ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qatar MotoGP

5 posters

Go down

Qatar MotoGP Empty Qatar MotoGP

Post by TopContender Sun Apr 08 2012, 02:29

Well here we go. It looks like the new Ducati is OK, but not a winner.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Qatar MotoGP Empty Re: Qatar MotoGP

Post by H8R Sun Apr 08 2012, 16:08

WOOT!

I can't wait.

So here's my questions:

1. Is Stoner's chatter bad enough to seriously effect him over a race distance.
2. Will Crutchlow wither from the pressure
3. Will additional fuel in the CRT's play some role especially during mid-race when all the factory bikes go lean.
4. Will the Ben be a threat
5. What will Colin Edwards have to say
6. Where the hell is Rossi
7. Is Dovi going to be able to challenge for a podium
8. Will some of the CRT's get lapped and will it effect the outcome of the race.
9. Also of interest to me is RdP, and Hector Barbara
10. Lastly, and they deserve their own topics, Is Marvrik going to throw people a beating in moto3, and will moto2 be the race that I really want to watch to see great racing.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 09 2012, 12:19

H8R wrote:WOOT!

I can't wait.

So here's my questions:

3. Will additional fuel in the CRT's play some role especially during mid-race when all the factory bikes go lean.
8. Will some of the CRT's get lapped and will it effect the outcome of the race.
10. Lastly, and they deserve their own topics, Is Marvrik going to throw people a beating in moto3, and will moto2 be the race that I really want to watch to see great racing.

Looks like we got some answers to your questions there.

First of all, and has been the case for the last two years, Moto2 is the race to watch. Another stunning race there, and as they approached the last few laps it looked more like it was the first lap. Great tight racing all the way through, with Marquez really going on the limit there with Luthi. I can see Luthi getting upset as he was pushed well out on the rumble strip in the straight line, but then again he could have braked earlier and taken Marquez on the inside.

MotoGP was a bit of a snoozefest in comparison, although Lorenzo was able to spice things up in the end. Stoner suffering from chatter in the end there, and Pedrosa making a good show. At least the championship might be an open affaire between those three. Then there is the rest...

What the hell was up with Spies? Will Rossi fnis the season or retire before the end? WTF Bradl?! If only they wouldn't all be so spread out it could be interesting as a number of riders surprised me there. Bradl was the biggest surprise, but Hayden was good, as was Bautista and Barbera. The two Tech3 riders are looking good, and good old Edwards was outstanding on the CRT bike. Also a big surprise for me was Yonnie Hernandez. I have loved his supermotard style in Moto2, but I did not expect him to be able to take to Randy.

Just about to watch Maverick and the Moto3 guys...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 09 2012, 16:02

Watched the Moto3, and I am very impressed by the 16 year old Fenati. I have rarly seen such maturity from a racer in the smallest category, and this from a 16 year old Italian kid with no real racing history. The way he worked with Maverick to get away from the rest of the guys, taking his time slip streaming and not trying any stupid manouvers just to get ahead. That kid is going places!!! (and his first name is Romano...eh TC?).

Last edited by Henrik on Mon Apr 09 2012, 20:26; edited 3 times in total
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 09 2012, 20:21

Got this from another site:

From GPONE - A year has passed since Valentino Rossi saw the red lights go out for the first time from behind the windscreen of a Ducati. It was his debut on a bike that he never really loved, so much so that he later declared, "I understood during the first test, after just a few laps, the I couldn't win the first race." Indeed, last season at Qatar he finished 7th, with a gap of 16”431 to Stoner, for whom he took over at Ducati. It seemed like an eternity, but things would only get worse as the season wore on, eventually convincing the boys at Ducati to completely revolutionize their MotoGP project. Tonight, using the umpteenth chassis variation, the race went even worse: 10th place and 33”665 behind the winner, this time Lorenzo, last of the Ducati riders and second to last of the MotoGP prototypes.

Afterwards the Doctor was clearly dejected and, what's worse, he seems to have lost faith: "We ran out of hope last season. When Barbera passed me, with a hard move that pushed me into the runoff area, he had only one objective: getting in front of me. The actually race position didn't matter. I even thought about pulling into the pits and finishing my race there, but I kept going only out of respect for my team members, and to collect useful data." The GP12 isn't to his liking, as was the case with the 11 and 11.1, and for the first time he even distanced himself from its design. "Ducati didn't follow the direction that I indicated, but I'm not an engineer and I can't solve every problem."

That both Barbera and Hayden were faster is of little interest to him. "It wouldn't have changed much to finish sixth. This certainly isn't an appealing result for me, and I'm aiming at least for the podium." Something which seems well out of reach for the moment. "I'm not able to ride the bike as I like. I'm faster on used tires than on new. The rear is pushing a lot, and things only improve slightly when the tires start to slide. I have no confidence, and I can't even get ahead of Hayden, who gave everything he had to finish 28 seconds behind the leader."

And with this, the polite, professional courtesy between the Italian rider and Italian marque has come to an end. "The problems with the bike haven't changed, and neither have my requests. It's unrideable, and it doesn't make much difference what track we are on. I'm not able to enter the corners hard on the brakes, and we can't hope the situation will change completely with the new Bridgestone tires. These aren't problems you can solve with setup alone." Either the rider adapts to the bike, or the bike is again adapted to the rider. Ducati are at a crossroads.

Sounds to me like Vale's time in MotoGP is over. He should probably go to WSBK and beat Biaggi (and Checa) one more time...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Apr 10 2012, 03:59

Great to get the season under way safely. I enjoyed all 3 races, a little bit more than usual cos I had British Eurosport coverage so Jules and Toby were super entertaining as ever.

I want to answer your questions, not necessarily correct but from my perspective, regarding the Qatar race alone:

Possibly but probably not

No

Not at all

Not at all

Ehhh

The continuation of the beginning of the end

Nup

Nup

Both did well I thought

No!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Apr 10 2012, 05:15

Fenati, wow, most impressive debut I've seen since...well to be honest, it may very well be the most impressive debut I've ever seen!

Rossi sounds like he's on his last legs. He sounds like he's lost his motivation (kind of reminds me of Kimi 2010). Hate to see Vale end his career like this though.

Stoner said it was the power in his arm/hand which had gone that caused his pace drop. Still, a great win from Jorge and good ride from Dani. I know Dani starts well all the time but that was a particularly blinding one!
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Thu Apr 12 2012, 01:20

It might be the end for Vale. He has not been the same since his accident.

Hitler on Valentino Rossi's qualifying in Qatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ly4m-o9wUIg
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Thu Apr 12 2012, 07:41

lol

Slowest CRT was 49km/hr slower than the fastest prototype - that is a huge, potentially dangerous, difference.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Apr 12 2012, 19:24

There has been a fair bit of debate about the speed difference. I am not sure the danger is that great at the end of the day though. Let's keep in mind that Losail has the longest straight of the calendar, and so such a difference becomes apparent there. However, they didn't get lapped as some feared. On the other hand, I don't really see the interest of them with the current performance.

As to Rossi, I don't think it is really the accident that changed him. At the end of that year he came back strong and fighting with Lorenzo until the end. If anything I think it was the accident with Simoncelli that has been the final straw. First the Ducati is not working out, then the terrible death of his friend, and now things not getting any better on the bike.

I really wish he would have moved on to superbikes already this year, fighting with Biaggi up front. It probably would have brought the spark back. Going through this whole season under the current conditions will be terrible.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Thu Apr 12 2012, 20:24

TopContender wrote:Hitler on Valentino Rossi's qualifying in Qatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ly4m-o9wUIg
At last!
Something about the Sport of Scooters that I understand!
cheers

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Fri Apr 13 2012, 18:04

Henrik wrote:Watched the Moto3, and I am very impressed by the 16 year old Fenati. I have rarly seen such maturity from a racer in the smallest category, and this from a 16 year old Italian kid with no real racing history. The way he worked with Maverick to get away from the rest of the guys, taking his time slip streaming and not trying any stupid manouvers just to get ahead. That kid is going places!!! (and his first name is Romano...eh TC?).

I was watching it and was like "Who the hell is Fenati???"

White helmet....white leathers...no real sponsors. I thought a trackday guys sneaked on to the track at first.

I wonder how his leathers and helmet will change for the next round. LOL
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down