Very Happy
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Fri Apr 28 2017, 20:37

I watch British Touring Cars (BTCC).
There is 8+ hours coverage, free-to-air here in the UK - which has been the case for quite a number of years...
I remember a young driver, racing in Formula BMW, doing rather well in the myriad of support races.
His name was Lewis Hamilton.
Wonder what ever happened to him...?

I was watching the F4 Race, which was one of the support races at the BTCC Donnington Park meeting a couple of weeks ago.
I have NEVER witnessed such an accident from a live on-board camera as I saw that day.
#BillyWizz

I've been aware of Billy Monger over the past few years - as he rose through the ranks from Ginetta Juniors and onward.

Jeez - a MAJOR talent...

Any concerns for your Grand-Son, as a relative, DB?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Apr 29 2017, 04:36

Really great stuff there! Very nice track. Would love to have a go there.

The Al Ain race track... is that as in Al Ain Prost? LOL!!!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Apr 29 2017, 10:13

Gelert wrote:I watch British Touring Cars (BTCC).

Any concerns for your Grand-Son, as a relative, DB?

I was with him at the Al Ain track when he crashed and broke his arm.

His father had to work so I flew to Dubai from Bahrain and too Al Ain for the first day testing and set up.

The next day his father joined us mid morning. Harry did the warm up and first 2 qualifying heats, and qualifies in 6th. He got a very fast start and was into 3rd off the grid, he then went second as they approached the first bend but got clipped on the back and spun, he was then t-boned by another car and went airborne and landed upside down (with no roll cage).

i went running down to the corner (I was up on a observation deck a hundred meters behind the start grid) hoping that he had not injured his spine, when I got there the medical people already had him with a neck-brace on and were putting pins (or something) in his leg and asking if he could feel anything. He was sobbing and said it was his arm that hurt.
It took about 20 minutes to get the all clear to lift him into the ambulance (although I had seen him move his good arm so felt reassured that there was no spinal injury) and take him to the hospital.

By the time I got to the hospital (after getting the paperwork signed and handing the car over for inspection) it was about 2 hours later and by that time he was strapped up and ready to leave.

Not a nice experience, and you are worried sick initially until there is some sign that it is not critical.

Funny aftermath; Harry told his dad (in the ambulance) that his arm hurt a lot and he did not want to race again. By the time he was strapped up (and flying/drugged-up with pain-killers) he was asking the doctor how long before he could drive again. when we got to the Hotel and settled down in the room Harry said he was hungry and could we go to the bar (where we normally eat in the evening when we go there) and get him a burger. We said are you coming and he said no he wanted to stay and play on Granddad's computer. His father left him his phone with my number already there and said to ring if there was any problem. we got to the bar and ordered food (and a couple of beers). We ordered a second beer while we were waiting for the food then after about 20 minutes my phone rang and it was Harry saying "is my food ready and can we come back soon, you can bring your beer with you. Things were back to normal.

Henrik, Harry hold the lap record on the F1 configuration for his Kart class at that track (all cars have to race at a minimum weight so his age and being smaller than most competitors is not an advantage).

Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Apr 29 2017, 15:05

Truly inspiring kid! I always wish I had been able to start racing karts that young, instead of at 35. Such is life...

We had the same weight thing, with the minimum weight being set with the driver in the kart. I did spend time training to get my weight below the minimum though, as it then allowed me to decide where I wanted to add the ballast. It doesn't make a huge difference for sure, but every little bit counts.

By the way, I hope to make it to Bahrain one of these days as my employer has bought a bank that has a branch there. As they may want to add some focus to this market, I have let my boss know that I would be interested in participating one way or another. With my past experience and knowledge of that part of the world it may interest him.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Fri Sep 22 2017, 15:22

Back to winning ways:

After a year as a 8 year old racing kids 9, 10, 11 & 12, Harry is a year older and back to inning ways.

It was an impressive performance as he led every lap and increased his lead on each successive lap.

Monaco Private Box still within reach for the lucky Shamu few.

My Grandson - Page 2 20170910

Sorry it is upside down, but out Aussie readers will be happy (and if you open the pic in a new Tab, it is the right way up, go-figure?).
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Sep 27 2017, 10:51

If you want to win, don't just win, take the piss.

The pic reminds me of Home Alone it also shows how big a gap 3 seconds is in a Kart race

My Grandson - Page 2 Img-2010
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Sep 28 2017, 22:51

Just wow!!! He is truly something else.

I hope I get to see him race live some time before he gets to the corrupt F1. I always prefer watching real racers doing real racing...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Oct 01 2017, 08:15

Henrik wrote:Just wow!!! He is truly something else.

I hope I get to see him race live some time before he gets to the corrupt F1. I always prefer watching real racers doing real racing...

If you are ever near Dubai you know you will be welcomed by Dan (he owes you for the BQ in Singapore Very Happy ).

If you want to celebrate a special occasion I recommend a long weekend at the "Viceroy", Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi, there is a race there on Friday March 8, 2018.

We also hope to be at the European Championships next year, not sure where it is being held yet.

I will post Harry's interview after that last race on the "Secret Paddock Club" page.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Oct 12 2017, 21:09

Indeed, he does owe us a bbq! Otherwise, March 8th is just before my birthday...

Anyway, next week we are off to Jerez for the superbike race.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Nov 24 2018, 11:16

Harry has just arrived in Brasil for the Rotax World Championship after a 15 hour flight from Dubai to San Paulo, 5 1/2 hour wait for his 3 1/2 hour flight to Conde Parabia.

https://t.co/TDqyzRGDvh
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Nov 24 2018, 14:56

Outstanding! Keep me updated on how he does.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum