Small accomplishments.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by rob on Thu Oct 29 2009, 05:32

Srrh wrote:Liposucion. Laughing

hehehe

seriously, what Ilgs and Dani suggested (intervals) worked for me. Werner (and for others who are interested) here is a link of the detailed training schedule i used in loosing 25 lbs (from 185 to 160) in 4 months (and from 34" to 30" waistline).

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canada.com%2Fvancouversun%2Fsunrun%2Fpdf%2FRun10KFasterProgram.pdf&images=yes

plus of course healthy eating. this means lots of fruits and veggie. bottom line is calorie spent must be greater than calorie intake. be patient and don't be surprised that the weight you lost the first 2 weeks will come rebounding on the 3rd week. with enough discipline (i only missed 2 sessions), you will get the result you want. this was the key to my sub 51 minute 10k. the fat around the tummy will be the last one to disappear.

and lay off from those beers.
avatar
rob
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by rob on Thu Oct 29 2009, 05:38

by the way, if you did not feel like vomitting your lungs out during your hill training and the fartlek (speed play), then you are being too easy on yourself.
avatar
rob
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Srrh on Thu Oct 29 2009, 09:34

rob wrote:
and lay off from those beers.

Or you could just kill yourself, and loose 100% of the weight.

Reminds me of a friend who ran every day for an hour.
He told me he was adding 10 more years ot his life.
But what's the point he if you're going to spend them running ?
avatar
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 174
Join date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Werner on Thu Oct 29 2009, 19:50

Hey

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Rob, time is the killer for me. The boy's hockey has started so even less time now.
avatar
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 51
Location : Canada's East Coast

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Gelert on Thu Oct 29 2009, 20:14

rob wrote:bottom line is calorie spent must be greater than calorie intake.
OK - so that's the bank balance sorted.

What next...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 692
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 105
Location : South Sandwich Islands

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by ilgs on Sun Nov 01 2009, 13:21

rob wrote:

and lay off from those beers.

I can't, and I won't. That's why I run.

Recent accomplishment: Got the iPhone GPS working! Someday it'll come in handy and tell me where exactly in the world I'm lost.
avatar
ilgs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 51
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Danny Boy on Sun Nov 01 2009, 13:40

ilgs wrote:
Recent accomplishment: Got the iPhone GPS working! Someday it'll come in handy and tell me where exactly in the world I'm lost.

I have the HTC Hero 3G android, very good phone, not that google maps are needed in Bahrain, but it is scary to see how accurate they are in regards to your position.
avatar
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 486
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by rob on Sun Nov 01 2009, 16:16

ilgs wrote:
rob wrote:

and lay off from those beers.

I can't, and I won't. That's why I run.


Ilgs, try red wine for the moment. after your successful sub 60 10K, decide whether to stick with it or get back to those lagers and ales. just a friendly suggestion.
avatar
rob
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by rob on Sun Nov 01 2009, 16:20

DB, i heard those google phones are way savvy than the iphones. is that true?

my son wants to get one and i thought at first he just want to be different from my daughter who is using an iphone.
avatar
rob
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Danny Boy on Sun Nov 01 2009, 16:51

rob wrote:DB, i heard those google phones are way savvy than the iphones. is that true?

my son wants to get one and i thought at first he just want to be different from my daughter who is using an iphone.

I think that HTC make the google phone, but yes, HTC or Google will be way better than Apple iphone (you have to constantly pay for attachments on an iphone).

HTC also have a very good web site for downloads/info.

Hero, and some of the cheaper models will be loaded with Windows 7 in a couple of month, and Windows 7 is way better than Visa (even with the server 2 pack) although all resent models are capable of being upgraded.
avatar
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 486
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Trixie on Mon Nov 02 2009, 01:26

Srrh wrote:
rob wrote:
and lay off from those beers.

Or you could just kill yourself, and loose 100% of the weight.

Reminds me of a friend who ran every day for an hour.
He told me he was adding 10 more years ot his life.
But what's the point he if you're going to spend them running ?

+1

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 130
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by ilgs on Mon Nov 02 2009, 01:47

I've gone full circle on the red wine bit. I'm afraid it's still beer for me. And Martell XO or Camus VSOP.
Re the GPS I downloaded the iPhone app called Motion X GPS Sport. It uses Google, bing, and Motion X maps (Google hybrid map is the best). I get the map update for free everytime I'm in a WiFi zone. Fairly accurate but I have nothing else to compare it with. I guess it's enough for my needs -- running, vacation guide. Not bad for a one-time payment of $2.99.
avatar
ilgs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 51
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by rob on Mon Nov 02 2009, 05:23

ilgs wrote: Martell XO or Camus VSOP.

wow. those are fine french brandy that i indulge myself very rarely.


ilgs wrote: Re the GPS I downloaded the iPhone app called Motion X GPS Sport. It uses Google, bing, and Motion X maps (Google hybrid map is the best). I get the map update for free everytime I'm in a WiFi zone. Fairly accurate but I have nothing else to compare it with. I guess it's enough for my needs -- running, vacation guide. Not bad for a one-time payment of $2.99.

isn't it to cumbersome lugging an i phone during a run? i used garmin 301 i bought in ebay for 40 bucks.

by the way, i was able to complete 28 KM at 5:56/km pacing today. drank myoplex and had a hearty dinner.
avatar
rob
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by ilgs on Mon Nov 02 2009, 14:45

That's a quick pace. Good for you.
I'm used to carrying it in a small belt bag. More than the GPS I need it for music and the occasional emergency call.
avatar
ilgs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 51
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by gueuzeman on Sat Jan 16 2010, 19:22

Product development deal. Working with an established manufacturer on 2 special tools for the tile trade I invented. Patent search and attorneys, cad drawings from plastics manufacturer, etc. A slow process just underway. Not retiring from installing tile any time soon. I would like to attend the big annual tile convention next year.... as a vendor. I may even need one of them there website thingys. Hroak?

Other possibility- it dies a slow death like most aspiring dreams in life.

.
avatar
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 613
Join date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by eso on Sun Jan 17 2010, 16:26

gueuzeman wrote:Product development deal. Working with an established manufacturer on 2 special tools for the tile trade I invented. Patent search and attorneys, cad drawings from plastics manufacturer, etc. A slow process just underway. Not retiring from installing tile any time soon. I would like to attend the big annual tile convention next year.... as a vendor. I may even need one of them there website thingys. Hroak?

Other possibility- it dies a slow death like most aspiring dreams in life.

.

Good for you gueuze. The follow through on those sort of things is excruciating. Stick with it.

My biggest recent accomplishment besides finishing the building is very nearly perfecting a tasty gluten-free waffle in my vintage waffle iron...


eso
avatar
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 475
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 58
Location : Long Beach, California, USA

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by gueuzeman on Sun Jan 17 2010, 18:12

YUM!! G-wife has a super flax flour (grinds her own) recipie tha is super high fiber, probably good for the colon: or semi-good; Twisted Evil
avatar
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 613
Join date : 2009-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Trixie on Wed Jan 20 2010, 15:28

I found my way back here. Smile

Now to catch up....

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 130
Join date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Srrh on Wed Jan 20 2010, 16:05

Got my admin privileges back.
avatar
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 174
Join date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by eso on Wed Jan 20 2010, 16:12

Srrh wrote:Got my admin privileges back.

how'd you do it?


Welcome back Trixie.


eso
avatar
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 475
Join date : 2009-08-02
Age : 58
Location : Long Beach, California, USA

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Werner on Sun Nov 14 2010, 17:10

Trixie is back and posting...yay!!!
avatar
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 51
Location : Canada's East Coast

Back to top Go down

Re: Small accomplishments.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum