ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASSEN TT

5 posters

Go down

ASSEN TT  Empty ASSEN TT

Post by TopContender Sat Jun 25 2011, 17:17

How about that! I don't know what made me happier, seeing Ben win or Lorenzo crash! Poor Ben looked more relieved than celebratory on that victory.

Questions:?

1. Why was it a Saturday race? Competition with F1?
2. Was the race delayed until after F1 qualifying or was that Speedtv?
3. Why is it called a TT when it is a MotoGP race? To me a TT race is like the Isle of Man where you crank through the streets.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

ASSEN TT  Empty Re: ASSEN TT

Post by Henrik Sat Jun 25 2011, 19:44

You need to know your motorcycling history. The Dutch TT is the oldest motorcycle race in the MotoGP and the last remaining "TT". Ilse of Man used to be a part of the world championship but was dropped because it was considered too dangerous. It has always been held on the last Saturday of June since the 1920's. So, the Saturday thing has nothing to do with F1 just tradition.

As to the timing, I don't know if that was done to avoid some clash.

Now, I ended up watching the 125 race which I haven't done for a while. Damn, what have I been missing?! Having always raved about the 125 races, I sort of stopped watching with the arrival of Moto2 which provided some real excitement, but the 125 still has it! That was some serious racing there.

The Moto2 was not bad either, although the field did get a bit spread out.

Then MotoGP, Sic does it again! Seriously, it is getting a bit boring by now, although I was happy it was Lorenzo who got knocked out. No matter, The Ben would have won it anyway. He had a brilliant race and nobody could do anything against him today. Rossi did a good job as well on the GP11.1 bike, showing that perhaps the origonal chassis really is shit. I suppose that does give some hope for next year.

On the other hand, I was pissed that Honda refused to allow the soft Bridgestones. It was too cold for the ones they had to race with, leading to too many riders going off in the beginning.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sat Jun 25 2011, 21:00

Amazing what happens when Ben gets the same bits (finally) as Jorge. Anyone else remember Ben, Haga, and Leon's race at Assen a few years ago...I'm sure Ben was ready for a battle today...and actually relishing the fight he thought would come.

I can only wonder what kind of trouble Colin is getting the two of them into tonight. I hope its worthy of never-ever been told. Very Happy

The most interesting thing to me, other than Ben winning, was that when Stoner doesn't come out of the truck on fire, and on the right set-up, he doesn't seem to find it.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Sat Jun 25 2011, 23:29

Indeed, that race between Haga, Leon and Ben was epic! I think that was one of the really decisive races that year where Ben showed what he was capable of.

About Stoner, I agree. He can be blindingly fast, and looking at how he was sliding the rear today it's not like he wasn't trying. But I think he realized he could do nothing against Ben, and 2nd was better than nothing.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sun Jun 26 2011, 03:59

awesome job from the Ben!
so good to see him outqualify Lorenzo and then outclass everyone in the race!
stoner i think did everything he needed to, indeed, could... Ben couldve responded to anything at 4seconds out...

poor simo cant even make a mistake nowdays! lol i think its funny though that he was one of those blocking bridgestone from bringing the softer tyres over because he seemed to have them working better...

the 125 race was just brilliant... pity it was rain interrupted...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Jun 26 2011, 04:20

To me Marco didn't do anything over the top, but he just crashed. I'll take it though.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Jun 28 2011, 07:13

Disappointed with Sic yet again. Damn when is he going to hold it together?

Great race from Spies, but other than that, not much to talk about really.

As far as I'm aware, MotoGP was on at the same time as F1. In Oz they delayed F1 until after MotoGP was finished.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down