ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby Anyone?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rugby Anyone? Empty Rugby Anyone?

Post by Henrik Fri Sep 09 2011, 16:57

The rugby world cup kicked off today, and I was curious to see if there are any other members that are following this. I am not usually a big fan of team sports, but I do watch hockey and will happily watch a few games of rugby now and then, especially during the world cup.

I tend to like a lot of the teams, but as always I am always hoping France is knocked out as quickly as possible. Other than that, the obvious favourites are the All Blacks, followed by the Springboks and then the Wallabies. I am not much for the European teams, and I was really pissed when England won in Australia (all thanks to Jonny Wilkinson).

The problem in general is that the All Blacks are the best team, but they don’t win! They only have one single cup victory so far, and that was from when it was last played in New Zealand. So, let’s hope they can do a repeat.

Ka mate, ka mate
Ka ora’ Ka ora’

Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Rugby Anyone? Empty Re: Rugby Anyone?

Post by Revs Fri Sep 09 2011, 17:28

ooo fk yeah Very Happy

i'm tipping the all blacks this year,,,, they snuffed the bledesloe again first game out of 2 (must win both to secure... theyve had it for ages... its worth more than the world cup to me now)... snotted us... AUS and NZ both trounced the flacid springbok away team, then the wallabies tickled over the boks art home, then tickled over an 11-13 man changed team that saw out the tri nations, for a rather moot wallabies win of the tri nations....

i tip the all blacks

if aus cant win... its the all blacks... couyldnt stand an england or springbok win... both = utter devestation here... please let the all blacks just get a little more even on the wc swin stage...

wtf Hen.. sringboks ahead of the wallabies? OFFENDED!!!! Evil or Very Mad hehehe

tonga did not sp bad tonight. the allblacks beat the wallabies by more in the first bledesloe....

on a lighter note, i'm servicing locky turner's pool next week Smile weeeeeeee uh
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Fri Sep 09 2011, 19:06

What can I say, it was really South Africa that got me interested in rugby to start with. I have always it liked the Srpingboks, but I was a bit torn in 1995. I wanted the Springboks to win, but then I so wanted Jona Lumoh walk away with it as well.

Put it this way, If one of the southern hemisphere teams win I am happy (even the Pumas)! Just not England or France!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sat Sep 10 2011, 11:18

whats with englands colours? all black?
that strikes me as a little disrespectful...
why would they do it? to me it just fosters ill-will... and if anyone complains, it puts them in the silly position of complaining about something as fluffy as a colour... very BBC imo lol

just watching the last few minutes of the 1st half, england a man down, argentina trying to capitalise... carn argy bargy!! bounce
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Sep 10 2011, 14:13

Yeah, I don't know about them being in black. As you say, disrespectful.

At least Jonny doesn't seem to be on the top of his game! Missed quite a few kicks today.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:21

No one likes us, we don't care;

Rugby Anyone? MorganPenn-GoldenSection

Wilkinson was rubbish and should be dropped for Flood, I can't stand the All Blacks, the outdated dance routine at the start, and their willingness to cheat in every department, for me, the spearing of Brian O'Driscoll on the Lions tour a few years ago, just about sums the All Blacks up.

The face of John Howard, as he gave the Ellis Trophey to England, typifies the unsporting and whinging nature of the Australians, the fact the England fans stole their National song, Waltzing Matilda, and changed the words to, I fucked Matilda, and me mate he fucked her too, along with almost every other line in the song, was priceless.

As for France, if there is a more entertaining side to watch when playing rugby, I have yet to see them.

England, Ireland and France are the three teams who get my support.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Sep 11 2011, 10:36

Danny Boy wrote:No one likes us, we don't care;

England, Ireland and France are the three teams who get my support.

And I expected nothing else from you Danny Boy!

Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Sep 11 2011, 13:19

That was a close call for the Springboks.

The Pool D is going to be a tough call.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon Sep 12 2011, 09:37

Danny Boy wrote:Rugby Anyone? MorganPenn-GoldenSection

^this i quite like...

this, though, makes my blood boil...

Rugby Anyone? Davidcameron

and Johnny Howard... he's a bit of a tragic sports fan... lol
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Sep 17 2011, 13:19

Well Danny Boy, you must be happy today! Ireland played a great game and got a much deserved victory. Well done!

Not sure the Wallabies will be considered as favourites after that game...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sat Sep 17 2011, 15:13

thoroughly deserved!

they did their homework, had awesome defense, out-dazzled and had great control!

very dissapointed here, but that was a great game!

we're not done just yet, but that hurts!

Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Sep 17 2011, 16:06

Henrik wrote:Well Danny Boy, you must be happy today!

Very happy, starting to realise that I might be a bit pissed and tonight might be a bit of a struggle. Great game though, had to laugh at O'Driscoll interview after the match, he could not keep the smile off his face.

Revs, as second it looks like you get South Africa, there is nobody else to fear in group D for Ireland, which mean we will get that poxxy little Welsh ref and lose to Samoa.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Sep 18 2011, 13:37

Quite a number of surprises so far. Just watched France beat Canada, but that took a bit of work. Canada put up a good fight, but in the end logic prevailed.

Wales has surprised me. First by deserving a victory against the Springboks, but just missing it, and now by beating Samoa. I actually had Samoa down as going through to the quarters together with South Africa from that group, but now it looks like I may be wrong. That said, Samoa was unlucky today, but it is the victory that counts at the end of the day and not luck.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Fri Sep 23 2011, 06:38

Even though they're not great, Forza Italia!

Ireland's upset win over us (Australia) has meant that our pool has now suddenly become interesting. Australia have a real chance of finishing 2nd which means we'll be up against the Springboks in the quarters...
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sat Sep 24 2011, 10:20

ok, all my chips are with the All Blacks now (not ol blighty)... the Wallabies are lucky not to have a fatality after last nights bruiser with the US.
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sat Sep 24 2011, 10:48

Typical NZ, blatant penalty for the French on 5 minutes not given, then against the run of play NZ score a try with an obvious forward pass to the try scorer.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Sep 24 2011, 19:01

So what are you saying, France was the better team today?

Seriously, I watched the game on French TV, and the French commentators were all in awe of the All Blacks. At least they had nothing to say about any referee isssue. They were happy about the game, thought the All Blacks got a much deserved victory, and hoped that France might end up against the All Blacks in the finals. They had no illusion though of actually winning that game as they all felt that NZ is by far the best team at the moment.

It is actually one thing I really like with rugby as opposed to football. The viewers and commentators are usually much more open minded rather than always trying to blame the opposition or the referee.

Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:46

Henrik wrote:So what are you saying, France was the better team today?

France were by far the better side in the first 15 minutes, had they been given the penalty for tacking in the air, or if the drop goal attempt gone over, or they scored a try from the rebound off the post, it would have been a different game.

Seriously, I watched the game on French TV, and the French commentators were all in awe of the All Blacks. At least they had nothing to say about any referee isssue. They were happy about the game, thought the All Blacks got a much deserved victory, and hoped that France might end up against the All Blacks in the finals. They had no illusion though of actually winning that game as they all felt that NZ is by far the best team at the moment.

It is actually one thing I really like with rugby as opposed to football. The viewers and commentators are usually much more open minded rather than always trying to blame the opposition or the referee.

Try listening to Murray Mexted and his co-presenters from New Zealand (or their Australian counterparts), they are so biased it is laughable, I grant you that European commentary is, as you say, very presentable and balanced.

I thought the elbow in the face of the french player late in the second half, typified New Zealand for me, even when they are winning easily, they cannot help but cheat, the Indian saying of a snake and the nature of the beast, springs to mind.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Oct 08 2011, 15:00

Danny Boy wrote:
Henrik wrote:So what are you saying, France was the better team today?

France were by far the better side in the first 15 minutes, had they been given the penalty for tacking in the air, or if the drop goal attempt gone over, or they scored a try from the rebound off the post, it would have been a different game.

Try listening to Murray Mexted and his co-presenters from New Zealand (or their Australian counterparts), they are so biased it is laughable, I grant you that European commentary is, as you say, very presentable and balanced.

I thought the elbow in the face of the french player late in the second half, typified New Zealand for me, even when they are winning easily, they cannot help but cheat, the Indian saying of a snake and the nature of the beast, springs to mind.

Well, what can I say. They did not get the penalty, the drop goal did not go over and they did not score a try from the rebound.

On the other hand, they then went on and lost against Tonga in a pitiful way, only to beat England today! Looking at the French team that lost against Tonga last week, I really didn't think they would have much to say against England today, but it just was not the same team playing!

And what happened to Ireland? I had been surprised by Wales in their opening against the Springboks, but even more so by Ireland against the Wallabies. Pity the game was on too early this morning and I missed it.

Looking forward to the Australia/South Africa tomorrow.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sat Oct 08 2011, 16:00

i was expecting wales to be stronger than ireland going into the wc... wales were unlucky not to beat south africa... it will be amazing if the wallabies beat the bocs tomorrow (today)... yachvini was just waaaaay too much for england tonight though Smile
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sun Oct 09 2011, 11:41

Very Happy
Rugby Anyone? Johnni10
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Oct 09 2011, 14:00

That was close! Unfortunately I didn't catch the game as it was on too early, but reading the write-up it could have gone either way.

Watched the All Blacks (laboriously) beat Argentina. The first half was agonizing.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon Oct 10 2011, 02:17

if the wallabies can repeat that defensive display theyre going to be hard to beat Smile

that. was. awesome.

the bocs had all the possession, all the territory, and they couldnt score a try... astonishing!

just unbelievable defensive... alot of bodies on the line though still... mccabe looked like he needed some kind of medicine ending in -ine as he left the field...

the all blacks are still loking the goods, but wales and france are looking very dangerous based on their last games...

gonna be a great finish to the wc... i'm totally happy with any of the top four teams to win it... theyve all played brilliant games to get to the semis. Smile and no england or south africa... oh the joy!!! Twisted Evil
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Sun Oct 23 2011, 12:50

How many who saw the game, would not say France were the better team today?

Anyway, well done New Zealand, the cup is yours for the next 4 years.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sun Oct 23 2011, 12:57

Yeah, the All Blacks had nothing on the French today. I was very disappointed at how they played, and it was clear that they were shaken. I think that they are probably their own worst enemy when it comes down to it, and France would have deserved to win that game.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next