ShamuCroaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoGP Assen and WSBK Misano

2 posters

Go down

MotoGP Assen and WSBK Misano Empty MotoGP Assen and WSBK Misano

Post by Henrik Wed Jun 30 2010, 14:49

We just had an excellent weekend for two wheel fans, with the MotoGP race at Assen on Saturday and then WSBK at Misano on Sunday.

So, we kick off with the MotoGP. In qualifying, Randy was again able to get second place. He is really beginning to show some serious speed without falling, but boy is he ragged in the race. I think this is partly up to the fact that he is struggling with a lesser bike, being on a privateer Honda. Still, he was able to fight for a while with the front of the pack, but I can imagine anybody being behind him to get a bit frustrated as he really has some dodgy lines! Otherwise, up front we again saw Lorenzo dominate, and I think his chances of taking the title this year are starting to look extremely serious. To be honest, even if Rossi would still be there I think Lorenzo would have won the last two races. He is just that good!

Speaking of Rossi, the rumours are becoming more and more persistent about him joining Ducati for next year. The latest says that an announcement will be made during the Catalunya GP, and I think if it does happen it will make 2011 one interesting championship!!! It is being said that he is not happy with Yamaha anymore, and that since he does not get the preferential treatment he used to, he does not want to be alongside Lorenzo. I suppose there is is a bit of truth to that, in the same way he left Honda when they decided to try and support more than one rider. Whatever the reasons, I would love to see a shake up like this, with Rossi taking on yet another challenge. Get Stoner to go to Honda while we are at it, and give Spies a factory Yamaha. Imagine seeing this:

Ducati: Rossi & Hayden
Yamaha: Lorenyo & Spies
Honda: Stoner, Pedrosa &/or Dovi

My only real regret with that is that Suzuki is not in there with a top bike as well.

Moto2 was fabulous as usual. They are just so much fun to watch, and I really don't care if they are only 600cc. The action is immense, and that is all I want to see.

I haven't seen the 125cc race yet, but I was reading about how the decision now is clear with the replacement series to the 125cc 2 strokes. It will be Moto3, with single cylinder 250cc four strokes. Unlike the Moto2 however, there will be several engine manufacturers. I think they should have gone with a single manufacturer as in Moto2, at least to start with. Still, the 2 strokes are about to disappear totally, and I will miss them...

Sunday was WSBK, and with Corser having scored the pole, I was hoping that he would finally take the BMW to victory. At the start of the race, it looked like he might just do that, as he seemed comfortable in the lead. It was great to have the front three guys being the oldest out there, with Biaggi at 39, Corser 38 and Checa 37! These guys may be old, but damn can they ride bikes! Great action, with Biaggi finally taking the win. Race two was a bit similar, although Biaggi took the lead earlier, and Corser was not able to stay at the front. The English contenders got back in the fight as well, with Haslam and Crutchlow having good races. Fabrizio also managed to get the factory Ducati to the front finally, but it does make you wonder what is up with Haga. I am afraid his career may be nearing its end...

Good stuff all round, which has left me wanting more!!
Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

MotoGP Assen and WSBK Misano Empty Re: MotoGP Assen and WSBK Misano

Post by H8R Thu Jul 01 2010, 07:01

I was gutted when Troy began dropping back....I so want to see him get a win on that thing.

Randy, Casey, Nicky and Ben made things interesting. Didn't they? Smile

Were hearing Casey is going to be on a Honda Redbull bike...

I was glad Ben Ran up front for a few laps...another little step for him.

I'm starting to question Colin...I think it's time to put a fork in him...bummer...he can be quick...but falls back in the races.

JT needs to move along. I don't know where he's going to go. His supporters think he should go to Ten Kate...but with his pace and performance I don't think he will have many options.

I really enjoyed the races.
H8R
H8R
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik Thu Jul 01 2010, 08:59

So you finally got to see them!

About the Redbull bike, I was hearing it would be Dovi who would be on it. I suppose it would make sense that either Dovi or Pedrosa ride a Redbull bike since they are currently sponsored by them. I don't think Casey is.

Colin is really beginning to disappoint me. I really like him, always have, but his mediocre performances in MotoGP have become even more obvious now with Ben arriving. He always has an excuse, but I think he should go back to WSBK and join the other old guys there.

Henrik
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down