ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sing Sing GP

+6
Srrh
H8R
gueuzeman
Gelert
Dani
TopContender
10 posters

Go down

Sing Sing GP  Empty Sing Sing GP

Post by TopContender Fri Sep 24 2010, 02:36

Well we got a night race. Let's hope Alonso doesn't snooker Flippy into finding the wall so he can win the race.

Also, Speedtv is offering coverage of the 1st practice session streamed from their website.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Sing Sing GP  Empty Re: Sing Sing GP

Post by Dani Sun Sep 26 2010, 16:34

I am ECSTATIC!!!Ferrari is absolutely back! :-D I knew that Ferrari could do it and I am so proud of the whole team for never giving up the fight! Red bull gave us a heart stopping run for our money, but today Ferrari was an irresistable force! Forza Ferrari!!!
Dani
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Sun Sep 26 2010, 18:28

Ooops - there's a very real danger of Nando winning this WDC by less than 7 points.

That wouldn't sit very well with race fans.

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman Sun Sep 26 2010, 18:40

Gelert- that would be a shame, for sure. Hamilton is sure doing his best to make that happen...again.

Kind of a boring race- no surprise.

I liked Heike's flame show at the end. And Bobby K. was in good form.

At least with the engine change Ferrari didn't have to worry about Massa being in Freddy's way.

gueuzeman
gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Mon Sep 27 2010, 03:57

It appears to me that Vettel doesn't have what it takes to be WDC. He's an excellent driver...but seems to be missing that magic that WDC seem to have...all be it some may only catch the lightning in the jar for a single season.

Alonso truly looked like a champion today....as did his Ferrari.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Srrh Mon Sep 27 2010, 13:57

Ferdinand Alonso has a perfect week-end. What a driver....
Hamil was right to try it...bad luck...both he and Webbo could have lost it...sometimes shit happens.
Great Number 2 drive from Button...
Vettel never let's go...good for him.

and finally, but certainly not least : all hail Bob. K.'s drive...the most fun driver to watch on the grid today (with Kobayachi....).

All that being said...what a boring GP !!
Srrh
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Mon Sep 27 2010, 14:53

Srrh wrote:
and finally, but certainly not least : all hail Bob. K.'s drive...the most fun driver to watch on the grid today (with Kobayachi....).

You were right about a boring race, but Bob K? he gained two places (up to 6th) at the start, then did nothing until he went 5th because of Hamilton's pit stop. He then dropped to 13th because of a puncture, and then overtook five drivers who's tyres were shot and it was a piece of piss to overtake them on braking.
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelert Mon Sep 27 2010, 21:05

Danny Boy wrote:
Srrh wrote:

You were right about a boring race, but Bob K? he gained two places (up to 6th) at the start, then did nothing until he went 5th because of Hamilton's pit stop. He then dropped to 13th because of a puncture, and then overtook five drivers who's tyres were shot and it was a piece of piss to overtake them on braking.
YAY for 'strategy'... cheers

Crikey - two posts in succession without using the "F" word... scratch

Gelert
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Sep 29 2010, 06:45

Awesome drive from both Alonso and Vettel, in a class of their own.

They're the only two drivers, along with Lewis, who have been maximising their potential in almost every race.

Webber has his off days where he is half a second slower than team-mate, as does Massa and Button.

I think either Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel are the more deserving drivers for the crown this year...of those who can actually still win it.

I reckon Kubica in the best car would blitz them all though...
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Sep 29 2010, 07:04

PLAYLIFE wrote:

Webber has his off days where he is half a second slower than team-mate, as does Massa and Button.

Webber took Lewis out when Lewis had overtaken him and was therefore in a higher points scoring position, so I would, in a cheating Australian way, think Webber did very well.

On that note, when there is virtually no overtaking of any merit in any race, it is time the FIA imposed points deductions on the driver and the team of any driver ,who, when he has been cleanly overtaken, then "has a racing incident" on the next bend.

But then again, does Berrnie actually watch a race, or spend his time counting his money or groping some F1 tart puke
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Srrh Wed Sep 29 2010, 08:34

DB; good point about Robert K. but but but...how long did Massa in his awsome Ferrari stay behind Suttil ? 3-4 hours ? Kubika stayed behind him 2 laps!!

Srrh
Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Boy Wed Sep 29 2010, 08:47

Srrh wrote:DB; good point about Robert K. but but but...how long did Massa in his awsome Ferrari stay behind Suttil ? 3-4 hours ? Kubika stayed behind him 2 laps!!

I thought Massa had a very poor race, especially considering a lot of people just in front of him pulled in for a pit stop with the first safety car.

I think Kubica is a very good driver, but his overtaking after his puncture was purely down to new tyres (and obviously, a good car).
Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Wed Sep 29 2010, 09:48

Danny Boy wrote:
Webber took Lewis out when Lewis had overtaken him and was therefore in a higher points scoring position, so I would, in a cheating Australian way, think Webber did very well.

On that note, when there is virtually no overtaking of any merit in any race, it is time the FIA imposed points deductions on the driver and the team of any driver ,who, when he has been cleanly overtaken, then "has a racing incident" on the next bend.

But then again, does Berrnie actually watch a race, or spend his time counting his money or groping some F1 tart puke

In my view, Webber was stupid to get involved in the incident with Hamilton. How often does the front suspension not get damaged and the rear suspension does? Not many. I know Webber is aggressive and doesn't want to be a push-over, but big deal if he gets 15 points or 12 points...certainly better than a DNF. I thought it was poor 'championship' driving - he was VERY lucky Lewis retired and he got away unscathed.

As for racing - there's more to it than just overtaking. I get the feeling everyone thinks that overtaking is the holy grail of racing - the truth is, it's only a very small part.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Sat Oct 02 2010, 08:37

i dunno know if webber should be making it easy for hamilton to make his passes... if hamilton couldnt see webber and didnt think he was still up beside, why didnt he assume the entire apex? and if he's not taking the entire apex what makes him think only leaving half a car width is going to be enough... Hamilton and Webber were both making contributions to the moment... Webber got lucky, and we saw other guys passing on that corner leaving enough room for the guy still there on the inside.

but give Kubi the best car and he'd slop the floor with them all i reckon....

i don't care who wins this season i just dont want it to be Alonso! ;P
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Sun Oct 03 2010, 12:37

Had Hamilton left him more room he would hahe had him anyway. If Webbo punted him then, there would have been a clear case for a penalty.

The only thing I know is that Webbo gets in too many of these altercations. He is the supreme prik on track, well, after Schumi that is.
Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Oct 03 2010, 14:48

I would agree that he is a magnet, but for years it always has been him receiving the bad end of the deal.

Also, I saw at least 3 other passes that were far worse than Webber's. One of the drivers lauched over the curb and hit someone.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Mon Oct 04 2010, 01:16

TopContender wrote:I would agree that he is a magnet, but for years it always has been him receiving the bad end of the deal.

Also, I saw at least 3 other passes that were far worse than Webber's. One of the drivers lauched over the curb and hit someone.

I think you may be referring to Kobayashi? He came from about 300 metres back and punted Schumi.

Schumi punted Heidfeld later in the race as well.

The more I look at the Webber/Hamilton accident, the more I think it's Webber's fault.
If you freeze-frame the incident about 50 metres before the corner, Hamilton is almost entirely in front. Webber is on the extreme inside-line, the worst line into the corner - there is no way he could have made the corner at the speed he was going. He catches back up under braking by virtue that he hasn't braked enough and then hits Lewis.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Mon Oct 04 2010, 01:53

I think Webber was at fault, but if they let the other passes go unpenalized they have to do the same for Webber.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon Oct 04 2010, 08:50

you think he punted him? lol

i think mark's an honest racer... hulkenberg's efforts at monza were far more dishonest than anything mark has ever been involved in... he's been ralfed, schui'd, fisicella'd, vettel'd, lotus'd and now hamilton'd from my memory... either dive bombing or turning across him or doing something unpredictable, he's not going to just turn off while they try to have their way with him lol... very rarely has mark been the one to make the mistake other than being there on track and relying on the other guy to share the track... if you want to make a pass you have to leave enough room finishing off and work with what you're given... mark doesnt weave or cut corners, but he does not leave very much after that... it's good racing... and the number and quality of passes he gets done speaks enough for his capacity to do it safely... he wouldn't make as many passes as he does without that.

but i dont see how he's a dirty racer as you put it, werner...
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner Mon Oct 04 2010, 11:44

he has his own version of the chop, just ask Massa.

Just saying...

Werner
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Tue Oct 05 2010, 04:22

massa is rarely on the same bit of track, and is like delarosa... should stick to testing.

but if the mclaren has the top speed and the redbull has the downforce, where else would you expect mark to be if he's on the inside?
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Oct 05 2010, 05:50

Webber is overly aggressive when defending. He hasn't been as bad this year, but when he was at Jag and Williams he was just over the top, would sacrifice contact for sake of 'not giving in'. With the best car this year, he rarely has been in this position...and maybe he has learnt a few things.

But over his career, he has been involved in way too many collisions with other drivers.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down