ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the revolution will not be televized - live stream

+2
gueuzeman
Revs
6 posters

Go down

the revolution will not be televized - live stream Empty the revolution will not be televized - live stream

Post by Revs Sun Sep 18 2011, 13:16

Occupy Wall Street $eptember 17th - on now

http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

alot of crazies involved aswell, but you get that... the jyst is worthwhile...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

the revolution will not be televized - live stream Empty Re: the revolution will not be televized - live stream

Post by gueuzeman Sun Sep 18 2011, 15:40

Ummm, we were at the local nature center for a turtle show/educational workshop thingy for the kids.

Damn, seems something comes up every time there is a protest.

I will say that occupying Wall Street on the weekend is a bit pointless, it would seem there would be enough unemployed people available to do it during the work week.
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

the revolution will not be televized - live stream Empty Re: the revolution will not be televized - live stream

Post by TopContender Mon Sep 19 2011, 04:59

Damn hippies stopped me from going downtown and seeing the bull.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Mon Sep 19 2011, 06:49

TopContender wrote:Damn hippies stopped me from going downtown and seeing the bull.

Wimp

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Wed Oct 12 2011, 11:16

GREAT EXPLANATION

Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Wed Oct 12 2011, 13:24

Does anyone know what these people want? You ask 5 of them, and you get 5 diffrenet answers.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Wed Oct 12 2011, 13:43

look TC... youre part of the 99% whether you like it or not...

we all want to live in a world that helps each other, not blows them up and enslaves everything...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso Wed Oct 12 2011, 15:09

Revs wrote:look TC... youre part of the 99% whether you like it or not...

we all want to live in a world that helps each other, not blows them up and enslaves everything...

That 's about right.

eso
eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Wed Oct 12 2011, 21:11

TopContender wrote:Does anyone know what these people want? You ask 5 of them, and you get 5 diffrenet answers.
How do I log-in to this Diffrenet...?

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Fri Oct 14 2011, 02:32

Not sure I agree with you Revs, because if a bunch of these bankers and lobbyists suddenly were being dumped out of the backs of trucks dead like is happening down in Mexico, it really wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. And then let their widows and children starve.

Fuck 'em.
gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Fri Oct 14 2011, 07:40

even in an ever so slightly more idealistic world, where the top 1% (phrase taken from Marie Antoinette (saying, i am the 1%) just before they chopped her head off with a guillotine) were acting on our behalf and doing things that benefited the peoples - that provide them with the brains and means of exploitation - there is still nothing - no service, no sequence of services - to humanity - that can justify the disparity... from us to the top 1% in our nations, let alone from, say, the peoples of africa to us... we are comfortable, privileged and numnbed - unless our jobs and coin are threatened - ie: now... we need more competion in the banking sector... more small banks to cater for the needs of people, not corporations... they need to give back what theyve taken... a profit is fine, but not wholesale fraud... tax payers money going to million dollar bonuses? bring back the guillotine...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Fri Oct 14 2011, 13:29

My issue is that the Feds allowed the banks to act like retards. Then we bailed them out, and let the insanity repeat itself. Nothing has been done to fix the problem, and now the banks are back to where they were in 2008.

These protestors need to occupy Washington, if they want change.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Fri Oct 14 2011, 14:34

Dodd-Frank law was a baby step in the direction of your stated goals, TC, but remember how watered down that got just to get passed. And who fought it every step of the way? Conservatives, not that both sides don't get too much money from the financial sector.
Quote- "My issue is that the Feds allowed the banks to act like retards."
I though conservatives are supposed to be moaning about the suffocating nature of government regulation. How about a full re- introduction of Glass- Stiegal?

Are you becoming less enamored with conservative rhetoric now that you have a family and see what your childeren's long term prospects look like under that type of model?

Campaign finance reform is the first step, and will not be implemented due to it having to be voted on by the very people it benefits.

bring back the guillotine, indeed!

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Fri Oct 14 2011, 17:25

When they bailed the banks out, I was really pissed off because as much as leaders were saying they were going to be hard on the banks absolutely nothing was done to really sort out the problem.

I agree that there needs to be a serious shake down of the whole industry. When they let Lehman fail, I did have some hope that perhaps something was being done. As it turns out, that was as far as they were willing to go.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Oct 16 2011, 05:42

Guez, I know it was both parties that allowed this to happen. I wish these hippies at Wall Street would tell both parties to go to hell instead of letting the Democrats quasi hijack their cause.

That said we will see how strong they are in a few weeks when the cold sets in.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sun Oct 16 2011, 06:32

Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Oct 16 2011, 08:26

Yeah, but no. I watched the first clip, and apart from the annoying computer generated speach from text, that was one of the dumbest explanation of the bailouts I have heard. But then again, you can publish whatever you want on the internet...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Wed Oct 19 2011, 09:54

yeah, those 3 were more for the laughs... albeit rather dark humour... the perception is sound though lol
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down