ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a what if: zombie apocalypse!

+3
Henrik
Revs
glendo
7 posters

Go down

a what if: zombie apocalypse! Empty a what if: zombie apocalypse!

Post by glendo Tue May 29 2012, 13:30

hi gang,

i just finished watching 'the walking dead', yet another US TV series that has grown on me. i do like apocalyptic stuff, hollywood dresses it up with patriotism and fantasy, but in my personal opinion systemic collapse is a reality.. but i dont believe in zombies and all that fantasy shit.

it is very similar to 28 days later; guy wakes up, the world has gone to shit, and then you just try to survive it. no electricity grid, government, civilised society etc. etc. there are a lot of these styles of movies and tv shows around, some in biblical, aliens, climate change based scenarios that im sure we have all heard of.

this is my little scenario... something new for the forum for anyone that's interested.

we were watching it at work, and it turned into a 4hr discussion between my workers and i about 'what would you' etc. etc, and it was a fascinating group exercise i'd love to try here.

im gonna use the above scenario: zombie apocalypse

now the purpose of this 'game' is for the interested participants:

what if:

- a zombie apocalypse occurs on a global scale
- 90% of the world population is infected by it.. lots of zombies
- you and your family are not affected
- you are at your home location
- no governments, no society.. total wild, anarchy and social collapse (because it's become a story of survival)
- money is useless, the world economy has collapsed

so what would you do?

what would be your big plan (of course survival is paramount)
what would be your long term goal to survive this, and live in this new world?
where would you live?
how do you think the world would recover from it?
how do you see the world around change? new countries? total human extinction?

etc. etc.

now im trying to be a little bit intellectual here, for a bit of a thinking/strategy/brain exercise thingy... so if you are up for it, please right down as much as possible.

if no-one is interested i will delete it all. i will give it a week to see if anyone joins in
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

a what if: zombie apocalypse! Empty Re: a what if: zombie apocalypse!

Post by Revs Tue May 29 2012, 15:13

i will partake (reserved)
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue May 29 2012, 19:32

First reaction... I will grab my motorcycle and ride to my death... I believe in the novel "On the Beach" by Nevil Shute, after a nuclear apocolypse where it was just a question of time before the final survivors (I think in Australia, but it was a long time ago I read it) would die from radiation. One of the characters with a Ferrari organized some sort of race where a number of the contestants killed themselves. I always liked that as a way to go when it is inevitable.

But I will give it a bit more thought and come back later.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Wed May 30 2012, 00:15

Henrik wrote:First reaction... I will grab my motorcycle and ride to my death... I believe in the novel "On the Beach" by Nevil Shute, after a nuclear apocolypse where it was just a question of time before the final survivors (I think in Australia, but it was a long time ago I read it) would die from radiation. One of the characters with a Ferrari organized some sort of race where a number of the contestants killed themselves. I always liked that as a way to go when it is inevitable.

But I will give it a bit more thought and come back later.

I saw that movie.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Wed May 30 2012, 02:27

You guys are way behind the curve on this one.

It's happening in real life already:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/26/naked-man-eating-victims-face-killed-miami_n_1548359.html

"The officer...approached and saw that the naked man was actually chewing the other man's head, according to witnesses. The officer ordered the naked man to back away, and when he continued the assault, the officer shot him. "

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo Wed May 30 2012, 10:04

sorry about a delay in my response, but i wrote the OP just before i went to bed.

now, if the above situation occurred:

part 1:

where would i go?
- firstly i would get the hell out of sydney the best way possible, this city would become a hell-hole. my first choice would be by boat around the coast.
- i would stock up on as many essentials i could get my hands on, and head for kangaroo island off the coast of South Australia. i figure that place is small enough to control zombie scourge, and yet large enough to sustain a small population and control agriculture.

my long term plan would be to survive, and rebuild. based on this island, which is a couple of miles away from the mainland, i could scavenge from the cities and town if possible if things were needed.

- my fiancee lives in adelaide which is 200km north of the island, whilst sydney is 1700km's away. getting there would be a massive mission in itself, but it would be my long term goal.

- would i look for her? if i had the chance to communicate with her to meet me there that would be ideal. if i managed to survive and get there that would my number 1 priority, if i didnt get hold of her.. i dont think i would look.

in fact, i would accept that eveyone is gone and on their own.

the longer term goal would be to recreate a form of civilisation, but i would hope built on new rules and systems

part 2: what do i think i would see (to be continued)
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo Thu May 31 2012, 11:02

no-one interested by the looks of it...
glendo
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva Fri Jun 01 2012, 00:50

If by zombie apocalypse you mean global financial crash, then yes I have a plan, if you mean zombies I haven't thought much beyond cranking up a chainsaw. LOL.
da silva
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sat Jun 02 2012, 12:59

da silva wrote:If by zombie apocalypse you mean global financial crash, then yes I have a plan, if you mean zombies I haven't thought much beyond cranking up a chainsaw. LOL.

yep. thats about it... i have a chainsaw.

but i reckon tasmania would be better than kangaroo island, on an isolated farm somewhere.

besides, we're probably already into the zombie stage and just dont realise it consciously... just like a zombie would Razz
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Thu Jul 05 2012, 07:14

I would hit the gun stores to load up on anything I hadn't already purchased.

Grab my dads Chevy Avalanche Pickup truck and load it up like Mad Max.

Then hijack the biggest boat I can find and hang out on the sucker until the zombies die off.

TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum