ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend

5 posters

Go down

Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend Empty Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend

Post by H8R Sat Sep 04 2010, 03:09

My DVR is going to be busy..

MotoGP at Misano

WSBK at Nurbugring

AMA Superbike at NJMP (I help sponsor the ESP BMW ridden by Chris Peris)

Maybe some AMA Motocross...

WOOT!!! It's going to be 44C here this weekend in Phoenix according to the weather man. I'm going to sit by the pool and bake and watch me some Racin'!!!
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend Empty Re: Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend

Post by Henrik Sat Sep 04 2010, 10:31

Sounds great! I'll probably watch the MotoGP live, and then take the WSBK on my laptop to watch on the plane Monday morning.

We have beautiful sunshine and not too hot, so it is perfect riding weather. Maybe I will just record all of it and go riding instead...
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend Empty Re: Whole lot of two wheeled action this weekend

Post by H8R Sat Sep 04 2010, 21:59

Gossip:
Tardozzi out at BMW, replacing Meregali at Yamaha WSB
Meregali to reunite with Spies at Yamaha Factory
Capirossi signed at Pramac
Dovizioso #1 target for Suzuki
Melandri to WSB (BMW)
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Sep 05 2010, 18:10

Another F-ing death! That poor kid Tomizawa was hit and died. I think Peter's death was just freakish, but Ome has to wonder about 40 bikes being to much for moto2. I admit I am very green when it comes to bike races, but it looked like a mad scramble at Indy where they stopped the start.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sun Sep 05 2010, 18:19

TopContender wrote:Another F-ing death! That poor kid Tomizawa was hit and died. I think Peter's death was just freakish, but Ome has to wonder about 40 bikes being to much for moto2. I admit I am very green when it comes to bike races, but it looked like a mad scramble at Indy where they stopped the start.

If there were 10 bikes it would look the same. These things won't change. Some will blame spec motors for keeping the racing close in Moto2...but thats what fans want to see. My wife was concerned (5 deaths this year in all actuality including club racing here in the States) that I wouldn't want our son to ride or race. I told her if he wants to race I will be behind him...he will know the possibilities as well.

Tommy Aquino had a similar crash yesterday at NJMP and hit the wall in a glancing blow....got up and restarted from pit lane.

I have a saying.... "Racer's race". They will be out there regardless. Good for them!

RIP - Shoya Tomizawa

"This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional bloodsport. And it can happen to you. And then it can happen to you again."

-Michael Delaney (Steve McQueen)
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by TopContender Sun Sep 05 2010, 20:50

I see what you are saying, that death could have happened with 3 bikes running. It is just a shame to have back to back kids die.

That said, could better padding like motocross help? There has to be a way to improve safety without fisher-pricing the situation.
TopContender
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by H8R Sun Sep 05 2010, 21:03

TopContender wrote:I see what you are saying, that death could have happened with 3 bikes running. It is just a shame to have back to back kids die.

That said, could better padding like motocross help? There has to be a way to improve safety without fisher-pricing the situation.

Getting hit with another bike...it wouldn't matter how much padding you had...unless you had a Robo-Cop exo-skeleton....and then you loose all the suppleness that is required to get the bike to go fast, and save it when you almost crash.

Every racer knows the price of admission. I feel like I can safely say that guys racing bikes have the lowest mean age for last will's and personal shit in order. It's just a fact. On the flip side...serious injury and death are rare. Mostly it's broken collarbones, thumbs, fingers, and legs. Lots of concussions...and some paralysis. I don't know what the percentage is compared to stick and ball sports...or skiing or other extreme sports, but frankly speaking....Racer's race.

H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Mon Sep 06 2010, 04:53

Absolutely horrific accident Crying or Very sad

I knew when it happened it was going to be very serious despite the commentators saying there were no life threatening injuries - I just didn't believe those reports, logged onto the internet and sure enough the reports were life threatening injuries.

The number of bikes in Moto2 didn't have anything to do with the accident - although I do think that 41 is way too many. I think the grid should be culled to 30 at most. Having more than that doesn't add to the racing.

It was the worst case motorcycle rider scenario - fall off the bike in a high speed section, and land right on the racing line. Poor de Angelis and Redding had zero time to react.

Tragic.

RIP Shoya-san.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs Mon Sep 06 2010, 08:38

i feel sick for the guys that hit him Sad

RIP shoya!
Revs
Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Tue Sep 07 2010, 09:10

It was bad, and crashes usually are. Most of the time bikes crash in a corner, which means they will normally slide right of the track and out of the way of the guys behind. Here it was a bit strange, but Tomizawa went a bit wide, and then lost it right between the two corners.

I truly hate it when this stuff happens, but as much as it sucks it will always be part of racing. So much has been done for the safety over the years, which is why serious injuries are now quite rare. Still, the bad ones will happen from time to time.

Just as a comparison, Leon Haslam had a similar crash in WSBK this weekend, the race got red flagged, and Leon was back on the grid for the re-start.

RIP Tomizawa.
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYLIFE Tue Sep 07 2010, 09:31

The last 3 riders to be killed in MotoGP have all been Japanese, Tomizawa, Kato of course and Wakai in Jerez 1993.
PLAYLIFE
PLAYLIFE
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down