Korean GP Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Korean GP Thread

Post by Gelert on Sun Oct 24 2010, 18:41

Dani wrote:Bubbly gusset indeed! :-D
Gotta luv the nearly super-phallic response... 8=D Wink

Dani wrote:This championship would silence all of the haters...
Not if Nando wins it by equal-to-or-less than 7 points - mark my words...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:41

The drivers loved to drive the circuit, a real challenge. So well done to Tilke for the design. It has a bit of everything...long straights, sweeping corners, on-camber/off-camber, tight corners, wall sections. The last 2 corners especially, real ballsy, especially in the wet. You'd have to be mad.

And for those saying Webber is a fool for whining etc. what do you expect him to do? He's thinking WDC, of course he doesn't want to race!! It's got nothing to do with courage, it's purely tactical. Any driver would have said the same.

No one bitches when Kubica was complaining though of course...

The conditions themselves weren't the problem...it's the visbility. How the eff can you race when you can't see anything in front of you? That's not racing, it's pure luck.

Unfortunately the restarted race took too long to get going, they didn't need to do 16 laps under SC, the track looked ready after about 7 or 8.
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:48

As for the race:

Alonso - not one mistake all race, great win. 10/10
Vettel - felt sorry for him, deserved the win. 10/10
Hamilton - a decent performance, a few mistakes and chewed his tyres away... 8/10
Button - should have stayed home. 2/10
Sutil - usually very strong in the wet, had the worst race in his career. 1/10
Webber, shocker - why the hell did he not stop the car, but let it roll back onto the track and into someone else??? I just didn't get that at all, it almost looked intentional. His tyres weren't even locked up. He was already out after hitting the wall because his track rod was broken. I think he should get some reprimand for that, amateur...unless he was trying to take out or cause Alonso/Hamilton to go off, I have no idea why he did that. 1/10
Liuzzi - maybe the race that saves his career. Awesome drive, in the same car as his team-mate, made Adrian look like twice the muppet. 9/10
Buemi - struggled all day, then took off Glock. 1/10
Petrov - that could be the end of his career at Renault, he was running strong in the top ten. 3/10
Massa - surprisingly drove well, not the greatest wet weather driver but didn't make any noticeable mistakes. 8/10
M.Schumacher - quick early, great performance. 8/10
Rosberg - taken out by Webber, solid pass on Lewis and was catching Alonso. 9/10

And finally....GRANDE GRANDE GRANDE FERNANDO, FORZA FERRARI!
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Mon Oct 25 2010, 02:05

Gelert wrote:

That's rubbish. If that be the case, the person shouldn't bother watching F1. I'm not even gonna bother to start naming ALL the championships that have been effected because of team-mate help.

If anything, Alonso deserves the extra 7 points after he got shafted in Valencia. He should have been 3rd with 15 points, instead of 8th with 4.
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs on Mon Oct 25 2010, 11:39

what a fail fest! lol

play, i dunno how intentional it couldve been with no rear left and the front right hanging up in the air, but he stuffed it nonetheless... rosberg was on fire too! doh!

the really dumb bit was he stuffed trying to chase his teammate who had his engine turned up too far and who shouldve been backing alonso up for him for the last few races, let alone at korea... no doubt if vettel had finished, all the support wouldve been voiced for vettel for the remaining races... suck shit redbull, is all i can say.

ferrari and mclaren right back in the picture, and if redbull still dont support mark now for the title?... meh... its too late they fucked it already.

the mime artist ftw!

and someone should introduce the concept of ag-lines to the koreans...
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert on Mon Oct 25 2010, 19:43

PLAYLIFE wrote:
Gelert wrote:

That's rubbish. If that be the case, the person shouldn't bother watching F1. I'm not even gonna bother to start naming ALL the championships that have been effected because of team-mate help.

If anything, Alonso deserves the extra 7 points after he got shafted in Valencia. He should have been 3rd with 15 points, instead of 8th with 4.
I still reckon that A. Senna was better than M. Schumacher.

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender on Tue Oct 26 2010, 00:17

What is interesting is that Red Bull have to toss all their eggs in Webber's basket. Webbo is 10 points behind, and Vettel is 24 in the hole. With 2 races to go that is to much of a deficit to overcome.
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Tue Oct 26 2010, 02:09

Gelert wrote:
PLAYLIFE wrote:
Gelert wrote:

I prefer Prost over both of them.
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Tue Oct 26 2010, 02:15

TopContender wrote:What is interesting is that Red Bull have to toss all their eggs in Webber's basket. Webbo is 10 points behind, and Vettel is 24 in the hole. With 2 races to go that is to much of a deficit to overcome.

Not that it matters much, but it's Webber 11 points and Vettel 25 points.

RBR can't back one driver now - weren't they criticising Ferrari for backing one driver when both were mathematically still in contention for the WDC? Pot....kettle...black.

Look at 2007 (let alone a sh1t load more championships in the past, ).
Kimi was 17 points behind Hamilton (equivalent of 43 points in todays points) with 2 races to go. Kimi won.
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman on Tue Oct 26 2010, 05:21

God, you all make nearly sound worth watching..... and I will.

gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert on Tue Oct 26 2010, 19:02

PLAYLIFE wrote:
Gelert wrote:
PLAYLIFE wrote:
Gelert wrote:

I prefer Prost over both of them.
Strangely, so does Gueuze - but that's in the "Beer" thread...

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender on Tue Oct 26 2010, 20:59

PLAYLIFE wrote:
TopContender wrote:What is interesting is that Red Bull have to toss all their eggs in Webber's basket. Webbo is 10 points behind, and Vettel is 24 in the hole. With 2 races to go that is to much of a deficit to overcome.

RBR can't back one driver now - weren't they criticising Ferrari for backing one driver when both were mathematically still in contention for the WDC? Pot....kettle...black.

Kimi was 17 points behind Hamilton (equivalent of 43 points in todays points) with 2 races to go. Kimi won.

True, but that was a 2 person battle. This time you have 4 guys that can spoil the show with your plan. I I would make Vettel block, and provide cushion.
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman on Wed Oct 27 2010, 05:41

Vettel would have to qualify second behind Weber to block, as they can't trust Mark to pass Sebass in the fist turn w/o taking him out.

gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Wed Oct 27 2010, 06:23

TopContender wrote:
PLAYLIFE wrote:

True, but that was a 2 person battle. This time you have 4 guys that can spoil the show with your plan. I I would make Vettel block, and provide cushion.

It was actually a 3-person battle - Raikkonen-Hamilton-Alonso.

Before China
Hamilton 107
Alonso 95
Raikkonen 90
Massa 80

Before Brazil
Hamilton 107
Alonso 103
Raikkonen 100
Massa 86 (out of contention)

Final Standings
Raikkonen 110
Hamilton 109
Alonso 109
Massa 94 (out of contention)

In today's points, with 2 races to run:
Kimi was 43 points behind.
Alonso, teammate to Lewis, was 31 points behind.
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner on Wed Oct 27 2010, 12:17

Berger contends that Webber tried to take out one of his rivals following his crash. He noted that he did not have his brakes on after the initial impact. He got the wrong guy I guess.

What do you guys think?
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy on Wed Oct 27 2010, 12:53

Werner wrote:Berger

What do you guys think?

Spot on, also took Lewis out in a previous race (Singapore).
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert on Wed Oct 27 2010, 19:39

Danny Boy wrote:

What do you guys think?

Absolutely. It's all a carefully orchestrated campaign by Red Bull* AND Ferrari*...after all, Vettel took Jenson out in Spa, and Massa took Lewis out at Monza.

And just to prove the point that Red Bull* are taking no chances, Mark took Heikki out at Valencia.

Of course, Mark had to say that the Korean crash was his fault - but that's all part of the Evil Devil-Horner's* strategy.

* Obviously I mean Bernie Ecclestone: After all, the Ferrari Hockenheim-gate scandal was arranged solely by FOM / FIA to prove to all established or yet-to-join teams and constructors (VW included) that to win a WDC costs a mere US$100,000.

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner on Thu Oct 28 2010, 00:37

Gelert wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:

What do you guys think?

Absolutely. It's all a carefully orchestrated campaign by Red Bull* AND Ferrari*...after all, Vettel took Jenson out in Spa, and Massa took Lewis out at Monza.

And just to prove the point that Red Bull* are taking no chances, Mark took Heikki out at Valencia.

Of course, Mark had to say that the Korean crash was his fault - but that's all part of the Evil Devil-Horner's* strategy.

Bastard, shouldn't he banned or something?!?
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE on Thu Oct 28 2010, 03:10

Werner wrote:Berger contends that Webber tried to take out one of his rivals following his crash. He noted that he did not have his brakes on after the initial impact. He got the wrong guy I guess.

What do you guys think?

Exactly what I thought when I was watching it live. I also said it on Page 2 of this thread!

I don't think it's so 'impossible', as though someone wouldn't do something like that. Maybe I'm cynical, but I've seen it happen many a time before. Dixon/Franchitti recently...
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs on Thu Oct 28 2010, 06:01

lol... good on 'im if he did... there are too many fkn germans on the grid anyway Razz
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top