ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Assen

4 posters

Go down

MotoGP Assen Empty MotoGP Assen

Post by Henrik Sun Jul 01 2012, 00:11

Wow, almost forgot about this one! I knew there was MotoGP this weekend, but missed that it was Assen and so races on Saturday! No matter, got the races ready and already checked out the Moto3.

Now that was a fun race! For the first ten or so laps, they were pretty much 20 riders all bunched up together at the front. It was a tough job to be a commentator at this point because there was som much action it was impossible to catch everything. Then a group of 5 got out ahead a bit.

ViƱales, Cortese, Kent, Rossi and Salom had one hell of a fight until the end. Cortese didn't look to enjoy being showed up by his teammate Kent, and twice basically ran in to him in order to get by. Luckily they all stayed upright and the last chicane was a bit nuts. Photo finish to decide between Kent and Salom for third, which finally went to Kent leaving a very upset Salom. Serious racing!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Assen Empty Re: MotoGP Assen

Post by Henrik Sun Jul 01 2012, 00:12

Oh yeah, I wanted to comment that after the stellar start to the season, Fenati has been pretty average. I winder what is going on with him for now as I really thought he would be more up front.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Jul 01 2012, 20:43

Moto2 was fabulous as well. Okay, I was really bummed by Luthi getting knocked out in the first lap, but after that we had some tight racing. What I really enjoyed was that other riders were pushing Marquez around a bit, although it didn't stop him from walking away with it after catching Iannone.

Finally MotoGP got a bit "castrtated" in the first turn as Bautista tried a silly manouver and took out Jorge. Left the race open for the Repsol boys with Pedrosa at first looking good. The Stoner then suddenly woke up and got some incredible drive to fly past Pedrosa. Spies was in a position to improve his reputation, but lost out to Dovi on the satelite Yamaha. I think it is safe to say now that Spies will not be on the works Yamaha next year, and Dovi is set to get it.

Finally it is really looking like the year too much for Rossi. The challenge with Ducati has not worked out, and he is looking rather pathetic out there. I wonder how he can still be smiling so much on the grid...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon Jul 02 2012, 11:22

yeah just watching the motogp race now... watching the 2 n 3 later on tonight, so cheers for the split posts, Hen! Smile

its sad to see Rossi out there like that .

Spies will come good.

it'll be interesting to see how Marques goes with pedrosa at honda next year... ... ... i hope.

great pass by stoner on pedrosa... well measured go that... bit of a 'dont argue' ! Shocked the two of them were great to watch though...

and bautistas brain vomit will not die young on the neuron count... the motogp championship is now totally retarded, unless stoner has one that he can walk away from, or beats Lorenzo by more than 25 points lol... but that move was... traumatic.... i feel terrible for him... Lorenzo just got very very VERY unlucky... snotted infact.

Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Jul 02 2012, 14:09

Reading the news last night that they gave Bautista a penalty really pissed me off though. Lorenzo is an incredible racer, but he should just stop bitching (as should some of the others too...). Sure, Bautista messed up, but it was really a racing incident. Then Jorge goes to complain, and even has the gall to say the penalty is not strong enough and that he had a race ban back in 2005 for the same thing.

1. In '05 Jorge had already been involved in a number of incidents, and there had already been a number of complaints against him. After the incident in Japan, the governing body (heavily influenced by Pedrosa and his mentor Puig) decided enough was enough.
2. The influence of Pedrosa and his team on the ruling body was contested by many at the time, certainly including Lorenzo himself! He was very eager to make his complaint of the sanction heard at the time.

There was even talk going on last night that Lorenzo would be given the benefit of an extra engine due to the loss of the bike yesterday!

We see much more serious stuff going on in WSBK, one of the more obvious incidents being Rea taking out the two BMWs at Donington, yet these are called racing incidents and the guys just get back to doing there job. Jorge, in all his racing talent, should just shut the fuck up and stop being some sort of primadonna.

Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Mon Jul 02 2012, 15:55

Bautista Evil or Very Mad

Great ride from Dovi.

Moto3 was great. Fenati is only young and still learning the tracks I guess, can't imagine Assen would be the easiest circuit to get to grips with. Time will tell!

Germany this weekend, followed immediately by Mugello...triple header!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Jul 02 2012, 22:09

Wow how it is possible to ride with a tire like that.

MotoGP Assen 523851_10150886068181386_394935944_n

TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:30

I guess you can't really, which is why Rossi had to stop and have it changed. It seems Bridgestone were having some trouble with the hard tire this weekend because I hear that Spies had a similar issue although his lasted longer.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down